NIMBY Lymm?

observer

Seems Lymm still maintains it's reputation as a no go area for planning applications (ww news) - certainly not "take aways". :shock: They are consigned to the inner area Wards, where Lymmites can drive in for their curry and chips! :wink:

You forgot to add the bit about driving their Porsche Cayenne to the takeaway Obs!! :lol:

SH vs LYMM .......... the money is definately in Lymm :shock::wink:

Most of the people coming into SH to eat and drink are from outisde the area. :wink:

I feel sorry for Lymm as it is missing out on such a lot because of the NIMBY attitude of the WBC councillors who live there.... the very same ones that never bat an eyelid or object when all the other areas are subject to approval for more restaurants, take-aways, developments etc.

Poor Lymm is being left behind the rest in 'Warringtons vision for the future' and will have to remain a cosy little village after all :wink::roll:

Good grief Obs that was a bit below the belt.

Think of the possible impact on the green belt and trees from possible contamination from the use of various washing powders and fabric conditoners not to mention the obvious imapct upon the 'street scene'. :wink:

Notice in todays news the Nimby Lymm Councillors and a few other bods have now got their Planning Dept to put off a decision on a new children's play area in an area of Lymm because of the bright colour of the proposed play equipment...... in a semi rural area......blah blah blah :roll::roll::roll:

What a load of shoe-makers' implements.

I'm not a Native of Lymm - I've only lived here 32 years - but I'd like to set the record straight from a long-term resident's viewpoint.

First, "the application for a take-away on the Heatley Mere estate." I can well understand why the residents don't want it. The estate is packed with as many houses as can possibly be fitted into a small space so car parking can't be easy if you've more than one vehicle. The retail units are bang in the middle of the housing so there's not going to be any space to accomodate the cars of the take-away's customers. These customers will have to drive to the take-away as the whole estate is 2 miles out of the village and not within easy walking distance of - anything really.

Second, "we're all wealthy in Lymm". Will you lot get a Life please?

There are parts of the village where the houses are very expensive, just like any where else in Warrington. There are a lot of new estates with ridiculously priced houses and there also a lot of people working all the hours God sends to meet the mortgage repayments. That is their choice, and I haven't a lot of sympathy, but these estates aren't any higher priced than others in the Borough. There are also an awful lot of people like me who live in nice but unglamourous homes. Not every house in Lymm is in the ?million bracket, for God's sake, and not every villager is a high-earning yuppy.

I get very teed off when members of this forum start to slag off the people of Lymm. If your envy and bitterness needs a channel why not look at some areas of Stockton Heath? Why not look at Warrington's outer villages where a standard semi-detached (like mine) is regarded as a hovel?

Touched a nerve somewhere I guess :roll:

Firstly I am not envious or bitter towards anyone who lives in Lymm.

What you fail to understand is that a lot of people all over Warrington are sick of take aways, developments and much more besides...

Yes, the take aways in Lymm may cause you parking problems, yes you probably don't like the thought of cramped housing developments and no-where to park, what a shame that other people may have to drive to get a take away in your village or maybe come into a new restaurant for a meal.......

Fact is Katy that the council continue to approve the very same things in other areas that you are quite rightly against... difference being that the head of the council and other so called decision makers/speakers live in Lymm and they continually protect what is 'theirs' and yet have no interest at all in protecting anywhere else :roll:

It's so obvious and why it has become somewhat a joke over the past few years :lol:

And your reply says it all. We're not all "against other parts of the borough". Why does the very name Lymm produce such an antagonistic response in so many inhabitants of Warrington? I can only cite ignorance and envy.

You know, I feel sorry for you with your narrow views on what is, after all, just another part of your town. OK, if you want to play that way, Lymm's an attractive village with a beautiful area - Lymm Dam. We live here and you don't - tough! We pay Council Tax, just like you, and we have lousy road surfaces, just like you, and our kids have to go to school, just like yours.

We aren't all wealthy in Lymm, a point you choose to ignore, and we don't all live in new, expensive houses.

And your reply says it all. We're not all "against other parts of the borough".

And your reply says what Katy.... you are completely ignoring my point fo some reason. :wink: Do you have any 'well known' friends or relations :roll:

Why does the very name Lymm produce such an antagonistic response in so many inhabitants of Warrington? I can only cite ignorance and envy.

As I've already said, it doesn't with me.... it's not the place or it's residents that cause such responses. And once again I am not ignorant or envious roll:

You know, I feel sorry for you with your narrow views on what is, after all, just another part of your town.

Who's got narrow views :?:

OK, if you want to play that way, Lymm's an attractive village with a beautiful area - Lymm Dam.

It's a lovely village and I hope it stays that way. Just a pitty others dont.

Lymm Damm is as you say a beautiful area especially after it's latest ?24,000 revamp of it's footpaths :wink:

We live here and you don't - tough! We pay Council Tax, just like you, and we have lousy road surfaces, just like you, and our kids have to go to school, just like yours.

Very grown up..... and you are still completely ignoring the actual points I was making in the first place :roll:

We aren't all wealthy in Lymm, a point you choose to ignore, and we don't all live in new, expensive houses.

Wasn't ignoring it all Kate but once again that was not the point I was actually making :roll:

Now girls. Behave.

Dismayed.

I wish our councillors were as good at protecting Latchford West. And no doubt, if yours had been the school would still be there and less eating establishments.

I would also suggest, that Lymm has been ruined by all the development over the last few years.

Kate. Stop biting. :wink:

Sorry, Dismayed, but your points don't come over very clearly. You still seem to imply that we, in Lymm, are all wealthy, self-indulgent, inhabitants of a "Shangri lah" part of Warrington. That's utter rubbish. You should not make assumptions based on your preconceptions. Some of us are as "ordinary" as you.

I wasn't going to bother replying but thought it rude so....

Kate, I appologise if you are still having trouble understanding my posts and the points I was actually making......but can you please tell me WHERE I have implied that the residents in Lymm are all

wealthy, self-indulgent, inhabitants of a "Shangri lah" part of Warrington.
I HAVEN'T !

and I also have NEVER portrayed you as a well heeled yuppee either. :roll:

I won't bother explaining what I meant again as you keep ignoring the actual point I am making as you don't understand, so we'll just call it quits eh :wink::D

Now girls. Behave.

Dismayed.

I wish our councillors were as good at protecting Latchford West. And no doubt, if yours had been the school would still be there and less eating establishments.

I always behave Peter :lol:

I wish our councillors had as much clout too :wink: A point I was trying to make. Although I don't particularly have much faith in some of the ones at the top and in between (who shall of course remain nameless), I'm sure that if they did live in our areas we wouldn't be all be subjected to the high degree of developer vandalism and 'so what' attitude to everything else that we are all having to become accustomed too. I'm not into this 'ooh sorry it's not in my constituency so I can't really get involved' attitude :roll:

As for the new school here... just a pitty that it will have cost twice as much as expected and the funding will have been taken from 'other' local budgets and money pots.

BUT saying that it does look quite nice actually and I am pleasantly suprised. Hope the kids love it when they start back tomorrow, which I'm sure they will, and I hope it lasts well :D:wink: