Gas to increase by 70%!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With an average gas bill of over a ?1,000pa; what are you going to cut back on to survive? :shock::wink:

If you don't want to cut back and you wnat to save money you seriously need to check out this website http://www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk/store/index.taf?exref=605676

If you sign up for your gas and/or electric you can even have a broadband package which gives you your line rental and all your landline calls free 24/7.

I can even arrange a free no obligation utility audit and no contracts are involved!

Too old for swapping and changing, you finish up forgetting where you started - what happened to getting gas from the gas co, electric from the electric co etc?! :roll::wink:

We'll you get what you deserve! :roll:

Latest news on Utility Warehouse Telecom Plus!

More great press for Utility Warehouse

Last week's Mail on Sunday (13th July) carried an article advising readers looking for a sound investment to buy

shares in Telecom plus.

This is great news in itself, but it was made even better by the paper's ringing endorsement of the strength of

our business model. The Mail on Sunday says that against the backdrop of growing financial uncertainty and

rising prices, being able to save people money means that we are 'onto a winner'. And for customers looking to

save money across the full range of household utilities, joining Utility Warehouse is a 'tempting prospect'.

The Which? Broadband Awards

The awards were held in June and Utility Warehouse was nominated as best broadband provider. We finished in

the runner-up position, with a niche provider (Zen Internet) just beating us to top spot.

While we were naturally disappointed not to win, to reach this stage of such a high-profile and prestigious award

is a great endorsement of our product and service, and one of which we should all be very proud.

In terms of value for money however, we are head and shoulders ahead of Zen. Our customers save:

? ?12 per month (compared to Zen) if they are on Broadband Max

? ?7 per month (compared to Zen) if they are on Broadband Standard

? ?3 per month (compared to Zen) if they are on Broadband Light

? Not to mention Zen's ?47 connection charge and their additional equipment charges.

So The Mail on Sunday and Which? agree: Utility Warehouse is a great business, with great products

and customer service - and a great future!

If anyone would like more information on how to save money or even earn money by joining our team simply email me at garys@warrington-worldwide.co.uk

Be warned about switching supplier especialy if you are with any dual fuel schemes you may be on I had a frickin nightmare with them.

I switched about four years ago from them

I was on the dual fuel plan with an outstanding balance.

when they got the cancel notice they sent me out a gas bill of about ?140

saying they cannot transfer my account until all balances are settled.

so straight away I paid the full amount

a week later I got the electricity bill saying the same with a bill for about ?290 again I paid..

all done you think....no

and dont aks me how this works

when you pay them the gas they split it with the outstanding electric 50/50

so ?70 went to gas, ?70 ent to electric.

resulting in mynow having an outstanding ?70 gas and ?220 electric for a week

and so the account stays open another week, a week later they got the ?290, so ?70 went to gas, ?220 to electric, but by then of course they were the bills from readings at the time of closure a month before and more gas/electricity was used, they didnt rush on this and of course I thought the accounts were now transfered to new supplier, until about another few weeks goes by and I get another gas bill for about ?80 and I think, Im sure I paid this off. so again I send them the ?80, which again gets split to the new electric, menwhile I get final demands on outsanding ?40 from gas another week later, and all these diffrent figures coming through for gas bnills with diffrent periods drags on for three months of me arguing that all bills have been paid instantly.

meanwhile they wont close the account, meanwhile they rack up more gas/electric.

BE VERY WARY !!!

Be warned about switching supplier especialy if you are with any dual fuel schemes you may be on I had a frickin nightmare with them.

I switched about four years ago from them

I was on the dual fuel plan with an outstanding balance.

when they got the cancel notice they sent me out a gas bill of about ?140

saying they cannot transfer my account until all balances are settled.

so straight away I paid the full amount

a week later I got the electricity bill saying the same with a bill for about ?290 again I paid..

all done you think....no

and dont aks me how this works

when you pay them the gas they split it with the outstanding electric 50/50

so ?70 went to gas, ?70 ent to electric.

resulting in mynow having an outstanding ?70 gas and ?220 electric for a week

and so the account stays open another week, a week later they got the ?290, so ?70 went to gas, ?220 to electric, but by then of course they were the bills from readings at the time of closure a month before and more gas/electricity was used, they didnt rush on this and of course I thought the accounts were now transfered to new supplier, until about another few weeks goes by and I get another gas bill for about ?80 and I think, Im sure I paid this off. so again I send them the ?80, which again gets split to the new electric, menwhile I get final demands on outsanding ?40 from gas another week later, and all these diffrent figures coming through for gas bnills with diffrent periods drags on for three months of me arguing that all bills have been paid instantly.

meanwhile they wont close the account, meanwhile they rack up more gas/electric.

BE VERY WARY !!!

Not sure who your attack is launched at - but with Utility warehouse you have a "local agent" and a help desk based in the UK.

Everyone who has signed up with me has never had to change anyway because they know they are getting the best deal.

The reason for the increase, so they say, is that gas prices are directly linked to the oil price, OK. :roll: So we have loads of gas coming through the same pipes to common terminals, being stored in common tanks, and then distributed throughout the Country through a common network of feeder pipes. :? All the SAME gas. :shock: Now can someone explain, where the competition that allows seperate companies to offer different price variations, enters into the equation? :roll::wink:

The fact that different companies are able to offer different prices for the same product is competition. If there was only one supplier it would be a monopoly and that one company would be able to charge whatever they liked. So I cannot understand why you are objecting to several companies trying to sell you the product at a smaller price than you would have had to pay to a single monopoly supplier. All you have to do is use the computer you obviously have and use your fingers to get the gas and electricity from the supplier(s) who charge the least. NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!! :roll::roll:

I think you have to have a BT landline to get the benefit of the above.

Eh :?: Why do you need a BT phone line to switch your gas and electric to Utility Warehouse :?:

I want to switch suppliers pdq as my British Gas 'lower for 2 years' has just run out and it's now going up by 2p per kwh that's before any other increases :shock:

Has anyone swithced to EON as they just sent me a 'price promise letter' but they don't actually say what their price promise tarif is which always makes me wonder :?

I'm with Virgin Media for broadband and phone, and as Peter has pointed out to change I would have to get a BT line installed, plus I would havwe to pay more for my TV! :wink::wink:

Actually my colleague was with NTL (Now Virgin media) he has found it a much better package having a BT landline put in - switching it over to Telecom Plus after 12 weeks and then benefitting from cheaper gas, electricity, phone calls, and getting a sky package - "Sky Plus was the best thing I ever did," he says!

I was with Cable and Wireless, then NTL and now Virgin.. never had a problem with any of them and my newly added brill Broadband is only ?4 a month.

So WHY cant I just switch my gas and electric to your lot Gary and leave my TV, phone and broadband as it is?

I don't understand and surely you should never carry all your eggs in one basket.

• 2 weeks later...

Eh... that's what I wanted to have but earlier in this thread someone I couldn't do that.

I want to keep my virgin phone, TV and broadband... but I dont care who supplies my gas and electric as long are they are cheaper :shock::wink:

Guess I need to ring utility warehouse

I was with Cable and Wireless, then NTL and now Virgin.. never had a problem with any of them and my newly added brill Broadband is only ?4 a month.

So WHY cant I just switch my gas and electric to your lot Gary and leave my TV, phone and broadband as it is?

I don't understand and surely you should never carry all your eggs in one basket.

You can and I can arrange it! :roll:

• 2 weeks later...