Cure for litter?

Lucy

Apparently a village postmistress somewhere has reduced litter by 40 per cent by making customers who buy crisps, sweets, etc sign their names on the wrappers before she will sell to them. Thus, if the wrapper is then found in the street the culprit can be traced. The punishment is that the postmistress will not sell them any more sweets, etc, for a given period.

Would this work in Warrington?

I heard this on the radio last night Lucy and she sounded like a really nice lady and the area she lived in sounded idylic too. Unfortunately I doubt you would get the same positive response from the Longford baseball cap and trainers brigade as you would from a couple of local village nice boys.

Little village.... "Hey boys, pick up that litter".... "no problem missus, please don't tell mater and pater"..

Longford.... "Hey boys, pick up that litter"..... "F%$^ *^&*(&^*& $?""!(F&^%^&*()(())(*(****())^&^%545$??&* OFF

Sadly, I fear you are all right. I had my tongue in my cheek when I asked the question. It wouldn't work in Lymm, never mind Warrington.

But careful Baz. Longford? Baseball caps? Trainers? If you imply that these are the people who are responsible for litter you will down the wrath of certain fellow posters on your head!

I doubt if there are any villages left where children still use the words "mater and pater" but if they do, they are unlikely to call the postmistress "missus" :lol:

Thought we had "litter Wardens"? :? Perhaps Litter Wardens armed with shotguns, might work? :shock: See a Chav dropping litter, just blow them away - save on benefits too! :shock::wink:

Bloody excellent idea Obs.... nice to see you are coming round to real world thinking after all!! :lol:

Problem is Baz; it would probably infringe their "human rights" - thus a non-starter - so another one for the "good ideas waste bin"! :lol: Think there was a guy back in the days of Darwin, named Thomas Malthus (?); who put forward the theory, that procreation by the poor and feeble minded, merely maintains the social stock of the poor and feeble minded; thus operates contrary to the laws of natural selection and the survival of the fittest; thus all such folk should be sterilised, thus eventually eradicating poverty and saving the tax-payer a right load of money on benefits - and of course reducing over-population - seems to tick all the boxes?! :shock::wink: