...it made me smile :-)

Latchford Locks

I found this witty little story whilst trawling the web earlier,

think it's worth sharing :)

The BBC have announced today that Mark Lawrenson has finished his re-eduction programme within the corporation, and as is procedure with all BBC staff will now be obliged to make anti rugby league comments at every opportunity even if the item is nothing to do with rugby league and even if they know nothing about the game the Beeeb wishes/insists all its presenters to be anti rugby league.

The BBC have admitted that they still have some staff who enjoy the great game, but in time they to will have to be re-educated. the middle and upper class of person/s who run the programes would like it known that RL is not a chaps game so they will only give minor coverage at all times, except of course when there is bad news about the game when they will put it on the front page of all sports sections.

It brightened up my Friday............................

The BBC only started to broadcast RL as a spoiler for ITV's wrestling. In those days we had Eddie Wareing who must be the worst commentator on any sporting event. In the modern era the the best the BBC can do in the way of commentary is the equally awful Ray French. Sky TV presenters aren't much better with Stevo and Hemmings. Stevo keeps saying *He's a big unit* What on earth is that supposed to mean ? The only big units I know of are articulated tractor units. And what's with this momentum rule he keeps on about in regard to forward passes ? As far as I'm concerned the only qualification about forward passes is that if the ball travels forward it's a forward pass ! The best commentator the BBC had was Keith Macklin. I don't know if he's still with us, he must be 80 years old. He's from Earlestown so naturally he's quality.

Did anyone watch the Channel M early season friendly games coverage,not the most technicaly advanced but honest and down to earth with no Stevonism's but good honest Lancastrian commentary.

A bit like when ITV had a spell covering games in the early80's

.http://www.channelm.co.uk/programmes/index/0/2/code_xiii.html

The BBC only started to broadcast RL as a spoiler for ITV's wrestling. In those days we had Eddie Wareing who must be the worst commentator on any sporting event. In the modern era the the best the BBC can do in the way of commentary is the equally awful Ray French. Sky TV presenters aren't much better with Stevo and Hemmings. Stevo keeps saying *He's a big unit* What on earth is that supposed to mean ? The only big units I know of are articulated tractor units. And what's with this momentum rule he keeps on about in regard to forward passes ? As far as I'm concerned the only qualification about forward passes is that if the ball travels forward it's a forward pass ! The best commentator the BBC had was Keith Macklin. I don't know if he's still with us, he must be 80 years old. He's from Earlestown so naturally he's quality.

Keith Macklin is still going strong I think - he certainly was last season.

Usually in some far flung out post.

Your mate Paul Cullen would be a good commentator! :wink: