Tax up to 45% for the rich

P J

.....and there's a lot fewer loopholes when it comes to paying a bar bill than there are in the tax system.

Asp is kind of ignoring the fact that, in general, higher rate tax payers don't actually pay anything like higher rate tax at all.

I'm not ignoring anything. I've just posted an explanation (simplified) written by a professor of economics (which I am anything but!) and left it for you all to understand or not, to agree with or not.

There aren't any pirates on the Thames (where i am just now) so I'm feeling quite safe from that point of view. :wink::wink:

Think you'll find, that aside from the well worn loop-holes, the money (and the individuals) is normally resident "off-shore", precisely to avoid tax. :shock: As far as "leaving the country"; anyone would think these characters are indespensible - no one is indespensible - for any job, any position, there will be a queue of ambitious/greedy voluteers - some of whom will do it for less! :roll::wink: