Winwick Street NCP car park

orb

So I've been parking recently on the NCP car park that occupies the waste land that was once Foundry Street.

Arrived this morning to find all the payment machines had disappeared over the weekend as has the NCP signage. Several people wandering around trying to find somewhere to pay.

Anyone know what has happened? And am I going to get back later to find my car ticketed or clamped? How does it work if there's no way to pay or signage to indicate who owns the land?

R

Just arrived home. No ticket or clamp on the car.

I'd emailed NCP earlier and their reply was here when I got back, they no longer own the land and advise contacting the local council.

There's no signage whatsoever as far as I could see - though it was dark when I got back there - even the P sign has gone from Tanners Lane.

I hope it's going to remain open for parking, the station car park can't take any more cars.

R

So then.. what happened?

Good riddance NCP - There was a documentary on DAVE the other night about the owner of NCP carparks and his multi-million pound yacht. Nice to know the extortionate parking fees are going to something worthwhile!

Bloody disgusting! :evil:

I believe the yacht was bought with the proceeds when the bloke who started NCP on bomb sites sold the company for millions. :wink::wink:

So then.. what happened?

Good riddance NCP - There was a documentary on DAVE the other night about the owner of NCP carparks and his multi-million pound yacht. Nice to know the extortionate parking fees are going to something worthwhile!

Bloody disgusting! :evil:

I believe the yacht was bought with the proceeds when the bloke who started NCP on bomb sites sold the company for millions. :wink::wink:

It was two blokes, and they shared ?580 million when the business was sold in 1998 to the US company Cedent. :wink:

I understand the owner of the yacht, Sir Donald Gosling, rents it out for over ?100,000 a week.

PS It's no ordinary yacht, it is a 70 metre long one called Leander and one of the finest in the world, I understand. Yachts seem to have become phallic symbols. :wink::D

Just arrived home. No ticket or clamp on the car.

I'd emailed NCP earlier and their reply was here when I got back, they no longer own the land and advise contacting the local council.

There's no signage whatsoever as far as I could see - though it was dark when I got back there - even the P sign has gone from Tanners Lane.

I hope it's going to remain open for parking, the station car park can't take any more cars.

R

As far as the council are concerned the land is still with NCP.

When I got back there tonight there were new signs up for APCOA. Same price (?2.60) for a day. No machines yet but signs for the machines are there.

Looking at the APCOA website, it looks like they manage car parks for other people. There's a link on their website 'Easy way to pay your penalty notice' which links through to the WBC website. A coincidence perhaps.

I guess the free parking will end shortly. Was nice while it lasted.

R

i managed to get a parking ticket outside my own house.

the residential parking scheme wardens came round and placed a ticket on my car, despite the fact that i had a valid parking permit on display. to add insult to injury they placed the ticket directly above the parking permit.

i have taken pictures and sent them off to find out if i have to pay the fine. just hope i receive a reply before the twenty eight day period is up. :(:oops::wink:

i managed to get a parking ticket outside my own house.

the residential parking scheme wardens came round and placed a ticket on my car, despite the fact that i had a valid parking permit on display. to add insult to injury they placed the ticket directly above the parking permit.

i have taken pictures and sent them off to find out if i have to pay the fine. just hope i receive a reply before the twenty eight day period is up. :(:oops::wink:

And they wonder why these people get assaulted..... :twisted:

Apcoa are a very successful nationwide company who do work for a lot of councils and have increased the revenue from parking / parking offences for most if not all of them.

I also got a ticket outside my own home as the council in their wisdom had changed the parking regs without notifying the residents ( I hadnt had a car for 2 years so I never took notice of the new signage )

Btw hello everyone not posted on here for ages but read a lot of posts today...glad to see things here dont change at least :)