Brown draws laughs for "saving the world"

Mary

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any examples that stand up to scrutiny? :?:shock:

How about help for pensioners?

They are set for a ?4 billion boost next year. Gordon has confirmed the biggest rise in the Basic State Pension since 2001 (as announced on 11th December 2008) , on top of ?900m in Christmas Bonuses and a ?575m increase in Winter Fuel Payments.

From April, the State Pension will go up by five per cent, ensuring someone on a full pension will see their weekly income go up to ?95.25.

The Tory's response from do nothing Cameron is to fight the next election by promising that he would abandon Labour?s spending plans.

Whilst GAFFE-PRONE Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg has sensationally slated key members of his own cabinet as ?useless? and ?not equipped? for top jobs? while on a packed commuter jet.

So we have a leader in Gordon taking action, David who does nothing and Nick who has no confidence in his team.

Geoff you and other apologists for Brown conveniently overlook the fact that he is the man who has been in charge of the purse strings for very nearly 12 long years now. He is the man who has impoverished the pension funds. He is the man who has kept the tax allowance down so far that it should now be in the region of ?15000. He is the man who set up the regulatory system that allowed the banks to get themselves into this mess in the first place. He is the man who has preached prudence but has spent OUR MONEY like ther's no tomorrow. He is the man who has presided over an increase in the wealth gap while pretending to be a friend of the poor and disadvantaged. To call this misguided idiot a great leader is to show how deluded and blinkered you are. :roll::roll::roll:

BUT the increase will still be taxed and the pensioners won't really be better off, as everything else has increased with NO action taken by this Gov'ment to protect the Pensioners.

Brown's biggest mistake was to rob the Pension Funds of billions, and to borrow, borrow to create the biggest debt that we will spend years paying for.

Gordon's Horse

A young man named Gordon bought a horse from an old farmer for ?100.

The farmer agreed to deliver the horse the next day, but when the farmer drove up he said, 'Sorry son, but I have some bad news... the horse is on my truck, but unfortunately he's dead.'

Gordon replied, 'Well then, just give me my money back.'

The farmer said, 'I can't do that, because I've spent it already.'

Gordon said, 'OK then, we'll just unload the horse anyway.'

The farmer asked, 'What are you going to do with him?'

Gordon answered, 'I'm going to raffle him off.' To which the farmer exclaimed, 'Surely you can't raffle off a dead horse!'

But Gordon, with a wicked smile on his face said, 'Of course I can, you watch me. I just won't bother to tell anybody that he's dead.'

A month later the farmer met up with Gordon and asked, 'What happened with that dead horse?'

Gordon said, 'I raffled him off, sold 500 tickets at two pounds a piece, and made a huge, fat profit!!'

Totally amazed, the farmer asked, 'Didn't anyone complain that you had stolen their money because you lied about the horse being dead?'

To which Gordon replied, 'The only guy who found out about the horse being dead was the raffle winner when he came to claim his prize. So I gave him his ?2 raffle ticket money back plus an extra ?200, which as you know is double the going rate for a horse, so he thought I was a great guy!!'

Gordon grew up and eventually became the Chancellor of the Exchequer, and no matter how many times he lied, or how much money he stole from the British voters, as long as he gave them back some of the stolen money, most of them, unfortunately, still thought he was a great guy.

The moral of this story is that, if you think Gordon is about to play fair and do something for the everyday people of the country for once in his miserable, lying life, think again my friend, because you'll be better off flogging a dead horse. :cry::cry:

Geoff, it wasn't so long ago, that with NuLab plumeting in the polls, "the panicking pinko sheep" were getting ready to knife him in the back (terrified of losing their cushy jobs) - the polls started to pick up as the economic situation became even more dire, mainly because folk rightly see Cameron and Clegg as an even worse option. :roll: Still, as the polls are now dropping again for Flash, we may finish up jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. :shock: Politicians are united by one basic instinct - self interest: unfortunately the voters either don't excercise or don't

have the range of choices to protect THEIR self -interest. :wink:

Are you sure that your not referring to your buddy Mick Hughes and his come uppance? If it's the choice that he was offering to the public of Warrington we all know what they thought of the direction that he wanted them to go in.

I don't agree with Asperity and believe that Gordon is a man of principles, he may not get everything right but he has a very good shot and more than often delievers what he sets out to achieve.

Obviously oblivious to reality Geoff; the demise of local Labour was due to the scorched earth actions of the previous follically challenged Leader aided and abetted by the local establishment, peeved at the results of LP internal democracy; then the back stabbing activities of the Matriarch and her cohorts panicking they might lose THEIR jobs! :roll: Thus one can empathise with Flash Gordon! :wink: As for the voters, they can change the personel, but sadly it won't change the fundementals. :roll::wink:

Obviously oblivious to reality Geoff

Yep, looks like Obs knew what you were on about Geoff.

Personally I think you are a loon who is obviously not at one with the real world and is either retired or unemployed.

No one who is working and paying lots of taxes to see them wasted by the one eyed Scottish prat would think the way you do.

Go and have a lie down in the padded room mate; I think you need it :)

On the issue of employment that is what Gordon is trying to help everyone achieve.

The recent measures are examples of him doing something about it.

Are you having a laff Geoff?

There have just been 30,000 job losses from Woolworths and countless thousands of others while Gordon is chopping 2.5% off VAT and tinkering about at the edges.

We now have loans with 27% interest from the government to the most needy of our society just to round off his Christmas good will. The man is a disaster and has been ever since he started taxing pension funds and selling all the gold off to fund his hair-brained public sector "improvements"

He should call the election and let us all decide what we want; not what he thinks we want......remember when we had Maggie Maggie Maggie Out Out Out? we now have Go Go Gordon!

'Baz J' funny argument, Gordon Brown has nothing to do with Woolworths, Ford couldn't make money with Jaguar so they off loaded to Tarta etc etc.

I used to work at Woolies over thirty years ago when it was a great store. I worked in the stores and as an auditor and my dad was the North West Regional accountant.

Woolworth's decline has nothing to do any recent occurrences it had run it's course many years ago when it was taken over by King Fisher who also owned BandQ. Woolies competitors have had the biggest impact on the company along with the lack of punters going through the door over.

Other companies are facing similar changes and people are tightening their belts, Banks are being found wanting, the Car Industry hasn't the product to sell that people want to spend their disposable income, and the wheeler dealers are being found out etc etc

People are beginning to realise that they have been spending money faster than the banks have been printing it. They are now asking the question do I want that item now or should I wait a while - WAIT is what they are doing - especially the big ticket items.

Companys are taking the opportunity to shed labour as they always have in times such as these. They will be looking to restructure and when they do the very employable ones with the skills in demand will leave first and take a wad in redundancy, there will be growing competition from the devloping countries etc- You know the rest.

Yes we are all feeling the pinch especially those who have not or could not save for a rainy day - it's happening all over the world - the poorest are going to feel the impact the most.

I belive that the bright sparks will realise the opportunities and new businesses etc will emerge. It won't be a quick turn around and we will have to manage our expectations realistically for the future.

We have to be prepared to change, listen and vote for a strong experienced leader who will create the right economic climate in this ever changing world.

Oh yes.... that experienced cabinet comprising of an armed forces minister who used to be in charge of the health service.

The only other time that a person has gone from health to war is that NHS doctor who tried to blow up Glasgow Airport!! :D

As for the rest of the experience; Mandy Mandlson is the most experienced and he is just a snake and a pocket liner.

The rest of them would be better off signining on; which I am sure they will master in a few months!

I read that the chances of an election in Spring 2009 are receeding a little, and the problem with that is that given there has to be an election in May/June 2010, politicians will be distracted from trying to sort our economy out.

Interestingly during this recession, given the high numbers employed in the "State Sector", a large number of people will be quite isolated from its effects. Indeed given secure income/pension they might do quite well. Alas there are many....the majority, who are not in that position and will suffer rather badly with those on the most modest of means hurt the most.

Whilst a number of us on this Forum predicted the collapse of the housing market and have been concerned by levels of debt, I don't think any of us saw banks going bust.....and having to be nationalised.

Interesting article by Robert Peston and well worth a read:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/robertpeston/16_12_09_new_capitalism1.pdf