NHS sailing yacht?

observer

Seems a NHS Trust in Hull, is considering purchasing a sailing yacht - the theory being, that young deprived folk can steered onto a road of a healthy lifestyle - errrm, a bit tenuous. :shock: Whilst some form of challenge may be a usefull character builder for youngsters, not sure it's the responsibility of the Health Service to provide - what do you think? :?:wink:

perhaps he should buy a galley would give them more exercise and teach them teamwork and the bonus being they would be too tired to get into trouble after a few hours rowing around the harbour giving sightseeing tours at a fiver a head to pay for the upkeep.

by eck that could be an alternative for those on community service :idea::twisted:

• 2 weeks later...
Baz

I think you have to travel a little further south before people start pronouncing yacht as "yort"!

Indeed, but before he edited the initial post (about 25 minutes before you replied I notice) yacht had been spelt as yaught; hence my comment :wink: