Strange?

observer

My mother in law who was ninety on Sunday is extremely poorly in hospital. She?s refusing food and drink for some reason and seems to be going steadily downhill but the staff tells us that they?re not allowed to artificially or force feed anyone who?s refusing to eat.

Bill :)

I watched a programme a few weeks ago about a child who had never eaten,7 or 8yr old.She had been kept alive by a peg feed in her tum.She was taken abroard to a clinic,where all tests were carried out to rule out any medical reason she wouldn't/couldn't eat.It turned out it was psychological,so the peg feed was removed and as long as she took fluids any further weight loss was ok.She did lose quite a bit more weight before she returned back to England.I don't know how she's progressing now but she had got to the stage of licking fruit and crisps and chips etc.So it is quite easy for a child to starve themselves,and this one was under a medical team

My mother in law who was ninety on Sunday is extremely poorly in hospital. She?s refusing food and drink for some reason and seems to be going steadily downhill but the staff tells us that they?re not allowed to artificially or force feed anyone who?s refusing to eat.

Bill :)

Perhaps she feels she has had enough.