Global Warming or Not

Lt Kije

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re the "Gulf Stream" arguement: IF we were to lose the warming effect of the Gulf Stream, and thus experience similiar weather to Canada or Moscow - are you saying that no one lives through Winters in Canada or Russia? :? Minus 50oC - we just have to learn to adapt - and perhaps prepare now for that eventuallity. :roll::wink:

I know what is in the past, I haven't a clue what is in the future but I refuse to be worried by the various killjoys enployed at great expense to tell me things I don't believe and therefore don't worry about. I include also the demented local crusaders on here.

I refuse to use the well worn expression "get a life" since you have all convinced yourselves that there isn't going to be one.

I was thinking of coming on today and complimenting everyone on a reasonably thoughtful debate, devoid of the usual abuse that seems to arise whenever any serious subject is posted. Alas, over the weekend it would seem that is no longer appropriate.

Why is it that those who see no point in taking action to try and combat climate change regard those that do as "sanctimonious"?

I mean, if someone decides to give up their car, live in a cave, eat lentils, etc, they effect no-one but themselves.

Could it be that those who advocate continuing with our profligate lifestyle feel some sense of guilt?

I mean, if someone decides to give up their car, live in a cave, eat lentils, etc, they effect no-one but themselves

The problem is that the people who are shouting loudest about "fighting climate change" don't want to give up anything themselves, they just want everyone else to pay up, shut up and go and live in unlit, unheated caves eating berries. :roll::roll:

I mean, if someone decides to give up their car, live in a cave, eat lentils, etc, they effect no-one but themselves

The problem is that the people who are shouting loudest about "fighting climate change" don't want to give up anything themselves, they just want everyone else to pay up, shut up and go and live in unlit, unheated caves eating berries. :roll::roll:

You know these people personally I take it?

Incidentally, isn't it amazing how people not named in my post, identify themselves so easily and quickly! Reminds me of an old saying: "If the cap fits, wear it."

The problem with this subject is that it affects the WHOLE planet!!!!

As usual, GB starts banging the drum and making ALL the sacrifices whilst the rest of the world carry on regardless.

I would also suggest, that since the demise of coal-burning industry and the pollution from factories, smokeless fuel and car emissions, a massive amount has already been done in this country.

And that is without PROOF that the world was causing climate change in the first place.

This is one of those debates like the EU. Some agree and others don't. Just how long can the serious side of it be debated, except by re-gurgitating the same waffle.

The global warming fascists must be well kissed off that we've had the coldest winter for 20 years...But let there be just one day of hot weather and it'll be *LOOK, I TOLD YOU SO....WE"RE ALL DOOMED I TELL YOU...ALL DOOMED*

GW is a multi-billion dollar world wide industry and is unstoppable.

The global warming fascists must be well kissed off that we've had the coldest winter for 20 years...But let there be just one day of hot weather and it'll be *LOOK, I TOLD YOU SO....WE"RE ALL DOOMED I TELL YOU...ALL DOOMED*

GW is a multi-billion dollar world wide industry and is unstoppable.

Safeway

You must be of tender years if you think this was a cold winter. Granted it was a bit colder than the last few years, but did you see anyone skating outdoors? Were they driving horses and carts on the frozen Thames? Accept it, climate change IS happening and has been happening throughout the lifetime of anyone alive today.