Peace Centre?

observer

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put simply (and please correct me if I am wrong Obs) He believes that Mrs Newlove is exploiting (not the right word but you know what I mean) the death of her husband to gain media attention and public sympathy in order to achieve a lasting memorial to him (be it physical or in name)............... In a similar way that the peace ranch was built in the memory of the two young kids murdered by some terrorist coward in Bridge Street.

Personally; having been there, I don't blame her.... and if she manages to get the Police more focused on tackling the yob culture rather than the motorist; then good for her

Put simply (and please correct me if I am wrong Obs)

Personally; having been there, I don't blame her.... and if she manages to get the Police more focused on tackling the yob culture rather than the motorist; then good for her

Allegedly, since moving from the area, allegations are coming from her camp, stating that nothing has changed.

This is untrue, as anyone from that area or who has knowledge of that area, can tell you. The PCSO's have made an immense difference to the area and the criminal activities have been greatly reduced. hence my comment about the angst of the natives.

To use the media in this way, who allegedly "stage" incidents for the cameras to support their arguments, is wrong and one recalls the media hype after the bombings.

My comments are as a poster NOT a moderator, and a frequent visitor to the area.

As a Patron of the Peace Centre I would like to say that if any individual wants to share their grief publicly that it down to them.

For some people this is a coping mechanism for dealing with their grief.

If someone who loses a child or a loved one wants to keep their memory alive in any way they can, that is their own decision.

If something good comes from it even better.

The Warrington bombing was a major turning point in the peace process and much of this was down to the way Colin Parry and others in the town responded in a positive way to tragedy.

We now need to make a stand against the yob culture which is robbing us of innocent lives.

If a grieving widow wants to keep her husband's memory alive let her get on with it.

Some people put in memory notices in their local news papers, others visit graves, others publicly outpour their feelings - putting it simply we all deal with grief in different ways and should not judge others on how they deal with their grief.

If you don't like what you see or read, don't buy or watch what "offends" you. It is a free country you know! :roll:

As a Patron of the Peace Centre I would like to say that if any individual wants to share their grief publicly that it down to them.

For some people this is a coping mechanism for dealing with their grief.

If someone who loses a child or a loved one wants to keep their memory alive in any way they can, that is their own decision.

If something good comes from it even better.

The Warrington bombing was a major turning point in the peace process and much of this was down to the way Colin Parry and others in the town responded in a positive way to tragedy.

We now need to make a stand against the yob culture which is robbing us of innocent lives.

If a grieving widow wants to keep her husband's memory alive let her get on with it.

Some people put in memory notices in their local news papers, others visit graves, others publicly outpour their feelings - putting it simply we all deal with grief in different ways and should not judge others on how they deal with their grief.

If you don't like what you see or read, don't buy or watch what "offends" you. It is a free country you know! :roll:

Hear Hear

If that had happened to my Partner i would shout it from the Rooftops if it got people to listen. Then i would have taken the law into my own hands and those children/yobs would not have walked into court at all.

It has done alot of good for the community that she stood up and spoke about it.

Tragically, these victims (for some reason) have to search for some "meaning" in the death of their loved one; there is none. :shock: Wrong place at the wrong time, or as the Yanks say " s**t happens"; you just have to get over it - hopefully in private, and move on. :roll: As for the cretins who are now appealing against their sentence; it would be interesting to know if there is any trace of remorse - somehow I doubt it - which suggests all the candles in the world, or mausoleums ain't going to correct the situation. :cry:

The trouble is Obs; there is no justice for the victims families or at least none that is worth talking about. In my case, the murderer got life.After 11 years and despite my protestations to the contrary he was moved to an open prison where he befriended and female prison visitor and then promptly murdered her while on a day out (Unsupervised of course)

Punishment for life takers of all types in this country is a joke. Mrs Newlove will realise this even more. There will be appeals there will be parole hearings and eventually the murderers will be released back into the community with ;little or no notice to the family. That is the way it is.....

I never saw the need to shout stuff from the rooftops or the need for shrines and god knows what else; I got on with it as has been said and I now have a lovely wife and a little boy as well as my oldest son from my first marriage. Those are my reasons to carry on now.... not ghosts from the past

I hope that any new "peace" buildings are nothing like the one we've got now, because that one is built dangerously within the minimum safe distance from the trans-ethylene pipeline and is thus at risk of a catastrophic explosion should anything untoward happen to said pipeline. I remember at the time the HSE objected to the proposals, but it was a political imperative to approve the peace-centre scheme. Hence we have a building dedicated to those who lost their lives in an explosion at risk of being destroyed by an explosion :cry:

• 1 month later...

Excuse me, folks, I had a debate with Obs on this topic 2 years ago and none of you had the guts to join in then.

Let's make this plain and simple.

The Warrington Peace Centre fills a dangerous gap in practical work in peace and reconciliation and helping with victims. I'd advise you to read the Legacy Report, ahem, cough cough. The point is that it is a living memorial, as in it being a practical place of education.

Plus, don't forget, the need for reconciliation between Britain and Ireland. Bear in mind, as I have been banging on about again and again, and maybe one day the lesson will sink in, the Irish Problem is NOT a local dispute about religious beliefs. It's a national problem of two rival nationalisms. British and Irish in a region where the distinction between British and Irish is blurred, creating a dispute in a region where the UK Government absconded for 50 years and left it under the misrule of a paranoid and insecure and corrupt Unionist sub-government fearful of the IRA and the Irish Government, resulting in discrimination against Nationalists and an eventual dispute within Unionism splitting it giving a unique opportunity to troublemakers lusting for power, seeing how weakly the Province was governed. This resulted in power hungry terrorists on both sides arising. Far from an illogical thing then, but rather extremely logical was for the IRA to cruelly and viciously exploit and hurt a confused and indifferent English public standing aside from a problem little understood, in the vain and arrogant hope that the ordinary people of Britain and Ireland would end up at each other's throats.

Far from the Peace Centre being some kind of mistake, it is actually something which came about 20 YEARS LATE.

And since Ulster is 'that thing over there' and with the boredom factor and so on, a bomb closer to home will get more attention. (And cause hurt to the bereaved over here getting less attention, yet causing hurt to the English victims getting more attention in the long term, but suffering more due to isolation and a misplaced stoicism in their victimhood. Resulting in the disgraceful neglect of English victims in the long term.

The Peace Centre plugs this gap, so cruelly exploited by the scum in the Ra. (IRA)

Advice:

Before any bigmouth blabs off again, may I point you back to Colin Parry's speech at Tim's funeral. And if you search hard enough, an excellent speech a few years ago he made to Ulster politicians which leaves the terrorists with no excuses and nowhere to hide. A selfish person only caring about his own child or making attention from a tragedy COULD NOT HAVE MADE THOSE SPEECHES.

Secondly, a certain bigmouth on this website once referred to 'making a career out of a tragedy'. Mr. Parry's career and money making comes from HR consultation part-time. So meh to that one. Get yer facts straight before shooting off!

I cannot comment on Fearnhead.

But get this. Coming from where I am, I come a population disapproving of terrorism or its root causes, and as such am entitled to scepticism more than you. We had the bad precedent of what went wrong with the Peace People in 1978. Another story I will tell of if you request it.

The Peace Centre I believe will stand the test of time, but you must support it. They have been doing sterling work with the very pupils from which the 7/7 bombers emerged. Interestingly enough, the 7/7 bombers did not come from faith schools, as far as I know. I think too much is credited to faith schools. And I won't be sending my kids, if I have any, to one.

The Loyalist terrorists didn't come from faith schools, and their churches were Loyalist pubs, dens of iniquity, hives of scum and villainy like the former Bunch of Grapes and the Great Eastern, and the late, unlamented Avenue One, where evil 'Doris Day' Jim Gray ruled.

So for those of you paranoid about the church railings going to decapitate you due to 9/11 and 7/7, book yourselves a spot in the Peace Centre. You might get cured. :lol:

Oh Goonerman, you are so obsessed with NI and religion, hmmm,

I'm more obsessed with writing science fiction crossover stories and listening to electronic music and getting off this to prepare for my Classical Studies exam! :P

The Peace Centre is not a shrine. It is intensely practical and educational and in fact is the ideal way for the parents to move on. Which they are. It keeps them sane, and the terrorists are even sending their children to make sure they turn out differently. Rotten wood? Eh? Nope.

Perhaps it's the Warrington Peace Centre's detractors who need to move on. As do the idiots over here. :roll:

Thank you Peter.

As for Obbs, maybe if some Warringtonians took their heads out of their posteriors they might just recognise there are bigger issues at stake. Then I wouldn't need any words at all.

Wolfie- stick to the colouring books. Funny how the kids who go to the Peace Centre could understand my point in their sleep and you can't, apparently. Pathetic and embarrassing. :lol: