Unofficial taxi rank, London Road, Stockton Heath.

21GoodLife

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you see the public have no knowledge of the Taxi trades what so ever. This is why doing this campaign on the Pink ladies is to inform. So look this is why I am here to inform the public not to be on a crusade as some of you think...

I would say that your past record on here TD does smack of you being on a crusade against the Pink ladies.... I mean you have supposedly written to everyone barring the Queen (and I wouldn't put that one past you.....

Some go on about Taxi & Ph park here, there, and every where. They rob us blind; I had to wait a long time on a Saturday night for a taxi. `ect `ect Just have not got a clue, do you.

Yes we do have a clue. Taxis do park everywhere and in many cases park illegally and get away with it and expect to do so because it is their living.... er sorry; but I have had many of my vans ticketed over the years for parking on double yellow lines costing packs of money because my employees were only trying to earn a living. As for robbing people blind; I would say that most taxi fares are not too bad. It is just the opportunism of extra charges after midnight and events like Creamfields where charges go up. That can be said for hotels as well in the town; their prices went through the roof as well...

Every asked your self how many Taxi and PH drivers got attacked last year or this year even murdered. Ask drivers how much money they have to pay out just to work and make a small living. Ask drivers how many runner they have i.e. (runners are what we call general pubic who do not pay because. one they have no money).

People in many walks of life get attacked; it is a fact of life these days and has been for many many years. I remember working on the Brewery in Mosside as a young electrician and one of my mates was battered and robbed of all his tools walking back to his car after an afternoon shift. As for runners, I (as you may know) run my own business and we have been taken many times by companies who shut down on Friday and start up again on a Monday morning; on one occasion just after our firt year of trading in 1999 we were taken for over ?20,000.00 by one company. we still had to pay the tax man what he was owed as well as the VAT and my lads wages and for the materials used on the job. This has happened a few times now and we are as powerless to do anything as you are; although you can now get in car CCTV for just over ?120.00 so maybe that would be a deterrent?

How many times as taxi drivers in town are call out to lymm! Travel all the way to lymm and then take some one 100 yards for ?3.00 down the road.

?Yes dead right lymm should be charged more?, but I am sorry to say this is not the case. So there.

Sorry TD but isn't that what a txi is for? to take you from one place to the next? You can't have every job starting on a taxi rank in the Town Centre you know!

My fingers have gone numb.....

I would say that your past record on here TD does smack of you being on a crusade against the Pink ladies.... I mean you have supposedly written to everyone barring the Queen (and I wouldn't put that one past you.....

do you think i should send her one ???????

Yes we do have a clue. Taxis do park everywhere and in many cases park illegally and get away with it and expect to do so because it is their living.... er sorry; but I have had many of my vans ticketed over the years for parking on double yellow lines costing packs of money because my employees were only trying to earn a living. As for robbing people blind; I would say that most taxi fares are not too bad. It is just the opportunism of extra charges after midnight and events like Creamfields where charges go up. That can be said for hotels as well in the town; their prices went through the roof as well...

I say AND

People in many walks of life get attacked; it is a fact of life these days and has been for many many years. I remember working on the Brewery in Mosside as a young electrician and one of my mates was battered and robbed of all his tools walking back to his car after an afternoon shift. As for runners, I (as you may know) run my own business and we have been taken many times by companies who shut down on Friday and start up again on a Monday morning; on one occasion just after our firt year of trading in 1999 we were taken for over ?20,000.00 by one company. we still had to pay the tax man what he was owed as well as the VAT and my lads wages and for the materials used on the job. This has happened a few times now and we are as powerless to do anything as you are; although you can now get in car CCTV for just over ?120.00 so maybe that would be a deterrent?

i say AND

Sorry TD but isn't that what a txi is for? to take you from one place to the next? You can't have every job starting on a taxi rank in the Town Centre you know!

I least I am doing something that could save lifes not sat on my AR****

And as peter t says ? They are supposed to be providing a public service, are they not?

I say peter You lot can?t even be bothered on public safety never mind that

but keep it comeing fun this just have no clue do you

TD,

I have plenty of clues, you are the one on this crusade to stop Pink Ladies. Now that they seem to be doomed.....and if you are really serious about saving lives when it comes to Taxis and PH, get the all of the buggers to slow down a bit and stop pretending that everything is rosy in the taxi garden. Taxi drivers in general think they are above the law when it comes to the rules of the road so maybe you would like to start addressing more general problems now?

Come up with something new will you for god sake. That one been used from the land time forgot? Speeding and road hogs

I have said taxi and ph have faults but until people start addressing them and start complaining I have said nothing will be done. The public have the power but for some reason they will not use it. Or they complain but tell no other and it let?s lost in transit but a group things will get done.

But let me tell you Warrington Taxi and Ph are less than prefect believe me but they try not to put the public in danger and can be stopped and taken off the road or lose there hackney or Ph licence if they put the public in danger. And can be stopped from ever holding one again.

So you see if the public do not report it nothing will get done. I bet in your job I say you are a danger because you do this or that so come back with something new or better still do something about it like report it that why I say still have no clue ?

bazj if you see something and get the right stuff down i will even make sure that it get sorted out. thats what i am saying on here but at this time the biggest dangers is public safty and its unlicened Taxi or Ph. but you come with the right things and it will get sorted at the top and followed up so its up to you ?

baz j says in part...................... "you are the one on this crusade to stop Pink Ladies. Now that they seem to be doomed.....and if you are really serious about saving lives when it comes to Taxis and PH",

plus when i sarted the pink ladys it was 2 years ago i have not stoped check the post........ only that i did take action brfore they even thought about going bust ask gary what i have done behind the forum and all the checking i had to do before the latested as not to put gary or WW into trouble this is just not me talking its me with FACTS and Intrviews, full reports and Leaked Memos, background checks, but what i am after are the top one whom have let this happen and useing tax payers money now to backtracking.

everthing i say and use on here i can back up in a court of law and and will be used at the end in the Media. that how involved i am .............. but this is not the frist time they said they are going bust .

Come up with something new will you for god sake. .

There really is no answer to that comment!! :lol:

plus when i sarted the pink ladys it was 2 years ago i have not stoped check the post.........

and two years later they were still trading..... so how could they be illegal?(Although it may not be an issue if they have gone bust (allegedly))

I could have understood a few weeks of trading after the initil complaints; but not two years TD. They had a loophole in the law and exploited it. That doesn't make it illegal. The one thing that seems to have sunk them is market forces and good old cashflow!

And two years later they were still trading..... So how could they be illegal? (Although it may not be an issue if they have gone bust (allegedly))

Ok bazj you may not haveing been folowing the story from the start so here gose it was 2 years ago they stopped paying for a licences because they found a loophole but it was illegal then .yes it was open to interpretation but still illegal then you have to have a licence to trade as a taxi or Ph that law came in back in the 80s so a number of councils ask the government to make it clear as at this time there was franchise in operation. So then 9 month later the government passed a law to close the loophole. And for over a year the warringtion council as not done a thing about it. Because they where going to court i.e. the pink ladies and to the European court as a stone wall tactic and Warrington fell for it. but in sep last year was there time up that the court and the council had given them . But still in all that time they could have been stopped form trading unless they paid for a licence because thats the law in this land says it?s illegal not to have one. do you know what the law was the government passed???? last mounth warringtion council under public opinion was takeing them to court as this is the only way for them to stop tariding and the council all that time and just before they have been useing tax payers money for the court case and in solicitors fees to the sum of god now how much??? but now they have gone bust and its tax payer money thats the council as wastes. if the council would have acted sooner they could have got the costs back but now the Council taxpayer will be footing the bill. Do you know what the loop hole was???? Or did not think?so baz j good try

I'm sure it would have had something to do with the 7 day contract loophole which meant that they didn't have to license their cars (a loophole dating back to 1976). A ploy which was often used by companies which hired out stretched limos I believe. The loophole was; as you say, meant to have been close back in January but WBC didn't act perhaps as they should.

So yes a good try, but one backed up with knowledge of the events none the less TD :wink:

TD..... why don't you just tell people what the loopholes so it is clear once an for all rather than making everyone guess or jump to conclusions?

I'm not being funny when I say this so please don't take it the wrong way, but I still can't understand why all you other 'taxi type' drivers haven't gone through the same loopholes. Considering how much you know about it all surely you could have done it too. Yes I know I've already asked that but I've never had an answer to it.

I think your issue here really lies with the local taxi licencing department and not PL's as at the end of the day the latter were just lucky that they were allowed to get away with it and cut costs for so long.

Perhaps if more 'taxi' drivers had actually bothered to back you up on here or written to the press etc you may have got it all sorted a long time ago :wink:

Dismayed

i have Said in old post the loophole along with the law from the government web site with statements on the matter to go over old ground again if you look at the old post you will see. I did have a problem with Pl as you said but not against the concept if they would have been licensed they would have been ok. if there drivers start up something and are licensed no problem as to why we did not do it easy that one its braking the law and could put public safety at risk. Who would work like that?

yes you are right the problem now is the taxi licensing office. why did they not act sooner? why did they put the pubic in danger? why did they not warned the public? and how much of the council tax payers money have they now wasted ?. And I want to know why Mr Barns did not act and why as he still got a job

Taxi driver did complain look at the mints of the council meeting and sometime they would not speck to us at all ever cancelled town meeting because we turned up and would not lave as you have seen on here not had one response from any councillors or taxi officer and they have had numbers of letters. This is why the names will appear on TV soon and other media out-let?s as the story is getting bigger for some reason getting more emails daily. One consumer programme is accumulating lots of information as we speck but there is more to come can not say much until reply?s start coming back for legal reasons. Plus Gary getting first Crack of the story .

• 6 months later...

Hi guys

Sorry to drag this back up. I think my last correspondence was back in August reporting that it had got better. Unfortunately I think it may have been the quiet before the storm, as it is now very bad - worse than ever.

I'm having to raise this as an official complaint to the council and whoever will listen to me. I'm sorry if this does affect any of the genuine hackney drivers, but I have to consider my peace and quiet. 2 years of this has been too much now, and I'm going to take a stand. It's more than a few rotten apples though that are spoiling it though.

If anyone from the WTDA is reading this, please can you communicate out some self policing. I'm all for an amicable resolution, but this needs to stop.

Sorry 21GoodLife what was your complaint? I know I could go and see it but what has changed from last time ? And what as made you make a stand now ? If you let me know I could help.

Do not worry about fetching it back up this is what this forum is about letting people know your personal story, as well what action your thinking of taking, most of all letting public know if it works or not

Hi

We've basically grinned and beared it for a year now, it's simmered and simmered, but eventually enough is enough. I'm usually quite tolerant of it, but seeing various things upset my wife, it's time to try and do something about it.

From the council filling the draining point to the road from our downpipe with tarmac causing a blockage, next door being allowed to change to a business property regardless of us contesting it, and now with the alarm going off every weekend, add some idiot digging a plant from one of the nearby planters and throwing it through our window.

We've had some real bad instances happening lately. It's usually because some of the drivers know each other, get out, go for a chat, and as the queue is moving there's usually somebody not in their car, which leads to a hail of honking cars. Sometimes it's a quick toot, sometimes it's multiple drivers blasting away, and then sometime it's some plank jamming the horn for 10 seconds plus.

Add the general stop start of engines, music blaring, and some bits of camaraderie including profanity and abuse; which I don't mind, just not in front of my house.

I'm appreciative on any assistance. I'm still going to have to follow this up through the council and any other channels I can think of as an official complaint, as I need something official doing.

I assume that drivers you are referring to are taxi or they private hire. I can only give you one advice on this as the first step it to get evidence on video tape of the trouble you are having as no one can revoke what they can see. Pictures are no good as you need sound with this one. You will have to tell me if its taxi or private hire for the next stage?

I don't know what type they are. They're just the ones that queue and use the rank outside the Red Lion pub.

They basically queue south toward Victoria Square up until the bus stop. When a space clears at the Lion, they do a U-turn in the road and park facing north bound where there is an official rank for taxis.

I assume these are hackneys, but I could be wrong.

To be honest, I'm not really keen to go down the getting evidence route. They shouldn't be there as far as I'm concerned, and the council should make appropriate provision and guidelines for them. Stopping them from being there is the quickest and easiest solution for me not being disturbed. Turning up with evidence might reprimand a small percentage of perpetrators, and the rest will continue. Plus, even with video, say I've got a row of 15 cabs outside my house and one is sounding the horn - how do you prove which one used the horn?

The police know they are there, and the council do. They turn a blind eye to it as far as I'm aware, as they don't want to highlight their failure to provide adequate facilities or governance. I'm bringing that to their attention and I expect them to do something about it.

Well the police will do nothing unless there is a few quid in it for them so I guess the only course of action is to complain to the council. Or why not complain to that woman MP we have. It may help if you say that the Tory/Lib Dem alliance isn't helping you one bit.... she would jump at the chance then

Ok now I understand. Right did you know that out side the red loin is an official taxi rank for 3 taxi at a time, this was issued by the council for the people of that area. The councils and the police?s reasonability is to get every one home or away from the area in the quickest and safest time, unless you can show that this is causing you stress to your self and your family the above will over rule your complains. that?s why I said video the evidence . The police will not act unless the councils taxi licensing officer asks or there is a public safety issue . Having a lot of cars will not count I am sorry to say . As evacuation of people come first by any means that?s why the police will not act as it?s a bye law and as to be the council who would take them to court which will never happen . But where your ace in the hole is,

The noise pollution which is causing you and your family stress and under the court of human right . Your rights are being infringed I would write to the council taxi and private hire licensing office (who is Mr Barns number and address can be found on the councils web site) also send copys to the chief of police the traffic officer for Warrington.

also tell the police and council that all the above will be passed on and that you will take the matter up with a solicitor.

I am sorry to say any other Acton will not even get seen

so good luck and keep us all informed on any of your action

Hi

Thanks for the responses. I'm fully aware of the taxi rank in front of the Red Lion (west side), and this is about 100 m up the road from my property (also west side)

What I'm concerned about, is the 100 m plus queue of taxis on the East side of London Road stretching all the way to my house.

I've been in contact with Phil Barnes today, as well as Helen Ashcroft. I was a little confused over Phil's communication, so I'm asking him to clarify what the regulations are on waiting/ranking/parking (however it is classified) on the other side of the road on double yellow lines stretching for 100 m+.

Helen has stated that she is going to make sure that any abuse of waiting restrictions is actively enforced. I'm unsure what the exact restrictions are, so I've asked for clarification.

I've also been in contact with South Warrington police unit after contacting Cheshire Police, which they said someone will be in contact with me shortly to discuss.

Environmental Health said they couldn't help as they couldn't really deal with individuals; which I agree.

Phil Barnes is issuing a spring newsletter that goes out to all registered Hackneys and private hire vehicles. It mentions the complaints of noise on London Road. Hopefully these don't go straight in the bin, but it's a start.

I'll see what the police have to say, and see what I think my options are if nothing appears to be happening. I may contact South Warrington MP also, but I'll see what the outcome is for now.

Again, thanks for everyone's input. It's appreciated.

Tim

GoodLife

I have a pint occasionally in the Red Lion on a Friday and get to see first hand the problems there. Aside from your noise problem, the U-turns being made right at the junction are probably illegal and if not, it?s certainly an accident waiting to happen. It might aid you case to mention this also.

The problem as I explained in an earlier post is due mainly to the lack of communication between vehicles and their need to be able to see when the rank is empty. My business involves design and manufacture of equipment for the taxi trade and I?ve been pondering this problem for a couple of days and there may be a solution. And by the way, this isn?t just a Stockton Heath issue, it happens all over the country.

What?s needed is a small device in each cab that can inform drivers how many spaces are available on the rank. This would then allow the other cars to queue at a safer location without needing to see anything, in your case, probably the car park at the back. Designing and producing something like this is fairly easy but I suspect that unless drivers were forced to use one, they would just continue the way they do now.

I?ll let you know in a few days whether or not the idea's viable.

Bill :)