Bonkers Biker.

Still annoys me that he gets more of a sentence for speeding than some one would get for burglary or assault; especially considering that all he did was speed and not cause a multiple pile up or hurt anyone.

Yes what he did was wrong but I can't heklp feeling that because he was a motorist he gets more punishment than if he was a robbing chav

Sorry Obs, you are in a minority on this one....he was stupid, it was dangerous to him and his son ONLY but a far lesser crime than some of the Community Service gobbins who commit assault, burglary, mugging, dealing etc.

Don't know the full story or where they were doing it. Guess it must have been somewhere remote if it posed no danger to anyone else apart from the dad and his son :?

My son is a similar age to his and if my other half had done a third of that speed with him on the back of the bike I'd have killed my other half myself :evil:

What an idiot !!!!!!!

Yes he was an idiot. Yes what he did was illegal. Yes he didn't cause an accident despite all and sundry barking on about what might have happened.

As I said, I am more annoyed that he gets a longer sentence than a robber or a mugger

That is my point!

Of course had he have been on certain autobahns in Germany, it would have been quite legal I think....ditto the Isle of Man...although there was talk of them imposing a speed limit outside of the built up areas.

Have to say such speeds on a motorbike on public roads is crazy...especially UK potholed ones....and with a child on the back!

Not sure a prison sentence serves any great purpose in this instance, a substantial fine and a ten year ban might have been better.

Well quite possibly Obs.... however when you read on the front page of the paper today that persistant burglars are to be "let off" if they have a drug problem; it really makes me wonder why we all bother trying to be law abiding citizens.

The Police force in this country should open their collective mouths a little more and demand that the people they catch are actually punished rather than tapped on the wrist (It isn't even worthy of being called a slap anymore!)

The judges should be told to hand out better and more punative sentaences and the politicians are ultimately to blame from the bottom to the top. No one will say anything in fear of affecting their potential careers and those that do say anything are ignored and quickly removed.

When we jail someone for speeding (and give him a big fine too) and let of people for violent crimes and robbery; then the country really has gone to pot

The problem is: that our "liberal" elite believe these demics have had a bad childhood, and were probably beaten rather than told to sit on the naughty step and given a good talking to: this continues with their adult antics, with a short spell in prison to confirm and sustain their status, or worse, a community service oder. :shock: Don't look for solace in a Tory Gov, cos to imprison these chavs for respectable periods would cost too much; and to give them "hard time" would probably contravene their "human rights" ! :roll::twisted:

Bazz. I agree wholeheartedly with your views on this one.

I reckon that people whose passion is high-powered bikes or cars will at some point give them a quick razz. I?ll admit that I?ve done this myself in the past and if the truth were known probably so have many others but it doesn?t make you a bad or evil person.

Ok it?s risking your licence if you get spotted doing it but from a safety point of view, with modern machines and a good road it?s a long way from being reckless. In comparison to what we constantly see on telly where truly reckless drivers are chased by half the police force (including helicopters) then getting what amounts to a slap on the hand, this sentence is in my opinion seems disproportionate. For all we know, this might just have been a one off event where the dad wants to share with his son the performance of his bike but to end up in jail for such a thing seems wrong.

Question is, if this sentence as many say is down to exposing a young person to risk, then what about the cyclist who puts babies in a flimsy canvas covered trolley then pulls them along mixing it with heavy traffic? Is this not exposing a child to risk? :roll: The little orange flag they attach isn?t going to offer much in the way of protection if hit by a lorry!

Bill :)

Bazz. I agree wholeheartedly with your views on this one.

I reckon that people whose passion is high-powered bikes or cars will at some point give them a quick razz. I?ll admit that I?ve done this myself in the past and if the truth were known probably so have many others but it doesn?t make you a bad or evil person.

Ok it?s risking your licence if you get spotted doing it but from a safety point of view, with modern machines and a good road it?s a long way from being reckless. In comparison to what we constantly see on telly where truly reckless drivers are chased by half the police force (including helicopters) then getting what amounts to a slap on the hand, this sentence is in my opinion seems disproportionate. For all we know, this might just have been a one off event where the dad wants to share with his son the performance of his bike but to end up in jail for such a thing seems wrong.

Bill :)

The words "calculated risk spring to mind.

LOL, how many posters are so pure and angelic that they have not done something daft? Doesn't mean that we are stupid, just a little daring.