Councillor's Street Surgeries - Nothing new about that

Geoffrey Settle

Interesting reading on the front page today about councillors getting out and about in the South of Warrington - but hold on they've been doing so in the north for many a year. I've been out with councillors in the rain :wink:

Still it has been sunny recently and I suppose that some councillors are looking a bit yellow around the gills and do need a bit of colour in their cheeks 8) or :oops:

:lol::wink:

It's ok hitting the streets and doors as long as the intention is to actively work to resolve the issues put before you. We can but live in hope eh and if that is what happens then credit where credit is due :wink:

As I've said before though on another thread simply listening is not enough and achieves nothing :cry:

Nice one Paul - at least smilies aren't libellous - do you know they even send extracts from this site to the Standards Board for England - I have written confirmation. :wink:

Well that's just fown right pathetic. What ever happened to freedom of speech these days :lol::roll:

What goes around often comes around and vice versa and will often be dismissed in the very same way :D:wink:

Freedom of speech ended years ago. Now, if you say anything you are slandering, libeling, being racist, sexist, ageist or just downright wrong!

10 years of Labours European PC nonsense has seen off any freedoms we had in this country!

Your free to say anything you want; "providing" you begin with "In my opinion" or you can phrase your comment as a question EG: "when did you stop beating your wife"? :wink: The Standards Board is a device to be used by inadequate politicians to undermine other politicians who they can't defeat in a verbal fencing match. :wink: It doesn't apply to non-politicians; which leaves them with the expense of a law suit for defamation, if they can afford it. :roll: As for Geoff; I couldn't imagine anybody trying to catch a sprat, when there are plenty of sharks about! :wink:

That's good news then, I'm no longer a tiny councillor of the parish type (mind you all 3 accusations against me were proved to be unfounded - it's often all in the mind of the beholder as you say)

So now I can sleep easy I won't get brought before the standards committee for posting on here and I'm a stickleback swimming in Padgate Brook - much calmer waters these days. :D

I like the ideas of your questions approach obs. I could face my Standards accuser and say 'Remember the accusations that you used to make about your new LIB/DEM colleagues before you defected, do you still feel the same way?'

Is that the sort of thing you mean obs?

I belive he'll be on a street corner near me soon so I'm sure that I will get my chance. :wink: