P.C.

observer

trying to imagine the signs since they rely on men wearing trousers, women wearing skirts on the basic symbols.

if its got a skirt on how do you know its not the ladies.

and if you put a man and a woman on, thats still two seperate classes excluding the gendre it was intended for.

and one more question...will the women start putting the seats back up after they've finished...it's so annoying.

• 1 month later...

Leave them be.... the last bit of satisfaction I have is being able to go to the loo 10 times quicker than my wife. Can you imagine having two rather long queues; one outside the womens and one outside the mens, all full of nattering women continuing their chats when they all go to the toilet together??

Leave them in their own queues and let the men have this last bastion of freedom!

Slightly off topic but I've got an aversion to public toilets of any description after a harrowing experience some years ago now. I was caught extremely short in Sankey Street and I just about made it to the gents convenience in Bank Park. Settling myself on the pedestal I glanced to my right and observed a hole in the dividing wall from which an eyeball was peering at me. I always told myself that if ever I was accosted by a pervert in a public toilet I would knock seven bells out of the miscreant. Instead I took off down Sankey Street at a pace Linford Christie wouldn't have been able to live with. So perhaps mixed public toilets wouldn't be such a bad idea if it means being rid of the cottagers. I've seen them in Belgium but must admit it was a bit of a shck.

Thanks for that tale, Safeway56. I sympathise with your predicament but, on a grey, gloomy day when I'm not very well, it made me laugh and cheered me up. Sorry if I wasn't meant to laugh but it was funny. :wink:

Yes, Belgium's had unisex loos since at least 1956 to my personal knowledge. I went in one in Brussels as a 13 year old on a school trip. We all giggled about it but, really, it was no big deal. 8)