How daft does it have to get?

observer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll leave you to decide:

"Hundreds of Pagan criminals have given a day off prison work to celebrate Halloween. The convicts, who included Devil worshippers and Satanists, were spared duties all day - despite only celebrating the start of the Celtic New Year during the evening.

The decision was described as farcical 'political correctness' at a time when the Prison Service is in the middle of an overcrowding crisis. Home Secretary John Reid was accused of 'fiddling while Rome burns' over the measure.

The 282 Pagans in jails in England and Wales were allowed to use rune stones, flexible twigs and hoodless robes to mark the festival.

The step was taken to protect the Prison Service from being sued for discriminating against the religion while allowing other inmates time-off to mark their own religious celebrations. "

Daily Mail 1/11/06

As a post script to my previous post, I understand within his remuneration package of ?91,000, was an "overtime" payment of ?5,000, despite it seems being off work for most if not all of the year.

Given the generosity of council employees pensions schemes, relative to those in the private sector, I wonder given all of the publicity the person in question is getting, will he be retiring on a full and substantial pension on "health" grounds in the very near future. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey up, not a day goes by without some more daftness appearing, this time from the Home Office and its talk tough "leader":

Shoplifters and other criminals are to escape without any punishment if they say sorry for their crimes - but parents of young children who drop litter face ?50 fines under Government plans.

Here is the rest of the article from today's Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=416422&in_page_id=1770

You have all got to open your eyes to the real problems, Observer is correct the PC brigade as caused a lot of problems for the rule of law in this country,but as someone who deals with the Police nearly every day in Warrington the police do a very poor job, I understand this year again they have come the bottom of the league again for service and they dont seem to be bothered and because of this people in our communities are getting no protection from criminals elderly people dont open thier doors after 7 oClock at night making them prisoners in thier own home, and untill people stop making excuses for them nothing will change.

Originally posted by observer:

It's the liberal PC Brigade that have got us into this mess! :roll:

But alas they won't be getting us out of it Observer. With regards to the Conservatives, David Davis certainly has a firm approach to law and order, whether of course he can change the status quo if he becomes Home Secretary is very much another matter. Both you and Mick are right in what you say. Interestingly whilst in places we do have high levels of crime, the biggest problem is people's actual fear of crime, particularly as Mick says, our elderley folk, who actually should be able to live the last years of their lives in peace and without the fear of crime, that is the least that they deserve.

Not quite Paul: the "fear of crime" arguement has been used as a public relaxant for some time now; but the incidents of crime are clearly on the increase and compounded by the political errors of the past: E.G: The closure of Mental Hospitals and introduction of so-called care in the community; which, not being properly financed and managed, allows arbitary murders by mental cases. The lack of a monitoring scheme for immigration and immigrants; which allows illegals to commit serial muggings. The failiure to dicipline a generation at home, school or in the community; which has led to a culture of anti-social behaviour and arbitary knifings. The failiure to deal with a culture of binge drinking wish feeds a culture of violence on our streets. And even if one lives in splendid middle class isolation; it can all penetrate one's private bubble through the TV news; making folk too scared to venture out in the dark. :(

Here's one from today's Times:

"A spicy sausage known as the Welsh Dragon will have to be renamed after trading standards? officers warned the manufacturers that they could face prosecution because it does not contain dragon.

The sausages will now have to be labelled Welsh Dragon Pork Sausages to avoid any confusion among customers."

Actually I normally think quite highly of Trading Standards, maybe I'll have to have a rethink.

PS Here is the link for those wanting to read the full article:

DRAGON EXTINGUISHED

[ 18.11.2006, 07:57: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

Hey up, a bit more daftness, you just can't make this sort of stuff up can you:

Judge annoyed over immigration system

Here is a bit of a taster from the article:

"A judge has criticised the way immigration cases are dealt with after jailing a failed asylum seeker who used a false passport to stay in Britain.

Bradford Crown Court heard how Vladimir Pugachev, who was born in Kazakhstan, used the Lithuanian passport to obtain a National Insurance number and was able to live and work locally for two years before being arrested.

Jailing him for ten months yesterday, Judge Roger Scott told 22-year-old Pugachev: "You masqueraded as a Lithuanian citizen. It will surprise nobody that it took two years for the authorities to determine it was a false passport, to trace you and come and get you."

The judge also said it was "absolutely amazing" that Pugachev's father - who had already been deported once but immediately returned to Britain and was let in - was sitting in the public gallery watching his son being sentenced.

"That is the sort of world we live in with immigration issues," he added." :(

Originally posted by observer:

Carefull Paul; you'll have the PC Thought Police after you! :D

I relish the challenge Observer. :D:D

PS I particularly "liked" the following quote from my earlier post and for the benefit of readers........ and Dr Reid our "tough on illegals", Home Secretary , here it is again:

"The judge also said it was "absolutely amazing" that Pugachev's father - who had already been deported once but immediately returned to Britain and was let in - was sitting in the public gallery watching his son being sentenced."

Interestingly can't a Judge order the arrest of a person in their Court, like for example Pugachev senior. :wink:

[ 18.11.2006, 21:46: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]