Will they get the naughty step?

what the hell drives kids barely out of short trousers to do such a thing?

I doubt that it's because they're lilly white angels expressing their frustration about peer pressure and the gulf between their opportunities and their expectations in our consumerist society.

Might be that they're worthless scrotes who've spent their entire lives putting themselves and their wants above those of anyone else.

Want a laugh? Terrorise a granny.

Want money? Burgle someones house.

Want a new mobile? Rob someone at knife point.

Anyone want a side bet on whether they were previously "known" to the police and social services?

I won't believe that they don't know right from wrong, they'll have made choices every step of the way. It's well past time for some consequences.

Maybe the following from the Guardian gives some insight into the boys:

"The boys, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were recently placed in foster care by Doncaster children's services, whose senior management was replaced last month by the children's secretary, Ed Balls."

From which I take it that they were from a "broken family".

I saw it reported as well Paul.

Kids like these stem from families who no respect for others and their property. What Obs has said can be said about the two creatures that murdered Jamie Bulger and in their cases it turned out to be correct....

The big problem now is that the victims will have to get on with it with help from their families whereas the thugs who did this will now be treated to the finest treatment that the British taxpayer can fund and in the future, just like Venebles and Thompson, they will get new identities and new lives to help them readjust.... it all stinks.

As has been said on here, 10 and 11 year olds know the difference between right and wrong and must now face the consequences with no softly softly linings attached

Equal: the clue to the causation was in my post - or was it tooo subtle? :? This phenomenon isn't new, we had the Bulger case, but perhaps a tad more prevelent nowadays; and all aided and abetted by a PC Government that has gone overboard to give the little cherubs "rights", whilst undermining the ability of parents, police and teachers to set boundaries, and chastise transgretions. :shock: We have a generation(s), of spoilt brats, who know their rights, but have no interest or awareness of their responsibilities. :shock: This is particularly acute amonst those of Chav parentage; the parents having been raised in the same cultural mode, of me, me; I want it, and I want it now; and the sociapathic tendency to take what they want, when they want it. :shock: These kids have been brought up without any boundaries of behaviour being set, and no means of physical chastisement to instill a fear of crossing those boundaries; due to middle class PC liberal ideas of child rearing - well it just doesn't work with the Chavs, especially those who know no father, or like these two, who know no parents. We now have a sizable under-class, commonly refered to as "chavs"; they can be seen on TV in the dumbed down quiz shows`like "deal or no deal" or the Jerremy (I'm superior with all the answers) Kyle show. They are basically ignorant, with no sense of self worth, and no respect for anything or anybody but their own wants. They can be seen in the Town Centres at a week-end, totally off their skulls with booze, and later clogging up the queue at A&E. Is there a solution - I doubt it, as the genie is now well and truly out of the bottle. :cry:

I've think you've just about summed it up correctly Observer.

Alas, my fear is that at some stage sections of the silent, and law abiding majority, will opt to take the law in to their own hands and adopt vigilante actions...some of which might be quite extreme.

Interestingly I was listening to a radio report on the problems teachers have to suffer in the classroom, one example was of a year 8 lad, who was told off, went home that night, told his dad, who then gave him an egg, told him to crack it on the teacher's head in front of the class...which he duly did. Don't know what the punishment was...probably a few days suspension...hardly a punishment....I know what the punishment should have been...but since my posts are monitored....I couldn't possibly say. :wink:

Kyje: where do you get "or listen to BBC" from; I do watch TV News, which, as I said elsewhere, isn't particilarly prone to adopting hard right or left positions on anything. :roll: And, if you watch the dumbed down progs, like Noel Edmunds's so-called quiz (which is knowledge free), or Jerremy Kyle's public examination of chav dirty washing, or the fictional "shameless"; you'll get a flavour of "broken Britain". :roll:

Interesting article from the Daily Mail.

A mother had her eight-year-old son taken away and put into care after she smacked him with a hairbrush for refusing to get ready for school.

The 42-year-old woman was forced to give him up to social services, after a 'moment of madness' when the youngster would not dress himself in the morning.

She was holding a hairbrush at the time and struck him twice on the shoulder in a bid to hurry him up.

The woman immediately apologised but her fit of frustration landed her in court after a teacher spotted the boy in pain and informed child protection officers.

The boy was then taken into emergency foster care - and the mother was ordered to appear before magistrates charged with assault.

She is now allowed to see her son for only two hours per week after pleading guilty to assault by beating.

South Somerset Magistrate's Court heard the woman, from Yeovil, Somerset, wanted her son to look 'perfect' for school.

Prosecutor Judy Morris then described the boy's subsequent behaviour and said: 'The teacher said the boy appeared to be happy, but said his shoulder hurt and when interviewed on video said he had got up late and his mum was angry and sad.

'She then hit him on the shoulder once with the back and once with the spikes of the hairbrush.

'He said he was not scared of his mum, although she was really stressed out and thought she needed help as she wanted him to be perfect.'

The court heard the boy's mother immediately apologised before taking him to school, where he later told a teacher that he was in pain.

Last night a spokesman for Somerset Council said:'Children's Social Care are working closely with the mother to enable her to return to caring for her son.'

They refused to discuss the background to the case, or the reasons for their extreme intervention which is bound to re-fuel the debate over the smacking of children by parents.

It is illegal for a parent to hit a child if it leaves a bruise but a lighter smack or 'reasonable chastisement' is allowed.

So would it be possible, for every parent straight jacketed by this micro-management of family life; to dump their kids with Social Services, on the grounds that they've tried the naughty step etc, but it hasn't worked, therefore in order to save him/her from a good hiding, I'm handing him/her over for his/her protection?! :?:wink:

I think 'broken Britain' has a lot to do with banning corporal punishment in schools,banning parents from smacking their kids.The only thing is;they never gave out manuals telling parents the alternative way to disciplining their children..this is where children have become unruly and those parents that do care are now taking parenting classes..but it's too little,too late..IMO

Who teaches wolves etc on how to "parent" their pups? :? The Alpha male and female, assert their dominance over the pack physically - the pups understand who is boss, and adapt to the pecking order. :roll: Mind you, not many Alpha males around nowadays. :roll: And with this Government insisting on getting "Mum" into a job, she dumps the kids with "minders". while getting stressed out at work, and with little quality time with the kids, feeds their material wants as a compensation for love; then the kid is bungled off to Dad (ex-partner, if he's still around) at week-ends, for yet more material spoiling. :roll:

• 3 weeks later...

That's the nub of the problem though, isn't it? Mr Kennedy and others will moan about the 'over the top' actions of social services and similarly bemoan their lack of action in cases like Baby P... You are typical of the Daily Mail readers and their ilk (your choice of quote, not mine) who fail to recognise that we are asking human beings to do these jobs and there is always the challenge of over-reacting or failing to protect... The media will always pick up on the 'PC gone mad' type stories with no justification, but conveniently fail to report on the good work that is done...

Frankly it's pathetic that you purport to represent the people of Warrington and yet have such a crass and blinkered view of society...

That's the nub of the problem though, isn't it? Mr Kennedy and others will moan about the 'over the top' actions of social services and similarly bemoan their lack of action in cases like Baby P... You are typical of the Daily Mail readers and their ilk (your choice of quote, not mine) who fail to recognise that we are asking human beings to do these jobs and there is always the challenge of over-reacting or failing to protect... The media will always pick up on the 'PC gone mad' type stories with no justification, but conveniently fail to report on the good work that is done...

Frankly it's pathetic that you purport to represent the people of Warrington and yet have such a crass and blinkered view of society...

Speaking for myself....and not other Daily Mail readers, as I was the named person, I merely said it was an interesting article, and made no comment, so I'm not sure why you have made your post and named me. You clearly lack the courage of your convictions given you don't post in your own name. Maybe you would like to tell posters who you are, and your background, so that your validity to comment can be judged.

Interestingly I read a broad range of online papers, and do not buy the Daily Mail, when I do buy national papers, a rarity, it tends to be the Daily Telegraph or The Times....also quite like The Independent, so your stereotyping is ill informed as is your final inflammatory, inaccurate and offensive comment. :wink:

Equaliser, you mention "over the top" actions and lack of action in one sentence. Doesn't that suggest the Social Services are a shambles?

I find your personal attack on a fellow poster quite disgusting and hope the moderators will take the necessary action. This Forum offers a platform for opinion and argument from all sectors of the local community but if you can't accept counter argument without resorting to abuse then you will not be missed.