snowfall in Warrington

Gary

I was at a school in Irlam yesterday and it snowed for 10 minutes with flakes as big as 2 pound coins! I was really chuffed; got into my car looking forward to driving home in it..... and it stopped!

This place is awful..... no snow in winter and no sun in the summer..... I think we live in Blandville!

well just got back from walking the dog and had to spend ten minutes thawing snowballs off his feet. only problem with a long haired dog.

still the odd flake falling and from the look of the sky a bit more yet to come.

local residents liked it though. half a dozen Asian people who live in our street were out on the field with mugs of coffee taking pictures of it all. they looked fascinated. not quite sure if they were amazed at the sight, having never seen snow, or just taking picture to show the relatives at home that it does occasionally snow in Britain.

oh well time to get on the outside of a mug of hot coffee. :D8)

I phoned him and asked him for written instructions ordering me to undertake a journey worse than the one which he was not prepared to make himself.

He went into his highly amusing "flapping and running round in circles whilst simultaneously covering his own a**e" mode - and eventually said that he'd get back to me.

I'd happily go, and since the customer has made it into work with no trouble I'm sure I'd make it, it's just that middle-manager baiting is something of a hobby of mine and this was too good an opportunity to pass up.

I phoned him and asked him for written instructions ordering me to undertake a journey worse than the one which he was not prepared to make himself.

He went into his highly amusing "flapping and running round in circles whilst simultaneously covering his own a**e" mode - and eventually said that he'd get back to me.

I'd happily go, and since the customer has made it into work with no trouble I'm sure I'd make it, it's just that middle-manager baiting is something of a hobby of mine and this was too good an opportunity to pass up.

I honestly think that if an employee of mine had questioned such a request, he would have got the instructions stapled to a P45!

That's why middle managers are so easy to wind up, they either don't have the authority to sack anyone or are too afraid of a wrongful dismisal suit landing on their bosses desk to act.

Anyway, having heard him state that the road conditions were too dangerous for him to make a trip across the Pennines, what's wrong with asking him to give me instructions in writing when he's asking me to risk something he's not willing to?

Bit of snow and we'll all flake! :roll:Schools closed, roads closed etc yet another case for folk living near to their place of work. :wink:

We took our kids out onto the school field to play in the snow. We don't get it very often in Warrington and felt we had to make the most of it - it would be gone by home time!

We had a snowball fight, made snow angels and built snowmen - it was great! Well, I enjoyed myself anyway (even if I was the main target for their snowballs)! :D