SURELY NOT!

Paul Kennedy

A bomber who botched an attempted bombing, has been sentenced to 18 years prison - fair enough. :? BUT, it seems this "terrorist" had a mental age of 10 - would a 10 year old be old enough to have a trial? :? Anyway, we can all sleep safely in our beds! :wink:

But the big problem is that he will only serve about 8 years...not 18. The lad should swing from a dangling rope because when he gets out he will be manipulated again and next time he will kill someone.

The rope does not let them do it twice.... you know it makes sense and it has to be brought back to kerb this slide into neandathal violence we have seen.

I mean what kind of a person would stab a man to death at a bus stop with his 3 year old daughter stood with him? Regardless of what was found out later of him visiting his wife in hospital and their little baby born that same day. The person who did this should be brought to account and hung.

Our so called representitives in parliament (the ones who look after their own interests instead of ours at the moment) need to let us have a say and vote on capital punishment and lets get rid of this scum once and for all... not putting them up at our expense for a few years to let them out to do it again.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a different subject
A scouser convicted of drinking and driving at a Liverpool court hearing was caught on cctv getting straight into his car and driving away.

:shock::roll::roll:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7861420.stm

Disregarding the fact that he was a scouser, the bloke should now be hauled back to court and jailed for 5 years with no time off.

Time to take a stand against these people that think it is OK to take the p**s out of the law and out of the rest of us that try and do the right thing every day.

Trouble is, he will probably get less than someone caught speeding or going through a red light

[quote="Baz J

Our so called representitives in parliament (the ones who look after their own interests instead of ours at the moment) need to let us have a say and vote on capital punishment and lets get rid of this scum once and for all... not putting them up at our expense for a few years to let them out to do it again.

My guess is that a majority would not vote for the return of the death penalty, although it might be close, and if they did, it is likely few juries would convict.

Given that capital punishment will not return, prison for murderers such as the example in this topic should be a lot, lot harsher....or we could export them to......Saudi Arabia....or China.

PS Guess what, EU rules prohibit the death penalty in member states. :wink:

Because Paul, they are all namby pamby self serving pigs who only make decisions that will enrich their own lives and bugger up the lives of others.

Sentences are totally and wholly inadequate and should be tripled for all serious offences with no parole for a start.

Just to clarify Baz, I do not believe that a majority of MPs of any party and therefore overall would vote for the return of capital punishment, nor do I believe a majority of the population would either if they were asked to vote on the issue, although my guess that 30% or so might vote for it....personally I wouldn't, even though there are criminals who I believe don't deserve to live.

personally I wouldn't, even though there are criminals who I believe don't deserve to live.

So how can you explain that one Paul? I think you may be suprised how many of the public are being swayed towards the return of capital punishment.

Just watch the news or read a paper and see not just how many murders there are now; but the heinous and calous cold blooded type of murder. Mums stabbed to death in their own house while the baby sleeps in the cot next to her, little boy shot crossing a car park, bloke kicked and stamped to death telling off a few kids for damaging cars..... for heavens sake this is all getting out of hand and none of the parties seem to have an answer to the problem.

"lets build some more jails" Labour have said for the past decade........ and still they are letting prisoners out earlier than their sentences suggest (47,000 prisoners have been released early under this governments policy of early release to free up space)

forty quids worth of rope would free up all the space they will ever need. :wink:

no opinion poll since we began asking should the death penalty be brought back has returned anything like a 30% for 70% against Paul so God knows where you "guessed" at that figure. In fact, with the odd very close poll, most have come out squarely in support of a return to the rope for the most heinous crimes. You seem. like our politicians to be totally out of touch with the common man on the big issues.

[quote="Baz J

forty quids worth of rope would free up all the space they will ever need. ]

But actually it wouldn't unless capital punishment was extended to a much greater range of crimes. I think Peter in his post makes a valid point. I think the majority of the population would approve of harsher prison conditions, with basic conditions, no luxuries and some hard labour. I think the old military glasshouse could be used as a model.

no opinion poll since we began asking should the death penalty be brought back has returned anything like a 30% for 70% against Paul so God knows where you "guessed" at that figure. In fact, with the odd very close poll, most have come out squarely in support of a return to the rope for the most heinous crimes. You seem. like our politicians to be totally out of touch with the common man on the big issues.

Maybe you would like to list the big issues and the views of the "common man".

PS Would these be the common men....and women, that I need to be in touch with who went on a crazy borrowing binge for the last decade. :wink::)

On the suject of the death penalty I understand a Sun poll produced a 99% in favour vote. :wink:

I note to take part in the Poll, readers had to ring a premium rate number, nice little earner for the Sun then.

Well one thing is certain, you won't get "capital punishment" on the agenda while we're in the EU; niether will we get a tough prison regime as long as we have Human Rights Acts. :twisted:

True enough Obs.... so the obvious answer to those who want criminals punished and foreign criminals sent home is not to vot for one of the main parties but to vote for someone like the BNP...... and that is how they will increase their vote share I'm afraid

No one in mainstream politics has the balls to stand up and say to these human rights idiots that enough is enough and our contry is knackered and we need proper justice. Sod the Howrd league and the other prisoner panderers.... lock them up 10 to a cell if needs be and stick a bucket in the corner again. Now tell me who wouldn't vote for that?

no opinion poll since we began asking should the death penalty be brought back has returned anything like a 30% for 70% against

Opinion polls are one thing, a properly conducted vote on the subject is another. Opinion polls have by definition a 100% turnout, a vote by all those eligible to vote would be no where near 100%. So on that basis my guess of 30ish% of those eligible to vote, voting for it, won't be far off the mark.

In order to develop this discussion I thought we might consider a specific case so that the so called "common man" could give it some thought, a case that could be described as heinous, and therefore on the basis of posts "worthy of the rope". The case I had in mind is that of the sexual assault and murder by frenzied knife attack of 11 year old Lesley Moleseed in Rochdale in 1975.

After a police investigation and trial, Stefan Kiszko was convicted of murder, a number of posters would have wanted him hung. Pity really, in 1992 Mr Kiszko's conviction was overturned and he was released from prison. In November 2007, Ronald Castree was tried and found guilty of murdering Lesley Moleseed.

As they say, "I rest my case M'Lud".

How arrogant an attitude. For every "innocent" man later found to be not guilty theres many more where people let out have reoffended. You need go no further than to ask Baz, a regular poster on here, all about letting murderers out to kill again.

Your 30% figure is nonsense and your attempted justification for arriving at the figure is complete b******s to be blunt. You are quick enough to use poll data if it comes out in favour of the political party you recently decided to represent. Cake and eat it time Paul. You are way off the mark on this issue and I hope and pray that the "common man"gets the chance to prove it to you although given that ALL the main political parties are in favour of staying in the E.U. regardless what the public feel then I guess we are stuck with a justice system which is frankly an embarrasment.

How arrogant an attitude. For every "innocent" man later found to be not guilty theres many more where people let out have reoffended. You need go no further than to ask Baz, a regular poster on here, all about letting murderers out to kill again.

Your 30% figure is nonsense and your attempted justification for arriving at the figure is complete b******s to be blunt. You are quick enough to use poll data if it comes out in favour of the political party you recently decided to represent. Cake and eat it time Paul. You are way off the mark on this issue and I hope and pray that the "common man"gets the chance to prove it to you although given that ALL the main political parties are in favour of staying in the E.U. regardless what the public feel then I guess we are stuck with a justice system which is frankly an embarrasment.

So do something about it PJ, in less than 18 months time there will be a general election, stand on a platform of leaving the EU, crime & punishment, allotments etc (whatever happened to your campaign, as I understand nothing, despite what you said........in fact the only person who did anything was me :wink:) , come on PJ put your money where your mouth is.

By the way have you ever stood for election.

[quote="PJ Callands

For every "innocent" man later found to be not guilty theres many more where people let out have reoffended.

With a comment such as this I would suggest that it is you who is arrogant, not I. The case I gave was an actual case. You would have hung an innocent man, shame on you PJ, shame on you.

Sunday Telegraph:

Caroline Petrie, a committed Christian, has been accused by her employers of failing to demonstrate a "personal and professional commitment to equality and diversity".

She faces disciplinary action and could lose her job over the incident.

Mrs Petrie, a married mother of two, says she has been left shocked and upset by the action taken against her.

She insists she has never forced her own religious beliefs on anyone but politely inquired if the elderly patient wanted her to pray for her ? either in the woman's presence or after the nurse had left the patient's home.

"I simply couldn't believe that I have been suspended over this. I knew I hadn't done anything wrong. All I am trying to do is help my patients, many of whom want me to pray for them," she said.

Mrs Petrie, 45, is a community nurse employed by North Somerset Primary Care Trust to carry out home visits to sick and elderly patients.

The incident which led to her suspension took place at the home of a woman patient in Winscombe, North Somerset.

"It was around lunchtime and I had spent about 20 to 25 minutes with her. I had applied dressings to her legs and shortly before I left I said to her: 'Would you like me to pray for you?'.

"She said 'No, thank you.' And I said: 'OK.' I only offered to pray for her because I was concerned about her welfare and wanted her to get better."

However, after the incident on December 15, she was contacted by the trust and asked to explain her actions.

The woman patient, who is believed to be in her late 70s, is understood to have complained to the trust.

Suspension seems a somewhat over the top response for such a matter, particularly when I understand that there is a shortage of district nurses, maybe a quiet word in Mrs Petrie's ear was all that was needed.

[quote name="PJ Callands

For every "innocent" man later found to be not guilty theres many more where people let out have reoffended.

With a comment such as this I would suggest that it is you who is arrogant' date=' not I. The case I gave was an actual case. You would have hung an innocent man, shame on you PJ, shame on you.[/quote]

and the man who murdered Baz J's wife was let out on release only to murder an innocent woman who was his prison visitor.

As for standing for parliament What a joke. I do not have any political ambition whatsoever Paul, unlike yourself who needed to pin his colours to a passing mast of convenience to become elected having failed miserably for years when standing for your own principles as an independent. As for standing for election, yes I have stood for election. Sadly there were not enough people prepared to stand to make an election required. As it stands I will be standing again in 3 years for Callands, the parish I live in,and if I have proved myself worthy The people will vote me in, if not then I probably didn't do enough over 4 years to prove myself.

"PS Would these be the common men....and women, that I need to be in touch with who went on a crazy borrowing binge for the last decade. "

you show your true self here Paul, blaming the people who borrowed too much money, after they had been constantly subjected to advertising campaigns and cash now offers and interest free credit cards and 8 x salary mortgages by the disgustingly greedy banks who needed more and more customers to be in debt so that they could fund their billionaire lifestyles and bonuses and political donations et al.

Allotments, as it stands I am in communication with several Borough Councillors regarding the development of allotments, not you Paul as contrary to your claims you did nothing constructive but just asked some relatively useless question at full council. When the Director of Environment, Mr. Farrell, writes to tell you that yes by law allotments should be provided but we can get around that by saying there is no time limit then it would be easy to give up but I won't. Keep your eyes peeled in the next few weeks as this issue may soon be rearing its enironmentally friendly head yet again.