Academy Way Taxi Rank

the taxi team

Passanger information:

please note if you want a taxi on academy way rank there is no need to wait in the private hire office or to take a ticket. The taxis on the rank will take you home on the meter (checked and sealed by w.b.c) or will fix a price with you. Some people who want to get in taxis are being told to take a ticket, this is wrong it is the customers choice. They can get a ticket at the private hire office and wait by all means,but if they wish to get in taxi waiting or choose to wait for a taxi they can.

thank you

More Passanger information

There as never been a ticket system only for Private hire only. People are free to use any of the Hackney cabs ( ie the balck or white cabs ) parked up in town or hail one down when they are showing there Yellow sign free for hire only . if they want too. but some prefers to use private hire because a system is in place you will be marshalled right into your vehicle at the right time and a record is kept of the driver whom took you. if you ever need to have a record. but most of all the customer as a right to choose. And as you know Private Hire is cheaper than a hackney rates set out by your selfs and the council.

thank you

Passanger information

For them who are not sure of the rates I have copied the following for you

thank you

Table Of Hackney Carriage Fares

The fare shall be calculated by distance unless the hirer expresses his/her desire to be charged by time at the commencement of the hiring.

A. Tariffs

MILEAGE TARIFF 1 (0700hrs - 2300hrs)

If the distance does not exceed 880 yards ?2.00

For each subsquent 110 yards ?0.10

Charge at first mile (1.6kms) ?2.80

Charge for each subsequent mile (up to 6 miles - 9.7kms) ?1.60

Charge for each further mile (1.6kms) ?2.40

MILEAGE TARIFF 2 (2300hrs - 0700hrs)

If the distance does not exceed 880 yards ?2.50

For each subsequent 110 yards ?0.15

Charge at the first mile (1.6kms) ?3.70

Charge for each subsequent mile (1.6kms) ?2.40

MILEAGE TARIFF 3 (24hrs all Bank & Public Holidays plus from 1800hrs Christmas and New Year's Eve)

If the distance does not exceed 880 yards ?3.40

For each subsequent 110 yards ?0.20

Charge for first mile *1.6kms) ?4.10

Charge for each subsequent mile (1.6kms) ?3.20

B. Waiting Time

For each completed 30 seconds - Tariff 1 ?0.10 Tariff 2 ?0.15 Tariff 3 ?0.20

C. Extra Charges

(1) For fouling the cab ?30.00

(2) For each article carried outside the passenger compartment ?0.10

(3) For carrying livestock (discretionary) - EXCEPT ASSISTANCE DOGS ?1.00

(4) For each bicycle or pram carried ?0.10

If you feel that you have been over charged by any of the following Hackney cads or Private hire.

1) First explain your concern to the driver to see if a mistake as not happened as most drivers can make mistakes and will refund right away.

2) At the same time take a notes of the vehicle?s plate number is not the registration. Remember the plate number which is located on the left hand side of the dash board of the cab or on the back side windows and must be on view at all times.

3) Ask for the drivers id number this is located on the drivers photo badge and this must be available at all times round the drivers neck or pined to his collar or on show on the dash board of the cab.

If your not happy with the out come or have any other reasons like misconduct then armed with all the above information or just one of the above you should then first contact in writing to Phil Barnes Licensing Officer, Warrington Borough Council, Palmyra House, Palmyra Square North, Warrington, or ring feel free to ring anytime within working hours and ask for Mr barnes and take notes of your call and time and what was said. as you may need them when no action is taken and you will need them for court when taken the council so here`s is the number (tel 442517)

Thank you

More Passanger information

There as never been a ticket system only for Private hire only. People are free to use any of the Hackney cabs ( ie the balck or white cabs ) parked up in town or hail one down when they are showing there Yellow sign free for hire only . if they want too. but some prefers to use private hire because a system is in place you will be marshalled right into your vehicle at the right time and a record is kept of the driver whom took you. if you ever need to have a record. but most of all the customer as a right to choose. And as you know Private Hire is cheaper than a hackney rates set out by your selfs and the council.

thank you[/quote

hackney cabs are not dearer. private hire are cheaper .there is a difference. the hackney rates are set due to true running cost and can only be put up within reason. where p/h can put theirs up or down to what ever they like when ever they like and know one can question it.i have done lots of jobs and been told i am cheaper. How ?????

1) i go the shortest practical way round from a to b

2) lots of p/h driver set there trips up to a mile before pick up and tell the customer that's what it is because it says on the sheet

3) p/h in warrington wont put in meters because they would have to charge the correct "office" rate and a lot of drivers add on and this can not be done with a sealed meter.

4) as 3/4 off p/h in warrington work for the same place that controls the price . but the owner of the p/h office does not have make a living on the passenger rates so they do not care how cheap he goes.

When you start to cut prices you end up with drivers not spending on there cars (ie maintenance etc) and that is dangerous. as warringon b c has NO taxi enforcement drivers can get away with it. but as long as the private hire bosses keep getting there money who cares.

hackney cabs are not dearer. private hire are cheaper .there is a difference. the hackney rates are set due to true running cost and can only be put up within reason. where p/h can put theirs up or down to what ever they like when ever they like and know one can question it.i have done lots of jobs and been told i am cheaper. How ?????

like i said PHs cheaper?

1) i go the shortest practical way round from a to b

good on you should well done

2) lots of p/h driver set there trips up to a mile before pick up and tell the customer that's what it is because it says on the sheet

nope never heard of that I can say that with hackney using tariff 3 when they should be on tariff 2

3) p/h in Warrington wont put in meters because they would have to charge the correct "office" rate and a lot of drivers add on and this cannot be done with a sealed meter.

They would have if needed but some have them in all ready

4) as 3/4 off p/h in Warrington work for the same place that controls the price. But the owner of the p/h office does not have make a living on the passenger rates so they do not care how cheap he goes.

All I know is that ?20 to the airport is cheap on PH

When you start to cut prices you end up with drivers not spending on their cars (ie maintenance etc) and that is dangerous. as warringon b c has NO taxi enforcement drivers can get away with it. but as long as the private hire bosses keep getting there money who cares.

But the thing is the informnet officer can take any one off the road if the car is not maintained easy as that and if the vehicle as been in an accedent it must also be checked before it back on the road

We are here to inform the public not to bicker about who is the best it?s your post on informing and I will do that no matter who look good or bad