FC Halifax Town

Pieman

This Saturday the leagues big boys and league leaders, former league outfit Halifax Town visit Cantilever Park for their first ever visit to Warrington. The visitors are known to travel in very good number, so a cracking atmosphere is promised on the day, and with Wolves playing on Friday night at St Helens, lets try and really get a large number of Warringtonians down to cheer on the boys.

Come on you Yellows 8)

Hi guys.

Firstly we are FC Halifax Town not AFC !!! Small technicality, I know!

Was really looking forward to the game on Saturday & as has been said, we've been taking a good following away from home, usually somewhere 350 - 500, and a few clubs have reported having sold out of pies well before half time, and being drunk out of beer!!!!

Anyway, anybody know the current state of your pitch? It was very cold in Hx last night & the ground is still rock hard.

I'm rather doubtful tbh.

Sorry bout that Shay, must have been thinking about AFC wimbledon and alike. Can't see it being on, personally, but am looking forward to the game nonetheless. It'll probably get re-arranged for a Tuesday if it is cancelled, and you don't want that nightmare journey in midweek, like we had when we came to you, great piece of scheduling from the UniBond hierarchy

Hi guys.

Firstly we are FC Halifax Town not AFC !!! Small technicality, I know!

Was really looking forward to the game on Saturday & as has been said, we've been taking a good following away from home, usually somewhere 350 - 500, and a few clubs have reported having sold out of pies well before half time, and being drunk out of beer!!!!

Anyway, anybody know the current state of your pitch? It was very cold in Hx last night & the ground is still rock hard.

I'm rather doubtful tbh.

I will personally check the pitch tomorrow and if I can get my key in the ground under the main stand and it doesn't freeze on Friday night it should be on.

Not had that much frost here this week and currently been trying to snow so can't be freezing outside!

If we can get a 6oC temp tomorrow during the afternoon and no frost, fingers crossed, it will be on as we have had the programmes printed now! :shock:

I have also edited pieman's little error regarding the A and FC!

Most excellent, Gary, cheers.

And Andy, you may want someone to reserve you a beer and a pie too. :wink:

The bar maid and the pie maker have been warned above your visit so hopefully the beer won't run out, you can be well fed and we can live off the most welcome additional income for the rest of the season.

Most excellent, Gary, cheers.

And Andy, you may want someone to reserve you a beer and a pie too. :wink:

The bar maid and the pie maker have been warned above your visit so hopefully the beer won't run out, you can be well fed and we can live off the most welcome additional income for the rest of the season.

Didn't you mean we can live off the most welcome additional income for the rest of the season and the three points.

how do you mean, nearly got sunburn this atfternoon :wink::lol:

anyway, never one to forget the rest of the club, 2nd's had a good 3-0 away win and if they win on tuesday will go top, still with games in hand.

don't forget the youth team, Liverpool Youth Cup (defending from last season) semi-final 11:00 KO at the park.

COME ON TEAM WARRINGTON

It was fantastic to see so many football fans in the ground - shame we couldn't attract nearly 500 every week!!

The team did seem a lot fitter - just hope they have plenty in the tank for Wakefield away -- Halifax, Wakefield - is this the right ball game! :lol:

It was fantastic to see so many football fans in the ground - shame we couldn't attract nearly 500 every week!!

The team did seem a lot fitter - just hope they have plenty in the tank for Wakefield away -- Halifax, Wakefield - is this the right ball game! :lol:

Where's all the photo's/video's you took Gary ?

Where's all the photo's/video's you took Gary ?

A couple of pics are with the match report - the film will be uploaded tomorrow!