Plane Stupid.

The attempt by two drunken women to open the cabin door at 30,000 feet, on a return flight from Kos, is yet another example of binge drinking yobbery; and hopefully they will be made to pay the costs caused to the airline. :evil: Having said that; who was selling them the booze on the plane in the first place, and if they were drunk before boarding; why wern't they prevented from boarding - seems the airlines ask for this kind of thing too. :shock::wink:

Why should there be ANY limit to the amount of drink .... there should be NONE !! if smokers have to go without a cig on a plane for hours why can't people do without drink also ??!! Sorry Mary but why have one rule for one and one for another ?? it's even worse when the alcohol kicks in with some of em and they start getting 'mouthy' :roll: OR as we used to call them 'elastic jaws' :roll::roll:

I think it IS possible to open the door - if you know how. :? At 30,000ft they would have been sucked out of the plane, and anyone else close by, then the oxy masks would drop and the pilot would dive to 10,000ft. :shock: The two binged up slappers would be dead before they hit the ground. :wink:

Thanks, Bill. I was once on an airplane where a six year old child was fascinated with the escape door and actually laid hands on it, trying to turn, unsuccessfully. After all, there were painted arrows on it suggesting that it be turned, right? Some of my hair turned white. The child was carried off by its parent, but I later inquired if the door was operable while in the air and assured that was inoperable in the air. Still...doubts remained. Now, I can sleep at nights again.

Errrrm, we have a positive pressure INSIDE the plane, with a negative pressure OUTSIDE the plane? :?:wink:

Exactly!! Therefore it is impossible to open the doors while there is a pressure differential. If you watch the cabin crew closing the doors, they pull the doors into the cabin and then push them into the opening. The doors are held closed by internal cabin pressure.

:wink::wink:

The infection rate is probably not included in any stats, as many minor cases may not be reported (which I know from personal experience on two occasions now!). :shock: One woman received a circular letter from an airline, saying that she should visit her GP due to a TB case on her flight! :shock: Sure enough, she was diagnosed with TB, and she hadn't sat anywhere near the TB case. :shock: There are also claims, that toxins from hydraulcs and fuel are taken into the air recirculation. :wink: