Can't cook, won't cook

Egbert

It is reported on the radio today that one firm that is doing well despite the economic gloom is Domino's Pizza. Apparently, this is because more people are eating at home to save money.

Are people not aware that for every ?1 they save eating pizza at home they could save ?2 by buying fresh food and cooking it themselves?

It would also provide a more healthy, balanced diet.

Lazy women again!

Dominos Pizza...

For a special treat a while ago we ordered two large pizzas for delivery and it cost us just under ?20 :shock: Quite expensive I thought but it was my idea :?

They have free delivery you know... it says so on their leaflets... but check out the prices if you actually go in the shop to get one rather than phoning for delivery, you may be suprised :wink:

Dominos tend to have lots of special offers on which are available to take-away customers but not on delivery. I think their tills are programmed with all the offers centrally and always give you the best price for what you've ordered, sometimes it even comes as a surprise to the staff what the till has taken off. I find that I never end up paying anything like the menu price when I go in and collect it myself.

Why not bake your own pizzas? The take away pizzas in this country lack the most vital ingredient of all and that's oregano which gives it it's authentic taste...The same with subs. I'll give you my recipe...French stick...around 4 different cold cuts of meats from the supermarket deli...smoked cheese if you desire. Place the meats on the stick and cover with a generous amount of mixed salad...add oil and vinegar PLUS OREGANO(vital). Shrinkwrap and leave in the fridge overnight to allow the flavours to intermingle and the following day you'll have an authentic sub. Subway subs pale into insignificance after you've munched one to my recipe. It's the way small American businesses run by Italians make them. The only difference to mine are that they use soft doughy bread rolls which can't be obtained over here but overnight in the fridge the French stick takes on more or less the same consistency.

Traditionalist? Very delicately put Mary. But, no I am a male chauvinist. :lol:

I blame women because cooking is, generally speaking, a woman's job. Although there are exceptions, they are usually better at it than men so it makes sense for them to do it.

Women have gone to work for many years and some can combine it with running the home. But in the main I regard it as a huge social experient that went sadly wrong.

Not through any failing on the part of women, though.

I'm far better at working than cooking and always have been :oops:

I need more to stimulate my brain than a cooker and pans... they make me feel sleepy, worthless and inadequate for some reason :lol:

I didn't go to school for 12+ years to spend the rest of my life having sole responsibility for cooking. tidying and ironing etc ... although perhaps I should have :lol:

It should all be shared responsibility if you ask me.... although my other half definately doesn't agree :roll:

In my experience, the women who will let their husbands/partners anywhere near the kitchen, or anywhere near anything to do with housework, are the women are not very good at cooking and housework themselves.

Very often, because most men are not very good at these things either, this means they live in a state of chaos.

I too know my way around the kitchen. I know that I go around the cooker, past the fridge, past the sink and into the utility room. I know my way around there too; I go around the washer and tumble dryer until I reach the garage door. When I go through the garage door I am into blokes territory. In there is my classic car and my enormous collection of tools and other blokey things! There is also a fridge full of beer too.

I know my way around a kitchen because it leads to my part of the house! :lol:

Eagle

Of course you are not doing anything wrong. Except, perhaps, letting the side down a bit :wink:

Whether Mrs Eagle thinks you are doing anything wrong is a different matter of course!

Mrs Egbert has, over the years, convinced me that I am not up to the task when it is to do with anything domestic. I am content with that situation.

Egbert.....a lot of men are not upto the task of household duties otherwise known as 'boring household tasks'... they pretend they can't do it or don't do it properly because they know someone else will have to do it for them :wink::P

There are exceptions to the rule though.... as some men take a pride in proving to the females that they (the males) are better at everything which is why they are so important 8):wink:

Awww bless. At least you are honest Asp.

I can do you a tub of 'hotpot', 'chilli' or 'chicken chasseur' if you are desperate. They are the only things that have sussed how to do well in my slow cooker for now :oops:

When you think back to teaching methods some years back... girls were taught to cook, sow, knit and how to manage/ maintain a household. Boys were taught woodwork etc.

These days none of this is actually taught in school to a suitable level to actually be of any benefit in later life so it is no wonder that us 'youngsters' really don't know what we are doing or which gender is really responsible :lol::D

Dismayed

I am sure you are right that some men play dumb to get out of housework. But I do not fall into that category. I have tried and failed to match up to the standards demanded.

I do in fact do all sorts of little jobs about the house and then smile to myself as I see Mrs Egbert doing them again. This can vary from washing a tea cup to opening the curtains.

I have several male friends who mock me and claim to be thoroughly housetrained (as are quite a few on the forum!) but I have observed them in action and assure you that they would also fail to pass the Mrs Egbert test. Therefore I can only assume that their better halves are less demanding than mine.

And I am not jesting :roll: