The greatest sporting achievement of all time!

Gary

Well I think all Liverpool fans should post their favourite pictures from the event here - This collection are some of my highlights.

Steven Gerrard - how could he possibly leave now?

-

[ 26.05.2005, 12:01: Message edited by: Gary ]

The greatest sporting achievement of all time? What a load of garbage, what a very narrow channel some of you numpties swim in. I suppose the next greatest will be your favourites finishing fourth in the league after being fifth at Christmas.

From the top of my head the greatest that comes to mind is Jim Laker 1956. I will be back with more.

This thread wins the trophy for the biggest load of tripe posted so far.

theinsider,why do you assume that anyone who tries to bring a touch or realism about Liverpool's achievement is a Manc. Your mind must be of the narrowest variety. The whole sport of Football reeks of greed, obsession and fantasism and I have not touched on the players yet.

When a sport (an I use the word loosely) is decided on my ?s are greater than your ?s then it ceases to be a sport.

To bring this topic back into perspective it is now alleged that Stevie G (pass the sick bag) will be paid ?7,800,000pa to prevent him absconding to more a financially better environment. If he goes Carragher will have a problem, no one will understand him in the dressing room.

There is a fervent support from the fans of Liverpool but the most fervent is from "fans " who have never watched a game. That I might add is not unknown at the other end of the A580.

Football stinks FULL STOP, Greatest Sporting Achievement, your havin' a laff.

[ 29.05.2005, 23:16: Message edited by: Eagle ]

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Eagle:

theinsider,why do you assume that anyone who tries to bring a touch or realism about Liverpool's achievement is a Manc. Your mind must be of the narrowest variety. The whole sport of Football reeks of greed, obsession and fantasism and I have not touched on the players yet.

When a sport (an I use the word loosely) is decided on my ?s are greater than your ?s then it ceases to be a sport.

To bring this topic back into perspective it is now alleged that Stevie G (pass the sick bag) will be paid ?7,800,000pa to prevent him absconding to more a financially better environment. If he goes Carragher will have a problem, no one will understand him in the dressing room.

There is a fervent support from the fans of Liverpool but the most fervent is from "fans " who have never watched a game. That I might add is not unknown at the other end of the A580.

Football stinks FULL STOP, Greatest Sporting Achievement, your havin' a laff.

OK lets see what you class as the greatest sporting achievement of all time - from your comments I presume you must be a "barmy army" cricket fan who likes watching paint dry.

A bit of a full tosser may be! :wink::P

Let us scousers enjoy our moment as we've not had much to cheer until now!

• 1 year later...