Tyred?

observer

This has been in force here for the last two winters!! if you dont its a fine of 40 euros and your insurance can refuse to pay for any damage caused because of not having tyres fitted to suit the roads conditions...so now everyone has winter tyres fitted the only exception is that Trucks do not need to fit Winter tyres... very logical isnt it..

Steve

It would reduce the traffic. The blonde drivers would still be in the garage reading the instructions. :P

Is that blond males, females or BOTH :lol::lol:

Had a scare last time I had a flat tyre. My other half was determined that he was going to change it rather than the neighbours seeing me doing it. Male pride and all that !! :wink:

But being a 'Hyacinth' type person wandered out to watch... :lol: good job I did as was just in time to stop him jacking my car up using part of my sill which apparently 'felt' like a jacking point :shock::shock:

Men :lol::P

The first thing I ever learned after passing my test was how to change a wheel.... thought my dad was being mean at the time :D

How are we expected to know when our winter time ends or our summer time begins and vice versa ... or would suitable tyre types and changes be expected on a daily basis :shock::lol:

The change of tyres is expected to be form October to April

and the way the Germans are it wouldnt surprised me if they did expect you to change your tyres on a daily basis...depending on the weather..

Steve

Call me stupid here Obs ... but wouldn't you just keep your tyres for the next seasonal tyre change :?

Suppose if you could afford two sets of actual wheels then you could just swap the whole lot over yourself for free... unless of course you are a boy racer with trendy expensive alloys :lol::wink:

Now heres a thought.... sort of related :?

Many tyres have to be put on a wheel in a certain direction becasue of their tread pattern.

So.... what happens if you have a puncture in a left hand tyre but your spare wheel and it's tyre have the opposite tread direction... would you know or would you care :shock:

Same could go for people replacing their own full set of wheels at winter/summer time. Maybe it could be even more dangerous than leaving the original tyres on after all :wink::lol:

If you have directional tyres fitted and you have to use your spare as a replacement and it would be going in the wrong direction, you are recommended to treat the spare as temporary, drive at a reduced speed and have the proper wheel repaired and replaced ASAP. This being the case then it may be better to have an omnidirectional tyre fitted to your spare. Information from Dunlop. :wink::wink:

On reflection, this seems to be a stupid and uneccessary rule, invented by a Brussels beaurocrat when he wasn't fiddling his expenses. :shock: Given that folk drive round with defective lights, no licence or insurance, mobile phone in hand - without as much as a glance from a copper - I think on balance we can ignore this one! :wink:

bring back the reliant robin. one less wheel to worry about :twisted:

what happened to the idea of rotating the tyres on a car to prevent uneven wear. if you have uni directional tyres then that defeats the purpose.(wonder how many people actually did/do rotate the tyres.)

the best solution would be for everybody to have two cars with a set of winter tyres on one and summer tyres on the other. just think of the tax revenue that would rake in.

:twisted: