Lost Treasures 2

Keithy T

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello to TLC, TMM & all :bounce:

My PA Sharon says she still wants the Blue Peter Badge and I'll call in some time time to collect the WWW stickers - but lets face it, if I won the ?50 people would think it was fixed ! And when I am I ever in this area to be 'spotted' ?

Good to see the healthy debate generated in the forum so far - it makes me want to be a posting pest a bit more - can't let TMM have all the punch lines :angelwings:

Hello Mary, Eagle, Gary & all

Just flew in from a major prehistoric dig at Haydock and picked up messages so posted this.

Fancy James not knowing what a 'PA' is !!! 'Personal Assistant'. She has badgered me to web connect & spend time in cyberspace (and still wants that Blue Peter Badge). Fancy James not knowing what a PA is - & being sponsored by a metal detector manufacturer (!!!) is that a good thing for an archaeologist ? Or does that make him a metal detectorist ? Maybe we should re-name Warburton 'Ebayicuum' ? Am I allowed to crack jokes Gary ? :bounce: Might generate some healthy debate.

As you know we fully support the use of archaeological metal detectorists and feature them in Lost Treasures - but what does the forum think ? Were we right to include metal detectorists in Lost Treasures as being part of the archaeological community or should it be banned as is the view of certain other TV shows ?

Anyway - time to return to my prehistoric excavations :angelwings:

:D Mark of course I know what a PA is, Iv'e worked in TV land since 1992. I was surrounded by PA's during my Time Team programme and had my own for my BBC inside Out feature !!!!

Yes I am an archaeologist who uses detecting as a research tool. I only detect regularly ploughed and cultivated ground so I am not moving artefacts from any form of context 8)

Metal detectors ? depends where you want to draw the line with them ............ are they a hobby ? (which mostly they are) or a serious tool for archaeological use ?? much the same as saying are people who only use detectors REALLY archaeologists ? does a person merit being called an archaeologist unless they have at least a bachelors or masters in the subject ?? where DO you draw the line ??

Where is Lost Treasure when you need him ? Come on mate, get us back to the thread.

Great to hear from Dawn - we have lots of projects under way - but that's a secret and I'd have to kill you all !!! Flying saucers, production companies, rock bands, and selling our soul to the USA :o

Lost Treasures are back from this Sunday for 2 weeks at 6pm - Leek then Liverpool - and it's 'eye popping' stuff. Watch and post me your views here - after all it's what this thread is for :angelwings: