Traffic Management?

observer

Notice from ww news, that WBC are having yet another go at sorting out congestion in Warrington - well, a start would be yellow box hatchings at EVERY road junction AND keep clear sins on EVERY round a bout. :shock: The number of gormless drivers, who just follow the car in front onto junctions, then block other traffic from crossing the junction, is one of the major causes of grid lock Warrinton. :twisted:

So you've never approached a junction or roundabout, to find it clogged up with docile idiots who cant or just won't let you through?! :roll: After all; they're going nowhere fast. :roll::wink:

Perhaps Baz stops on yellow boxes and sees red!? :wink:

Takes a lot to stop me RG... I use the old analogy the bigger you are the more people get out of the way!

So you've never approached a junction or roundabout, to find it clogged up with docile idiots who cant or just won't let you through?! :roll: After all; they're going nowhere fast. :roll::wink:

Perhaps Baz stops on yellow boxes and sees red!? :wink:

Takes a lot to stop me RG... I use the old analogy the bigger you are the more people get out of the way!

Always thought the analogy was 'the bigger you are the harder you fall' :P:wink:

Obs, I presume you are referring to the JMP study that is being undertaken to tell us what we already know, i.e. that traffic in Warrington is exceeding the capacity of the local network at particular times and in certain places, that fixing it will require further (expensive) studies, and ultimately the problems are down to geography (such as the River Mersey and Manchester Ship Canal) as much as they are to poor foresight on the part of Warrington Officers for not bringing in technology such as SCOOT? and MOVA? when the rest of the country has been using it for years already :?:

Maybe spending a few of the hoarded council millions on dual carriageways and proper roadways rather than trying to fit all the extra traffic onto existing roads might help.

For example.... who thought it would be a good idea to build a huge shopping park with IKEA and M&S on the same site and then stick a single track road to it?... oh and add a copious amount of roundabouts as well to slow things down a little? The new motorway junction helped a bit, but that is going to be full to bursting as soon as they open a few warehouses on the old hangers site. Piles of trucks all going to the junction will soon scare the cars back onto Cromwell Avenue and then will probably force some of the trucks out through Westbrook and cause even more traffic chaos!.... I can't wait!

What about Cromwell Avenue at the other end near the peace ranch? I was under the impression that Cromwell was supposed to be a relief road for the likes of Lovely Lane; to keep the heavy goods vehicles away (hence all the motorway sgns that point down there) Trouble is, because it is only a single track road with lots of roundabouts; most of the heavy traffic still head for lovely lane as it is easier to navigate a 40ft truck down.

We don't seem to have proper traffic planning people on this council; rather a bunch of chancers who aint got a clue and think that throwing money at a problem will fix it and that cars are like the devil and if you don't put enough roads in for them they will ultimately stay away and go somewhere else instead.....!

Council "hoarding" money - if only: sure Paul can give us the latest on their accounts - ?15million in the red? :roll: The bottom line on all this is, quite simply, too many cars in a finite space; you only have to see the traffic congestion in the s/market when it's full, to understand that. :roll: There are ways of mitigating congestion, and that is to create an orderly system, in a similar manner to an evacuation process from a ship or building on fire; if it's every man for themselves, more folk get killed in the rush. :roll::wink:

Council "hoarding" money - if only: sure Paul can give us the latest on their accounts - ?15million in the red? :roll: The bottom line on all this is, quite simply, too many cars in a finite space; you only have to see the traffic congestion in the s/market when it's full, to understand that. :roll:There are ways of mitigating congestion, and that is to create an orderly system, in a similar manner to an evacuation process from a ship or building on fire; if it's every man for themselves, more folk get killed in the rush. :roll::wink:
100% observer, and that orderly system does NOT mean prioritising pedestrianisation in areas it doesnt need it, Asda lights being the prime example of political posturing over common sense.

All development and our lifestyles have been based on increased travel distance using the car; no more corner shops, no local factory round the corner, more folk living in out of town estates etc: plus kids are trained from a young age not to walk more than 50 yards at a time (school runs); our residential infrastructure in the older areas of the Town, was designed before the car was thought of, and simply can't sustain current ownership levels - so what do we do - get rid of the cars or demolish the houses?! :shock::wink:

All development and our lifestyles have been based on increased travel distance using the car; no more corner shops, no local factory round the corner, more folk living in out of town estates etc: plus kids are trained from a young age not to walk more than 50 yards at a time (school runs); our residential infrastructure in the older areas of the Town, was designed before the car was thought of, and simply can't sustain current ownership levels - so what do we do - get rid of the cars or demolish the houses?! :shock::wink:
I know you're struggling with this but....

100% observer, and that orderly system does NOT mean prioritising pedestrianisation in areas it doesnt need it, Asda lights being the prime example of political posturing over common sense.
See? Pretty sure Westbrook/Callands isn't the old town?

• 2 weeks later...

We don't seem to have proper traffic planning people on this council; rather a bunch of chancers who aint got a clue and think that throwing money at a problem will fix it and that cars are like the devil and if you don't put enough roads in for them they will ultimately stay away and go somewhere else instead.....!

like the nonsense at the end of Manchester Road...

I dont go that way to work due to the long queues but sometimes come home that way ...and I noticed they had done some road works and made a filter lane to turn left towards kingsland Grange used it on Friday great... dead easy no need to give way just turn left and join the dual carriage way....

this morning.... lengthy queues and that fine new shiny bit of road ........????

all Coned off....... :roll::roll:

genious.....somebody probably realised it worked so order the cones out quickly.....

then dont even mention that road "widening" on Lythgoes lane at the back of Wickes....

in parts the Road has been Widened a whole 10 inches....!!!!!!