It's going to be an expensive mistake..........

Latchford Locks

THE CLOCKS TICKING

http://www.lasttackle.com/blogpost_160-the-risk-of-franchising.html

(extract from rlfans.com forum)

I'm certainly no northerner or an anti-expansionist, but I can clearly see when something's a failure and financially unviable. I don't live in a fantasy world where 2000 crowds are okay for a SL club if it's an expansion club. Their crowds are only going down and down and after the game this weekend, how many of the 2000 will be back? There could be a successful Championship club in Wales, but instead of reason blind faith in expansion can been gone with and there's a club that will fold the day Leighton Samuels has enough, which will be less than 3 years

• 2 months later...

Failing to meet crowd attendance figures...moving down the M4 to Newport...losing half a team due to immigration fiddles...How can they possibly survive? Better to call it a day on this expensive experiment and replace them with Widnes forthwith. Yes, I know Widnes aren't having the greatest of success with results at the moment but out of the clubs in NL1 Widnes have the greatest potential in regard to stadium and supporter base.

Failing to meet crowd attendance figures...moving down the M4 to Newport...losing half a team due to immigration fiddles...How can they possibly survive? Better to call it a day on this expensive experiment and replace them with Widnes forthwith. Yes, I know Widnes aren't having the greatest of success with results at the moment but out of the clubs in NL1 Widnes have the greatest potential in regard to stadium and supporter base.

And the sooner the better :o

I agree, bring Widnes in before Toulouse looks the better bet. :wink:

I think even the higher echelons at Red Hall are feeling rather foolish after this debacle and won't be taking any chances for many years .... Widnes back in are a racing cert ! :wink:

Roll on the Wire v Chemics derby games !!!!! :D

Just a few points about the Crusaders 6...

1. seems ridiculous not to let these players see out the rest of the season.

2. imagine the implications throughout British sport in general if there are found to be players with dodgy visas especially in football.

3.it is a pity the Border Agency is not as efficient at deporting & more importantly, keeping out the more undesirable elements from the UK,after all these rugby players will only be here for a fixed term anyway.

Despite being involved in a visa scam you suggest they be allowed to see out the rest of the season ? Absolutely unbelievable !! They are fortunate not to be held in custody until arangements be made to chuck them out. Celtic are incredibly fortunate not to be thrown out of the game. If they weren't complicit with this fiddle they show incompetence beyond belief. I can understand some dodgy back street employers taking on illegal immigrants peeling spuds and carrots but these are well known sportsmen regularly appearing on national television. I detect a touch of the Alf Garnetts with the rest of the post.

They don't have to be out of Britain till 7th September anyway so what harm would another fortnight do if the situation was properly supervised?

The undesirables i am talking about usually come here under false pretences, some with bogus documents & disappear off the government radar at the earliest opportunity.

I am sure these players came over here with the best of intentions with what they believed were bona fide documents ,after all these people have been let into the country by the same organisation that now wants to deport them.

• 2 weeks later...

I think even the higher echelons at Red Hall are feeling rather foolish after this debacle and won't be taking any chances for many years .... Widnes back in are a racing cert ! :wink:

Roll on the Wire v Chemics derby games !!!!! :D

Celtic Crusaders 16 Huddersfield 42

Tries: Tyrer, Blackwood, Lennon Whaturia, Lunt 2, Larne, Fulton 2, D Hodgson

Goals: Tyrer 2 Cudjoe 7

Attend: 1,988

Says it all really :roll:

Why not bring in Blackpool Panthers, we nearly beat Widnes in the cup before the start of the season when we weren't playing well. We should confirm our position today after beating the undeaten Dewsbury - I wish - If so we will secure a place in the playoffs just like Warrington Wizzards.

Blackpool have a new backer, new signings looming, and Martin Crompton as head coach at the helm onwards and upwards. :D

It would be wonderful... in another World where Sky no longer ruled the game and we could play who we wanted to not who we were dictated to.And what a weekend away it could have been.!

But back on planet Earth we do as we are told and watch the disaster unfold in front of our very eyes :cry:

Perhaps the figure of 1,998 could be inflated. If I was a betting man I would wager that fewer than a thousand paying speccies were there. Granted they were playing Huddersfield and due to them being brassic from Wembley they didn't have the away following they could have. I don't think Wire took many with them to Hull yesterday judging by the lack of noise from the Wire speccies.

It's a sad day when a club like Leigh, a club with decades of history, are now in the bottom division despite not being in a relegation spot. The other Frog team Toulouse or however you spell it are below Leigh yet are exempt from relegation. The world of the RL executive is more Monty Python than a fair administrative body. If the Frogs were made exempt from relegation then so should all the other teams in that divison. Wire are riding higher than we have for years yet today we could quite easily have been in the same position that Leigh are right now.