Will they get the naughty step?

That's the nub of the problem though, isn't it? Mr Kennedy and others will moan about the 'over the top' actions of social services and similarly bemoan their lack of action in cases like Baby P... You are typical of the Daily Mail readers and their ilk (your choice of quote, not mine) who fail to recognise that we are asking human beings to do these jobs and there is always the challenge of over-reacting or failing to protect... The media will always pick up on the 'PC gone mad' type stories with no justification, but conveniently fail to report on the good work that is done...

Frankly it's pathetic that you purport to represent the people of Warrington and yet have such a crass and blinkered view of society...

Eagle,

I let it stay as I thought that it said more about the equaliser than PK.

I do find it surprising that he says that PK represents the people of Warrington. I thought that it was just Hatton, and that when he posted on here he was representing himself.

A continuing problem on the Forum. Posters do NOT read and inwardly digest before respoding, hence they nearly always get the facts wrong.

Isn't Edward Woodward dead? or is the equaliser dead from the neck up?

• 1 month later...
I merely said it was an interesting article, and made no comment, so I'm not sure why you have made your post and named me

Clearly I was expecting that by posting an article you had some sympathy with it... I could put the BNP manifesto on here, and would rightly expect you to call me a racist... Maybe it's just me, but I really wouldn't bother to post anything that didn't convey my feelings on an issue...

You clearly lack the courage of your convictions given you don't post in your own name. Maybe you would like to tell posters who you are, and your background, so that your validity to comment can be judged

Just like Observer, Lt Kije and others, eh? Don't be soft, Paul - the majority of people on here are 'hiding' behind pseudonyms, that's fairly normal for any Forum... Hence, it is rather odd that you would propose opting to judge the validity of any comments made by me... I went to Eton College and have got an MA (Oxon) - is that good enough for you? :wink:

so your stereotyping is ill informed as is your final inflammatory, inaccurate and offensive comment. :wink:

I certainly did not stereotype anybody... If you recall, I used a phrase that had already been utilised earlier in the thread... Any comment on it's validity simply traces back to the original usage... As for an "inflammatory" comment, then you patently miss the point... It makes no difference which ward you are elected from, you are a representative of Warrington and - clearly I am in a minority of one here - I would expect you to have a touch more decorum in addressing social issues such as this... :wink:

Equaliser, you mention "over the top" actions and lack of action in one sentence. Doesn't that suggest the Social Services are a shambles?quote]

It is .. everywhere!

:roll:

Nope... I was merely suggesting that the individuals who moan of 'over the top' social services actions are likely to be the same ones who moan about the sad outcomes of cases like Victoria Climbie and Baby P... In my opinion, they have an incredibly hard job to do and a very fine line to tread, and no doubt for the most part do a bloody fine job, but you never get to read about that, do you?

2 months of pent-up angst?

Nothing wrong with being critical and questioning.

People can ALWAYS do better at what they do.

When you look around, you might wonder how some of these people get their jobs, as they seem to have no apparent skills.

By the way, a university education is only the 1st step in life. It means that your proper education has started. It's called the "University of Life". :wink:

Clearly I was expecting that by posting an article you had some sympathy with it... I could put the BNP manifesto on here, and would rightly expect you to call me a racist... Maybe it's just me, but I really wouldn't bother to post anything that didn't convey my feelings on an issue...

With regards to posting articles, I often do it to stimulate debate and keep the Forum vibrant, not always because I have sympathy with them. With regardings to name calling, that is something that I rarely do.

Other's posting habits are a matter for the individual, and on this Forum, all are welcome.

We had something similar happen over here - 3 boys had been bullying another boy for months - they ended up beating him and abusing him. All three boys are in jail and will be tried as adults.

I realize this is more serious than the original topic of this thread - but there is some real anger and hostility out there with our younger generation! :cry:

Anyone would think that you work for Social Services, reading your comments. However, your posts say more about you, than about the content of the other posters. :wink:

Oooh, so far off the mark!

Anyway, I would hope that my posts do say something about me and my values... Not sure about the "content" of other posters, unless you mean the usual brown stuff! :wink: