Unofficial taxi rank, London Road, Stockton Heath.

21GoodLife

Probably for Creamfields visitors :wink:

Ah, so there might be some "financial benefit" for the Warrington economy afterall. :wink::)

PS Had Mcdonalds on the phone, concerned about road closures affecting their business. :?

PPS Nice if Halton BC gave WBC a share of the ?55,000 licence fee they receive from Cream. :wink:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note to this, why do the powers that be let soooo many taxis queue up outside Central Station?

I went past today at about 3:30 and there must have been 20 taxis parked up; with only 6 or so on the proper ranks. The rest were all on double yellow lines.

Typical taxi driver though I guess.... rules don't apply and all that!!

how about looking at the issue that there are about 150 taxis and about a dozen working spaces in the town centre . where do we go ?????.

2 hours in between jobs and WBC want to issue 30 more plates.

WBC has more inportant people to worry about !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was the one at the Truck Stop by the motorway :shock:

Daresbury, Hatton & Walton Parish Councils were each offered an equal share of ?10,000 by Cream. Seem to recall Hatton declined it last year but won't be this year. Nice if the two landowners made a generous community donation from their proceeds....given the inconvenience they have created for their neighbours...Hatton might then be able to have its own Parish Hall...for Parish meetings and other community uses :wink:

Anyway back to taxis, I notice there are signs up on the Chester road, warning them about illegal pick ups.

That's cos it's single lane traffic and nowhere for taxis to stop without blocking the roads even more :wink:

Surely there must have been an official taxi drop off/pick up area there though.

PS Thought the Truck Stop was at Lymm by the way :?

On a side note to this, why do the powers that be let soooo many taxis queue up outside Central Station?

I went past today at about 3:30 and there must have been 20 taxis parked up; with only 6 or so on the proper ranks. The rest were all on double yellow lines.

how about looking at the issue that there are about 150 taxis and about a dozen working spaces in the town centre . where do we go ?????.

So that makes it OK to break the law then does it? Aside from the speeding cabs, the cabs that are old and battered; we now have ones that think that it is fine to park on double yellow lines?

Then TT, surely you would suggest that it is OK for everyone to park up where ever they want? Why do I have to park across the road on a pay car park everytime I want to drop a few quid into the bank? Why can't I just use the taxi rank outside Lloyds? there are never any cabs there because they are all outside the station or making 2 spaces into 6 outside the bus station.....

Whether you are waiting for a job or not, it is still illegal to park on double yellow lines.....

That?s true but there is a difference between parking up and waiting. I?m sure the police understand the problem and cut them some slack given they are public service vehicles. The waiting cabs could simply move if the police asked them but a car parked while someone does some shopping that?s a very different story.

Bill :)

Why is it we dont hear anyone coplaining about the 8 buses all parked up on double yellows down scotland road. and by that i mean the ones outside of the official bustops, never hear a complaint about that for some reason.........

wonder why that could be :/

scotland road is a nightmare during the day because of the buses, the same buses that have a nice shiney new bus station to park in, get rid of a few of the bus stops down scotland road and give some more rank spaces you will find that the bus station rank wont get so crowded.

and neither will central station either

LD

So that makes it OK to break the law then does it? Aside from the speeding cabs, the cabs that are old and battered; we now have ones that think that it is fine to park on double yellow lines?

Then TT, surely you would suggest that it is OK for everyone to park up where ever they want? Why do I have to park across the road on a pay car park everytime I want to drop a few quid into the bank? Why can't I just use the taxi rank outside Lloyds? there are never any cabs there because they are all outside the station or making 2 spaces into 6 outside the bus station.....

Whether you are waiting for a job or not, it is still illegal to park on double yellow lines.....

When i go the bank i go a car park aswell. thats a bit different to trying to earn a living for the 25 grand plus running costs we have to invest due to WBC rules to keep the customers of warrington happy

When i go the bank i go a car park aswell. thats a bit different to trying to earn a living for the 25 grand plus running costs we have to invest due to WBC rules to keep the customers of warrington happy

When I go to the bank it is all part of me earning my living too. It doesn't matter a hoot whether you are a taxi or not. There was a case in Chester where the Police thought it was OK to park on the double yellow lines outside their police station next to the court. That was until someone who had challeneged a parking ticket pointed out to the magistrate or judge that there were currently 6 illegally parked police cars outside.

Case was thown out and the police were ordered to shift their cars. There are no exceptions to the rules..... If I can't do it; I will complain if someone else does it; that's just the way it is!

...and please don't expect me to believe that it costs 25 grand to keep a taxi on the road for a year? if you had that sort of money to invest it wouldn't be to have a battered old astra trawling the streets of Warrington for a fare surely! :D

Baz

When last I heard, a hack licence did indeed cost 25k in Warrington and that?s just the plate not the actual vehicle or it?s running costs. The council also governs the actual car types that can be used as hacks and that?s why I doubt you?d find any old Astras outside Central Station.

Given that the council make so much money from the hacks and impose so many rules you?d have thought they would have looked at the amount of spaces allocated for them at both the towns main stations.

Bill,

they obviously do need more spaces for the rank, but why not stick it up the side of the station rather than allow them all to illegally park...?

And if it does cost 25K each for a taxi license, I think I would buy a house in Bulgaria instead and rent it out. Better return I would think; especially given how much it is to run a car these days!!

I think there would be a problem with that because they need see when there are spaces and they can?t do that from round the corner. The hacks unlike the private hire cars don?t have a central radio network and have to rely on what they see.

As far as I can remember, the stretch of road running up to the station is quite wide and most of the adjacent properties are derelict so I?d have thought it should just be a simple matter of removing the lines and extending the rank.

That?s probably too simple for the council though and they?re probably considering how they can use traffic lights to regulate taxi movements in the area. :lol::lol::lol:

the illegal pick up signs on chester road were for the benefit of all the out of area taxis and private hire that come into the town to rip people off and make a few quid . An unsuspecting person flags the car gets in ,gets ripped off without realising that they have no insurance cos the car is either an out of area car or was'nt prebooked.

I am a taxi driver and the organisation for dropping off or picking up at creamfields was a disgrace and our taxi licensing officer was on holiday as he is every creamfields cos he knows whats coming and does'nt want anythig to do wiv it cos he can't be bovered. Liverpool cabs had there own tariff sheet all laminated and looked very plausible .creamfields to lymm there were charging 70pound and our licensing officer can't be bovered, can some one tell me how does he keep his job ?

I must admit I have very rarely ever had to use a taxi so ?20 still sounds a lot to get to Lymm although with current fuel prices and the fact you are trying to earn a wage I can see why you would charge that. Guess if it was split between a few passengers it's cheaper and easier than going on the bus.... which was a pain in the **** last time I was unfotunate enough to try and get from the other side of Warrington. Never again.

I'm showing my ignorance now but how are fares worked out by private hire companies then as I though all vehicles used meters... sorry if its a stupid question.

As you see the public have no knowledge of the Taxi trades what so ever. This is why doing this campaign on the Pink ladies is to inform. So look this is why I am here to inform the public not to be on a crusade as some of you think...

Some go on about Taxi & Ph park here, there, and every where. They rob us blind; I had to wait a long time on a Saturday night for a taxi. `ect `ect Just have not got a clue, do you.

Every asked your self how many Taxi and PH drivers got attacked last year or this year even murdered. Ask drivers how much money they have to pay out just to work and make a small living. Ask drivers how many runner they have i.e. (runners are what we call general pubic who do not pay because. one they have no money).

And as for creamfields if you live locally you should walk in my eyes, or get the bus the council have laid them on for you in your name.

Again doing the taxi drivers out of fairs and making a living. So anyway get the bus.

I think that no drivers should take anyone locally on Creamfield?s night and I hope it come into force.

I can hear you all crying saying it your bread and butter locals, yes you are right, but again the council feels that you should get the busies they have laid on so they can have the money. It?s your council tax money paying for it. And also government founds for it in the first place and it?s being used in your name.

So yes ?20 is right. Should be more even on a Saturday night as well to lymm. How many times as taxi drivers in town are call out to lymm! Travel all the way to lymm and then take some one 100 yards for ?3.00 down the road.

?Yes dead right lymm should be charged more?, but I am sorry to say this is not the case. So there.

I have said no-one knows how or who to complain to if they have any type of problem with a Taxi or Ph. so no wonder their are problems. I am not going to paint a glossy picture and say ?that it?s all rosy? because its not. But if the public will not complain or do it the right way nothing will get done.

So it?s the public fait. Not the drivers who may attact or touch you, or say something you do not like to hear, or over charges you. Did you know drivers can change it to their Advantage storys and to make the jury in court see it from their point of view when things go wrong . This as been proven time and time againand will carry on.

But with the right information you can stop it from happening or stop it happening to any others.

I know some of you have been in contact with the local Taxi licensing office just to be toiled their is nothing they can do, or are unwell to help you. In the trade we hear this a lot and so do others.

But it?s about the council and councillors seen this and got the old management out and got new ones in who can do the job but not at this time as its making money for the council no way will this happen and not one of Warrington councillor even up and coming one no matter what party they are will sort this problem out they have no back bone to take it on.

Gary last time tipping you off about a news story .lol sat and sun night taxi go slow in town you where the frist should have been on it....lol

Hackney taxis have a meter which works by distance and time, time basically means in a traffic jam 10p is added every 30 seconds.

private hire drivers have a tariff sheet which works purely off distance, the driver would set the trip on his or her speedometer and then when the destination is reached say 3.2 miles the corresponding price on the tariff sheet would be asked for, and i think waiting time is discretionary depends on the driver that is one of the reasons i think meters would be best all round.