Traffic-nearly gridlocked.

Peter T

Dismayed

There was me thinking you were just 25, you give so little away. :wink: Anyway waffle on as much as you like, I?m sitting here with a large scotch (birthday present from yesterday) so excuse my ramblings also.

I?ve only driven a Land Rover thingy once and it was a really scary experience. Just changing lanes on the motorway at reasonable speed had to be done ever so slowly otherwise it was totally unstable and not at all like any of the cars I?ve ever owned.

Saw a youngish bloke trash a new Porsche some years back. He?d only driven it just over a mile, decided to floor it and ended up in the neighbour?s front garden! He was gutted to say the least and the car was a total write off.

Bill :)

Happy Birthday for yesteray Bill :D:D:wink:

Never actually driven an Land Rover myself but the 4x4 we have is very stable and a lovely drive indeed. Has a similar turning circle to a normal average car too which makes a difference :wink:

Only real downside is the diesel consumption but as it has a 3 ltr engine and weighs over 2 ton I guess it's not that bad really compared to a lot of others.... and car tax is cheaper than my smaller car too :?

Our 4x4 is not a status symbol though and was bought for towing but it is an excellent family car all round 8):wink:

Ey up am I waffling again... :shock: Perhaps I need your scotch Bill :oops:

Well It?s just as well I didn?t go off on one of my anti 4x4?s then. :wink:

I reckon any car that has a relatively high driving position isn?t going to handle particularly well when it comes to any sort of sharp manoeuvring but that?s one of the trade off?s between comfort and visibility. My current car although not exactly mind blowingly fast, is sharp and predictable in sudden high-speed manoeuvres but on the down side, the visibility is poo and the ride doesn?t help my currently poorly back.

Begs the question though if the lady who had the accident had been driving a more conventional car could the outcome have been less unfortunate? :roll:

Bill :)

There is NO excuse for using a phone while driving a car full stop!! If the call is so important there is always an opportunity to stop in a safe place, park and make or return the call. There have been cases of ship's masters prosecuted for navigating ships in less stressed conditions for using mobile phones while "driving"! Come on people! A few minutes wait for a phone call is not the end of the world, but not waiting could mean the end of your, or some one else's life!! And I speak as someone who doesn't really give a toss either way. :wink::wink::wink::wink:

Seems an ex-footballer convicted of drink driving and killing 2 young kids on the M/Way - well British "justice" has prevailed ........ he's been sentenced to just over 7 years in prison. :shock::evil:
That's a stiff sentence for road deaths, doubt you could ask for more and well deserved.

The video doesn't show much, but the dad must be wondering 'if only' today, driving in the middle lane at 6am on empty roads. :evil: