NI(northern Ireland) troubles again??

I'm a new member of warrington-worldwide...i have lived in Northern ireland for 17 years. i have lived i some of the worst places, with sectarianism at an all time high. as a child i was brought up to hate the British Government, and their rule in Ireland.

i was taught that after the Good friday Agreement, the troubles would end, but with the paramilitaries stil in great force, the troubles will never end.

as i grew up and learnt more and more about the troubles in northern ireland, i have been led to believe that both sides of the community, both Catholic and Protestant, are against these acts of war.

i myself would like to see a united ireland, but i am not sure that i would like it done by means of war. but i can not preach this stuff, to message boards, as i know that if the troubles were to kick off again (and they will by the end of 2009), i would be in full support of these groups.

today i have heard that there has been a bomb scare on the Waterside of the city, there has been numerous in Belfast today, and there has been 4 in the last 2 weeks in Omagh.

If i was asked by anybody,

'Are the troubles going to get off again?'

my answer would be,

'Yes, and there's nothing we can do about it'.

i have just heard that there was a controlled explosion, in Irish Street, Waterside about half an hour ago.

if there any more news on the start up of the troubles, i would like to be posted because even though it may lead to mass murder, and heavy political arguments, it is stil amazing to watch and work out, to see how well structured it actually is.

So what your saying is that your happy to have innocent people murdered by socalled freedom fighters?? wonder if you would say that if your mum had been a victim in Omagh??

but then again you sound as if you would be one of those who would sign up to do the very same to your people... hide a bomb and blow your OWN people up!!but make sure your not around and fight face to face because lets face it the socalled freedom fighters are cowards and only have the public behind them because you tell them you will come do them in if they dont support you..

For goodness sake wake up the people of Ireland do not want to live in a place where they cant go out for being scared of being blownup by their own people..

If you want a united Ireland then do it by Political means not by killing innocent people,you wont achieve nothing that way,it didnt work before and it wont work this time...

I was in Belfast 3 weeks ago visiting wifes relatives and all that and we did the rounds to all the touristy bits including the new Titanic quarter.

It is a totally different city to what it was when I first went over there 15 years or more ago and the people are still as friendly as ever. Unfortunately you are always going to get these republican hardliners who feel let down by what Adams and the other murderer McGuiness have done in taking the 30 pieces of silver and siding with the British. The trouble is, these nutters still have their weapons as the Real and Continuity IRA never signed up to the whole peace thing.

There will be more bloodshed because the murderers will always take the cowards way and kill by ambushing their victims and bombing kids and innocents to make their point and to scare their own. The vast vast majority of folk in Northern Ireland don't want these idiots to wreck their lives anymore and this time they will be found and convicted. The new cells will undoubtably be made up of old die hard members and new young and unemployed youths that they can brainwash with their nonsense

Qhite true Baz the people of NI are wonderfull friendly people even in the troubles times they were friendly towards us and we got a lot of info from them without even asking.

They dont want this crap again but some nutters will try to start it up again.

Lets jus thope the people find out who they are and shop them quick.

I see a Copper has now been murdered as well now..i can think if what goes through these peoples minds.. they wont win not ever..

I'm a new member of warrington-worldwide...i have lived in Northern ireland for 17 years. i have lived i some of the worst places, with sectarianism at an all time high. as a child i was brought up to hate the British Government, and their rule in Ireland.

i was taught that after the Good friday Agreement, the troubles would end, but with the paramilitaries stil in great force, the troubles will never end.

as i grew up and learnt more and more about the troubles in northern ireland, i have been led to believe that both sides of the community, both Catholic and Protestant, are against these acts of war.

i myself would like to see a united ireland, but i am not sure that i would like it done by means of war. but i can not preach this stuff, to message boards, as i know that if the troubles were to kick off again (and they will by the end of 2009), i would be in full support of these groups.

today i have heard that there has been a bomb scare on the Waterside of the city, there has been numerous in Belfast today, and there has been 4 in the last 2 weeks in Omagh.

If i was asked by anybody,

'Are the troubles going to get off again?'

my answer would be,

'Yes, and there's nothing we can do about it'.

i have just heard that there was a controlled explosion, in Irish Street, Waterside about half an hour ago.

if there any more news on the start up of the troubles, i would like to be posted because even though it may lead to mass murder, and heavy political arguments, it is stil amazing to watch and work out, to see how well structured it actually is.

AS a patron of the peace centre in Warrington I really think you need to look at your last statement and not glorify this terrible state of affairs as innocent people end up being the victims.

Come to Warrington and see the good work carried out at the peace centre and I am sure you will chnage your views.

This will not kick off again, providing: (as the Chief Constable seems to be doing); that the matter is dealt with as a "criminal" investigation by the police and is not allowed to escalate into the use of the military, which is unfortunately a blunt instrument for a sensitive operation. :shock: However, successfull police operations require the co-operation of the community, especially the Nationalists. :cry:

The same "surgical" approach should have been taken after 9/11, and the so-called "war on terror", as I suggested at the time. :roll: Instead, Bush invaded a Country with no Islamic terrorism problem, thus prompting an insugency; then went on to commit troops to Afghanistan, thus alienating Muslim sympathies throughout the Middle East, and ensuring that we have a sustainable problem. :shock: Just hope Obama can close Pandora's box. :cry:

i would like to state that i am not condoning any action of any paramilitary groups, i am just acknowledging that the way these attacks are carried out take a long line of preparation and knowledge.

being born in to the troubles, i know first hand of what it was like and pray to god that it will not occur again. but, as i said this is out of the publics hands.

these paramilitary groups are fighting for freedom and they will never stop, that is one thing that everyone has to get their head around. as the dissident republicians have taken responsibility for the killings and bomb scares, i am just waiting to see what the other side of the community is going to do.

unless you are from ireland, and were here during the troubles, you don't understand what exactly life is like. the PSNI, and other related organisations, take advantage of situations like this, and make themselves out to be the good guys. when in actual fact they are just as bad as the paramilitary groups. i know a lot of people from the catholic community, who have been arrested, battered and bruised so because of what they believe, and i am not talking about certain groups, i am talking about people in the community who have these views and believe that ireland should be a 32 county sovereignty. i myself believe that ireland should become a united country, but i am not going to act on this.

i am in no way sectarian and take a lot of offence in being told that i am. i have friends and family who are catholic, protestant, english, irish, french and american. and i don't think that they believe that i am personally sectarian. i am just expressing that the troubles that began in the late 60's and early 70's is still in action, and will be until a sovereignty has been reached.

The Troubles Are Back, and the views of the public are not going to be taken into consideration, i am now going to wait and see how much anguish, and blood will be shed until the leaders in stormont and parliament come to an agreement, and the Good Friday Agreement and related Peace Processes are not on the books this time round.

i also would like to state that traitors such as mcguinness and adams, are not going to be followed as much as people will start to realise that they are hypocrits. shouting and protesting that they are looking for a united ireland and then suddenly come to an agreement with the people that they have been fighting against for over one hundred years. don't take your political and self-centred views out on me, i am not the person that is control of the acts of terrorism, it is the politicians who have the control. (i am sorry for swearing on this message board) but i believe as well as people from both sides of the community that these politicians, need to get their finger out of their *hole* and fix the mistakes that they made during the good friday agreement. and give the irish people what they are looking for and that is a 32 county unite.

don't take your political and self-centred views out on me

I think you were looking in the mirror when you typed that bit.

The current "troubles" as you call them will end after the 'elimination' of these few misguided gobbins by those that once were of the same mind but have now moved on.

One confusing point, you have been in Ireland for 17 years yet were brought up in the troubles. :?

omalurch17, you say that the Irish people are looking for a united Ireland but this is not true. Some Irish people are looking for a united Ireland, and some want NI to remain part of the UK. That is the problem, and it's not one that will be solved by killing innocent people (and when I say innocent people I include the armed forces and the police). On the whole I would say that the vast majority of people in Ireland just want peace, and if that means having the island divided up as it is now, then so be it. I speak as an Irish national in case you're wondering. 8)8)

i say that irish people do want a united ireland, i did not specify what amount of the population would like it. EAGLE as i z i am not sectarian i am just expressing the views that i have been taught.

if it was upto me, i wouldn't have the terrorism and acts of war, but its not get that through your thick head! this is a message board, a place for people to express their views, not to start arguments, because seriously you don't know who i am nd what i stand for...

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM OBSCENITIES

I suspect that Omalurch's views are very likely representative of the nationalist / catholic population of N Ireland, unfortunately.

He says he wants peace (which I don't doubt!) but also wants a united Ireland & if it takes a "war" to achieve this then whilst he is not totally comfortable with this, he "would be in full support of these groups" carrying out the war.

I guess it's down to when a tribal conflict kicks off, the people revert to tribalism; initially for security but when it escalates, then out of sympathy with the more extreme members of the group. For example Omarlurch calls for a united Ireland but also condemns mcguinness and adams as traitors instead of supporting them as helping the peace process.

The entire nationalist / catholic population of N Ireland need to decide what is more important, peace or unity; to me they're clearly unsure.

The entire nationalist population of N Ireland need to decide what is more important, peace or unity; to me they're clearly unsure.

Indeed, and of course could there ever really be unity with a single Irish state given the majority population in the North are Unionists. The pragmatic solution is peace and close links with Eire, but stopping short of a single state.

From the Times:

Thousands of people were today taking part in silent vigils across Northern Ireland to express their revulsion at the murders of a policeman and two soldiers.

Anger at the killings by dissident republicans have united people from across Northern Ireland's traditional divides, Catholic and Protestant, and republican and unionist.

The Pope also denounced the attacks by dissident republicans. "I condemn in the strongest terms these abominable acts of terrorism which, apart from desecrating human life, seriously endanger the ongoing peace process in Northern Ireland, and risk destroying the great hopes generated by this process in the region and throughout the world," said Benedict XVI during an address to pilgrims in St Peter?s Square in Vatican City today.

Many of those who massed in the less exotic surroundings of Belfast City Hall, spilling across the street, were young people who had never known the Troubles.

"This is my first experience of murder and violence. I just thought it was history," admitted a teenage boy. "It is quite a shock, so sad."

Others had lived through the days of violence before, and devoutly wished that they were not about to return.

"I came down simply to support the peace process," said an elderly man. "I have grandchildren and I would like to think that they could live through the rest of their lives in a peaceful country. They really don't understand what went on, and I would like to think they never will understand."

PS With regards to the use of the word "paramilitary" in the context of the last few days, it is rubbish, it is used by those who try to justify the actions of cold blooded murderers and give them legitimacy that doesn't exist.

The Irish people are a great people, to whom I have a great fondness, and they deserve better than the actions of the last few days.