Lost Treasures 2

Keithy T

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was leaving it your capable hands MIB as the thread looks nice and lively. Yup it's Leek and Holywell this Lewis Hamilton Free Week followed by the Liverpool ep. I just want to add to Gary's comment that forums like this do help us get the word out and so thank you once again for the opportunity.

Great to have Lost Treasure back and hello Sherlock Bones.

For information on the latest dig and discoveries check out the forum thread just started on the burial mound at Newton-Le-Wilows complete with plenty of pictures. Fantastic experience for myself and the whole of my team.

Time to repeat the experience in Wales this weekend - come and join us at Wilderness Farm, Wrexham, just type it into the search engine for details and turn up. See you all when I get back :angelwings:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody :biggrinbounce:

Back from the dig at Wrexham etc. and someone said there was a thread on here discussing the end of the Lost Treasures Series 2 - possibly called 'Hats Off To Mark Olly' ??? I'll be damned if I can find it ! Shame it sounded interesting.

I hope everyone managed to catch all 8 episodes as we had a two week break when the motor racing was on - a run of 6, a 2 week gap, then 2 episodes finishing at Liverpool.

Somewhere in the middle of all that we also had 'Rome's Lost Mega Fortress' one hour special on Sky History Channel and I've been reliably informed that repeats of this highly revealing program have already begun - and that repeats of the first Lost Treasures 6 part series continue.

Latest news is that ITV Granada are favourably considering a third series, hopefully to be comissioned before the end of this year and full of the usual collection of entirely new discoveries along side existing or little known material presented with a new slant. 'Mega Fortress' illustrated the point that most viewers probably don't realise just how much of our program material is entirely new.

So It's back to dirt archaeology for me despite flooded trenches ! That's my bit done for 'The Thread' - keep it up guys, Lost Treasures is far from dead - just resting :angelwings:

• 1 month later...

Just a quick note to say that the second series of Lost Treasures (all 8 episodes including those that quite a few folks missed) is running on:

Monday nights on Sky History Channel at 10pm / History Plus at 10.30pm AND:

Repeated Tuesday Mornings History Channel 9am / History Plus at 9.30am,

From Monday 3rd September for the next 8 weeks.

Happy viewing folks :angelwings:

• 10 months later...

Anyone watch last nights program? Mostlt around Appleton and Hillcliffe.

Thoroughly enjoyed it as I knew all the places that wre covered.

Hadn't realised that the Pewtespeare area had so much history. Thought the fancy statues etc were an architect doodling. :oops:

Anyone watch last nights program? Mostlt around Appleton and Hillcliffe.

Thoroughly enjoyed it as I knew all the places that wre covered.

Hadn't realised that the Pewtespeare area had so much history. Thought the fancy statues etc were an architect doodling. :oops:

I missed it :evil: I specifically set the new blummin dvd recorder to record it and it didn't work.... not impressed and I now hate technology :cry: Is there a repeat scheduled ?????

Saw the one about Stockton Heath the other week and it was fantastic, I could watch Mr Olly every night as he's an excellent presenter and his programmes are fascinating..... if only they weren't on so early.