WBC's latest waste of OUR money. A Pikey Service Coordinator

Bazj

Not content with hiking a Poll tax rise on us to cover their pay rises and pensions and despite the latest round of local job cuts..... Warrington Borough Council have now totally surpassed themselves by creating a new non-job called a "Traveller Service Coordinator"

This amazing position will enable the successful applicant to work closely within the pikey community to get their offspring to go to school instead of allegedly going out nicking cars and robbing shops. Personally I reckon the successful candidate would have more chance of raising the Titanic using only a rowing boat and 20ft of string...

The position pays up to ?25,000 a year for a 37 hour week and no doubt includes copious amounts of political correctness to wash it all down with. No doubt our favourite pikeys pal Cllr Earl is ecstatic about this position and may even apply for it himself!!

The full text of the advert states:

"CHILDRENS SERVICES DIRECTORATE

TRAVELLER SERVICE COORDINATOR CHI/122/08

Weekly Hours: 37

Closing Date: 3/4/2009

Salary ?24331 - ?25940 (subject to job evaluation)

Provisional Interview Date: 21/4/2009

Scale

SO1

Summary

Working within the Pupil Support team, the team provides support and guidance for people who are working to promote the inclusion of children in Warrington. You?ll primarily be establishing and developing the Traveller Education Service in Warrington, where you?ll be expected to work closely with colleagues, ensuring awareness of the Traveller community culture is raised.

Supplementary Information

Monitoring the educational needs of Traveller children, we?ll look to you to offer support and guidance to schools, and will have specific responsibility for the supervision of the in-school support workers for Traveller children. As such an understanding of educational processes would be an advantage and you will need to give evidence that you can work flexibly within a team.

Should further information be needed please contact Sue Fullerton, Pupil Support Manager on 01925 443174 or email: sfullerton@warrington.gov.uk"

The advert can be read here....

http://www.warrington.gov.uk/Jobsandcareers/Jobs/council_vacancies/vacancy_details.asp?ID=3171&type=1

Disgraceful and a total waste of money..... roll on the next local elections because I am seriously thinking of standing against one of these chancers who try to blag us that they are serving the local community!!

I saw the job advertised in the WG and must admit I was suprised that they need a dedicated person let alone one who will be paid that amount.

Surely someone else can coordinate it as there can't be that many traveller kids needing support so I can't imagin it needs to be a full time job... or are we expecting a lot more in the area :wink::shock:

How many schools take traveller kids.... I know Stockotn Heath Primary does but do any others ?

These kiddies (as nice as some of them are) do not tend to progress to senior school (after the age of 11. And even before this age if they wont/ don't go to school the welfare/WBC education bods arrange for private tuition in their caravans at our expense :evil:

Not saying the kids don't deserve a chance in life cos it's not their fault but there is no need for some WBC office bod to be paid ?24k to sort a few kids out !!!!!