Wolves hit rock bottom

Gary

It just goes from bad to worse - third straight defeat and if it carrie son like this I really do wonder where the next win will come from.

Three games, three defeats and bottom of the league.

:cry:

If you thought last weeks defeat by Catalans was bad the one at wakefield was even worse. 24-0 down in as many minutes and a real hiding at 48-22 - simply not good enough!

May I correct you Garry ? It isn't the third straight defeat but the seventh. The last game the Wire won it was considerably warmer than it is now...last August in fact. The club has lost support by the bus load and if it isn't corrected soon the Wire will have at least two local derbies back..Leigh and Widnes..always assuming they haven't switched places with us in Superleague. Strangely enough I couldn't fault the effort the players were putting in last night, they played with plenty of energy but unfortunately it was much the same energy as headless chickens, they were simply supremely incompetent. Hardly anything they attempted with the ball in hand paid off. The defence as usual was woeful and you just know when the opposition gets to within 20 metres of the line a try is coming up. I don't go for the argument that the Wire are underachieving considering the quality of the playing register for there are some real donkeys amongst that lot. I think we've a hard core of a half dozen quality players the rest are just run of the mill journeymen who wouldn't get a sniff in the top 6 clubs. There are some hard decisions to make soon but I'm not confident there is anybody at the club to make them.

I think Ellery Hanley would make an excellent overseer of all things football wise at the club but not sure about full-time coach. He would have no problem in ridding the club of the nefarious night time social habits it seems some of the playing staff indulge in but would he be able to convey what he wants of them on the pitch ? I got some bad news about a name which has been put forward recently as a replacement for Jimmy Lowes namely Tony Smith. The word was that the person giving me the info is that he's never heard a single current England international say a good word about him. I know the info is kosher because the person telling me(who I see on a regular basis) is a full time employee of a local Superleague club. Perhaps the club need to look further afield.

Not really keen on Tony Smith,he comes across as shifty with his eyes darting everywhere away from the interviewer.

With regard to the team recruitment policy are these so called superstars bought on the back of viewed video clips of there performance...there certainly seems to be no proper in depth scouting procedure these days to determine a good signing.

Now i take my hat off to John Kear as a coach ,he may not be a silverware winner but he knows how to get the best from his limited resources & produces some fine prospects along the way regarding his players.

Not sure a new manager is the answer. The players are simply weak on defence and have been for years - literally pushovers at Wakefield.

A bit of pace at half back is called for as well as more enthusiasm. Wakefield hounded Riley - Warrington don,t seem to follow up kicks to anything like the same effect.

Perhaps the real answer is that our players are nothing like as good as we think they are.

Happy days

Now i take my hat off to John Kear as a coach ,he may not be a silverware winner but he knows how to get the best from his limited resources & produces some fine prospects along the way regarding his players.

I think you will find he has won more silverware than any Warrington Coach for a long time.

He even managed to win the Challenge Cup with underdogs Sheffield Eagles, achieved the same with Hull and tool them to a grand final - and was sacked for under achieving! :shock:

It could be just me but I don't feel the same loyalty to the club that I had when we were at Wilderspool. I'm at the stage now when I just couldn't care less. Up until last season there were three of us attending every week in the North Stand with season tickets. None of us have purchased season tickets for this season. I think the last straw was when we old farts were banned from bringing our thermos flasks for the half time drink and discussion about the game. The game has lost much of what was attractive about it. You used to be able to drop on the players in various places and they would gladly have a chat with you. There used to be humour in the game and the players would have a bit of a banter with the fans on the touchline during a lull in the game. All that has now gone and I can't remember the last time I saw a smile on a players face appearing to enjoy what he was doing. The HJ stadium is a soul-less Mecanno set of a place what with the awful team we have and some geezer barking out orders over the tannoy every two minutes like some kind of Big Brother, it's one of the last places on earth I would enjoy being at at this moment.

The players don't smile when playing cos they (well most of them)don't give a damn about the game or team or result.But soon as the game is over it's over to the opposition and time to share jokes and virtually roll over laughing at them,Kings post match exhibition with Adam Mogg 2 weeks ago says it all :roll:

Just been to the weekly press conference - make sure you tune in tomorrow!

Is this just a blatant bit of advertising for your interview or will we learn something that will bring a smile back on our faces PC back in the fold or taxi for Lowes :wink:

Latchy - you should know by now that you always learn something from my interviews! :roll::wink:

and me blantantly advertise something ... now would I do that... :oops:

Strangely quiet on here since Tony Smith arrived and all Wire fans became hopeful again about the future.

Is it that only doom and gloom merchants post on here and any"green shoots of recovery"are a call for instant hibernation :?

Big improvemewnt - but many wire fans not there to see it - Leeds must have brought over 2,000 which means there were only around 7,000 Warrington fans in the ground.

Lots still staying away despite the new coach but I am sure they will be back after a win or two.

It was the first live game I have been to for a while and was quite entertaining although very cold!

Good stuff this summer rugby!!!

[

Big improvemewnt - but many wire fans not there to see it - Leeds must have brought over 2,000 which means there were only around 7,000 Warrington fans in the ground.

I wonder how many would have been there had Smith not been our new coach and with the resulting feelgood factor?

To many "fair weather fans" just waiting for us to start winning silver :?:

[

I wonder how many would have been there had Smith not been our new coach and with the resulting feelgood factor?

To many "fair weather fans" just waiting for us to start winning silver :?:

Just returned from my first one-to-one with Tony Smith and also interviewed Michael Monaghan.

Stay tuned!