Winter pics

P J

As the winter is upon us there are some great things to photograph at this time of year. Post your winter related pictures here, especially of a Warrington theme, and the best will win a ?20.00 cash prize. I haven't asked him yet but I am sure Gary and the mods would act as judges.p.s. I am not eligible to enter :cry: Last entry date will be posted soon. So get your hats and coats on and get out there snapping.

IMG_3002.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As the winter is upon us there are some great things to photograph at this time of year. Post your winter related pictures here, especially of a Warrington theme, and the best will win a ?20.00 cash prize. I haven't asked him yet but I am sure Gary and the mods would act as judges.p.s. I am not eligible to enter :cry: Last entry date will be posted soon. So get your hats and coats on and get out there snapping.

IMG_3002.jpg

Where was that winter scene in Warrington?

Where was that winter scene in Warrington?

It was In Sankey Valley Park on Sunday morning, alongside the canal. It is just a scruffy old weed but because the frost had got to it it became lovely, hope for us all then eh? :wink:

It wasn't really an entry to the competition Gary just a wintery picture to help set the mood.

That weed looks like cow parsley.

Thanks Peter. hers a pic of the lock bridge in Sankey valley.

bridgefrost.jpg

and for those who think I may be a bit puddled check out this guy. :shock:

IMG_3008.jpg

he is fishing through the only bit of unfrozen canal in the area which was about 3 square feet in size. They are made of pretty stern stuff these anglers :)

That fishing picture is fantastic. Well done.

I should entitle it "The Sankey Inuit" I went and checked and there was literally a 3 foot diameter hole in the ice, the only unfrozen water around . The man has my admiration and probably anti freeze for blood. :D

Cracker wolfie, looks like it was taken in Penketh. Is the one on the right with the hair dryer the scouser? :wink::lol:

Good to see you have entered into the spirit of the topic Keith :roll::roll:

It would be nice if you could keep your trolling to a more suitable area.

Ignore them PJ and stick to your fantastic photo posts. Why they can't stick to pratting about in the sports section is beyond me! :lol:

I will try and find a nice wintery picture to post although I am off to Scotland tomorrow for a few days and maybe I can find something to point the old box browny at up there!