Ban on Happy hour.

observer

A ban on happy hour is unworkable, they'll just call it something else. How about a reasonably joyful 60 minutes ? It's all about total control by miserable unhappy people who want everybody else to be as miserable as themselves...They've got my fags...they're after my holiday jet travel ..as for bananas,they take so many air miles to get on my fruit bowl it's an ecological sin. Ban the bendies now !! This country is rapidly becoming the most controlled in the western world.

Pubs, clubs etc can charge what they want when they want it doesn't have to have a name attached to it.

Anyone who drinks to excess whether during a happy hour or not should be left to suffer the consequences leaving the emergency services to attend situations that are deserving of their services.

the crossbar at the lights on bewsey road had a happy hour from 4-6 :?

i will never understand how different pubs/clubs can charge such a wide range of prices for the same brand of beer. at one pub the price is ?2.50 per pint and less than a hundred yards down the road it is ?2.10 per pint. same beer and both places are making a profit on it, less in the case of the lower price but still a profit and at the lower price probably sells more pints thus making about the same amount of money as the other.

Seems the relative cost of booze has gone cheaper over the years, especially with s/market offers. :shock: Hows about: a variable increase in tax, with the highest rate falling on alcho-pop type drinks, with the least increase on mild and bitter; plus a ban on cheap selling by s/markets? :?:wink:

A landlord stated on the radio that supermarkets were selling ale at half the price that he could by it direct from the brewery :?

Last week the supermarkets were selling fireworks at buy a box get a box free. :roll:

They also had large displays advertising 'mischief night', obviously in the hope that egg and flour sales would increase. :roll:

About time someone came down hard on the supermarkets :evil: for what can only be seen as encouraging anti social behaviour