Brown draws laughs for "saving the world"

Mary

Prime Minister Gordon Brown triggered laughter in parliament on Wednesday when he accidentally said he had saved the world during questions about the global financial crisis.

The gaffe was seized on by Brown's political opponents and by newspaper cartoonists, who depict him as "Super Gordon," the leotard-wearing economic saviour who is convinced only he can deliver the world from the financial turmoil.

"The first point of recapitalisation was to save banks that would otherwise have collapsed," Brown told lawmakers. He then added: "And we not only saved the world, er, saved the banks..."

His subsequent words were drowned out by jeers and laughter from around the lower house of parliament.

Conservative opposition leader David Cameron, whose poll lead has slipped in recent weeks as voters look to Brown to fix the economy, seized on the slip.

"Well it's now on the record," he said. "He is so busy talking about saving the world that he's forgotten about the businesses of this country."

:lol:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geoff,

You need to take a reality check. It's got bog all to do with the Opposition. this is about a guy who is telling us, that if we have money problems that we should go out and spend, spend, spend and that it wioll get better.

they shut people up in Winwick for less than that. :roll:

Well I think that Gordon is doing fine and he's going to have the last laugh on posh boy Cameron and his heckling chums who interupted him in mid sentence.

What's wrong with being posh?

I'd rather have a posh prime minister than one who gives away all of my hard earned money to doley scroungers, chavs and foreigners

Actually I was a little suprised that there wern't any young gardeners around when Gord was in Afghanistan yesterday.... would have made an interesting news story!!

Well I think that Gordon is doing fine and he's going to have the last laugh on posh boy Cameron and his heckling chums who interupted him in mid sentence.

When the men in white coats come to pick up Gordon they may as well pick you up at the same time and save on fuel :D:D:D

I see your learning about economies of scale but you've got a lot to learn before you can match Gordon's expertise and statesmanship. The person you are having a go at is a world leader with a great deal of respect.

I see though your getting into the same frame of mind as Pete and Obs with your jokes about the mentally ill, Winwick etc just to make a point on this web site. I just hope that none of your family fall ill as you will soon see another side to your humour.

Better to be a follower of a great leader than someone who has been a poor leader and lost his sheep

Geoff, I have to admit that amongst your nonsensical ramblings there is an occasional gem. How soon will your great leader become a lonely shepherd? Not all sheep are as blind as you seem to be.