Undercliffe House?

P J

For demelzadoe,

I am not too familiar with Stockton Heath but I did find Undercliffe Lodge but not Undercliff House. Perhaps it is still there but I looked in the wrong place, maybe somebody knows its whereabouts and could give directions.

I took a few of the lodge anyway for you.

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1591-1.jpg

IMG_1594-1.jpg

The side view looks vaguely familiar, but not the front, it's got to be there, I worked there for three years from early 1968 to late 1970, when it was the department of Public Buildings and Works, the address my mum wrote to was cnr London Road and Dingleway, I went out and bought salad rolls from Sayers and meat and potato pies from the London Bridge. I can't find any history of Undercliffe House, supposedly haunted by some bloke who dragged his leg, I had an experience, after hearing such stories, where I was in the de-mountable all alone one lunchtime, leaning against the heater daydreaming when the teapot on the counter top in the room slid clear across from one side to the other, I've never moved so fast in my life, I was out of there, smack into Peter Hilton, I was hysterical, no problem says he, it's just an old building, when the trucks go up London Road things tend to vibrate and move around. What a relief.

London Bridge is still London Bridge, Thanks for that.

The side view looks vaguely familiar, but not the front, it's got to be there, I worked there for three years from early 1968 to late 1970, when it was the department of Public Buildings and Works, the address my mum wrote to was cnr London Road and Dingleway, I went out and bought salad rolls from Sayers and meat and potato pies from the London Bridge. I can't find any history of Undercliffe House, supposedly haunted by some bloke who dragged his leg, I had an experience, after hearing such stories, where I was in the de-mountable all alone one lunchtime, leaning against the heater daydreaming when the teapot on the counter top in the room slid clear across from one side to the other, I've never moved so fast in my life, I was out of there, smack into Peter Hilton, I was hysterical, no problem says he, it's just an old building, when the trucks go up London Road things tend to vibrate and move around. What a relief.

London Bridge is still London Bridge, Thanks for that.

There are some flats which are called Undercliff House(just found them on the internet). Do you think this could be the place but refurbished?

There are some flats which are called Undercliff House(just found them on the internet). Do you think this could be the place but refurbished?

That is definately the building, the top window on the right of the side view was Mr. Strange's office, I recognise the front except for the black and white, looks like AD 1882 up there. I suppose the surrounding grounds would be big enough to fit 100 apartments. Nice to see that it hasn't been bulldozed like so much of my past.

That is definately the buildings, the top window on the right of the side view was Mr. Strange's office, I recognise the front except for the black and white, looks like AD 1882 up there. I suppose the surrounding grounds would be big enough to fit 100 apartments. Nice to see that it hasn't been bulldozed like so much of my past.

Demelzadoe,

The 1st and 3rd pictures show different building which must be why you don't recognise the black and white tudor part. the 3rd picture shows a building now called the Gable end and the 1st picture is of Undercliff Lodge. I saw the flats Paul refered to when I went up but i didn't think they were the place you meant. I'm glad we got there in the end though :D

Thanks all for the compliments about the piccys too, it does help to bolster my ego :wink: