Photocard Driving Licence

Paul Kennedy

Remember they need renewing every 10 years or you face a ?1000 fine, here is the story from The Daily Telegraph:

"The first batch of the licences was issued in July 1998 and drivers who failed to pay ?17.50 to renew them after ten years are breaking the law.

Just over 16,000 licences were due to be renewed this year but figures show only 11,566 have been. Another 300,000 are due to expire over the next 12 months.

However, many will be unaware they are breaking the law because the photocard licences do no display the expiry date clearly and critics claimed the Government has failed to publicise the need to renew properly."

The above is a salutary warning about things to come if they introduce ID cards :wink:

PS I've got one of the old paper ones....that only needs renewing when you are 70....or when you change address :wink:

Remember they need renewing every 10 years or you face a ?1000 fine, here is the story from The Daily Telegraph:

"The first batch of the licences was issued in July 1998 and drivers who failed to pay ?17.50 to renew them after ten years are breaking the law.

Just over 16,000 licences were due to be renewed this year but figures show only 11,566 have been. Another 300,000 are due to expire over the next 12 months.

However, many will be unaware they are breaking the law because the photocard licences do no display the expiry date clearly and critics claimed the Government has failed to publicise the need to renew properly."

The above is a salutary warning about things to come if they introduce ID cards :wink:

PS I've got one of the old paper ones....that only needs renewing when you are 70....or when you change address :wink:

:oops: I guess mine is ten years out of date then