Freezing UK Hit By Snow And Ice

Mary

The Met Office has issued weather warnings for central and northern England.

Heavy rain coming in from the Atlantic turned to turn to snow when it hit the cold Arctic air settled over the country this morning.

Although most places have seen flurries of the white stuff, some areas in central and south east England were due to get heavy snow falls.

Even the capital has had a dusting.

But the white flakes have been turning back to rain and the weather has started to thaw this afternoon as the sun comes out in many places.

Weather forecasters warned the rain falling on freezing ground would form black ice, leading to treacherous driving conditions.

Sky News weather presenter Jo Wheeler said many regions could see several centimetres of snow.

IS it Snowing??

so all those people looking forward to nice crisp white snow creating a wondeful "christmassy" scene.

will they be the ones who will be moaning two days later when they are are struggling to drive the kids to school due to snow packed roads with the texture of a skating rink because the council gritting wagons are short of grit because it has all frozen over.

will they still enjoy it when a hundred yards walk down the road will make climbing the north face of the eiger seem like a pleasant walk in the park in summer. probably not

still they will have picked up a few tips from dancing on ice no doubt :twisted:

well that's my bah humbug over with, maybe. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
you didn't mention that you would be stinking the place up with your fag smoke Observer. Perhaps you could jack it in for New Year :lol:

He wouldn't have the Christmas balls to pack in PJ.... he doesn't seem the type that would be able to do something challenging.

Maybe if it was a "getting the last word in" competition, but certainly not something requiring some bottle!

you didn't mention that you would be stinking the place up with your fag smoke Observer. Perhaps you could jack it in for New Year :lol:

He wouldn't have the Christmas balls to pack in PJ.... he doesn't seem the type that would be able to do something challenging.

Maybe if it was a "getting the last word in" competition, but certainly not something requiring some bottle!

:D:D its a pity really. I'll miss him when he's gone. :wink:

There's an assumption that i'll "go" before you; tempting fate perhaps?! :wink::lol:

Quite the opposite I would say. The phrase "I intend to live forever" is exactly that in my case. When I am in the need of medical attention in a few years and the doctor says "do you smoke, because if you do, you will have to go home and die a slow and painful death stinking of fags", I will be able to say no I don't.... and he will say, "......no problem Baz, step this way to the operating table and we will save you because you don't smell!"

And you may think I am joking; but look how things are going for you anti-socials at the moment. ....and things will get worse!