public safety issue it regards unplated taxi & Ph vehi

tara_dad

would you be happy with unplated taxi & Ph  

20 members have voted

1. 1. would you be happy with unplated taxi & Ph

• yes
    • no

Paul,

I think you would find in any survey conducted in the town that the vast majority of residents disgree with almost all of the planning decisions made by the council over the past 10 years or so.

Most people see elected representitives as self serving and party line toers (if that is a word)

Personally I would like explanations as to why this council saw fit to run down a historic building like the old Boteler Grammar school at School Brow. Run down to such a degree that they could knock it down to provide an access road to a new housing estate. Who gained from that decision? The Council because of the additional Poll tax that the estate generates and of course the builder. What did the people get? ... well I can't swear on here but we got nothing from the deal except the loss of an historic building.

Case 2. Oh the old 17th century Villa opposite the Bay Horse on Winwick Street. "Accidentally" knocked down at a weekend when nothing could be done to stop it. Looks like the land may form part of a new develepoment.... nuff said

Case 3. The afformentioned Bay Horse. "Accidentally" knocked down at a weekend when nothing could be done to stop it.. (I can see a pattern developing here.... can you?) Listed building etc. The land here is to form part of the Winwick Street redevelopment... Hmmm could a builder get some benefit from not having an old pub in the way? or am I just being cynical?

Now sure these were old and run down looking buildings but that is no excuse to flatten them.

When I look at the above cases Paul, personally (and I don't know about anyone else) I think it stinks.

Now fast forward to todays decision not to let Urban Splash do their stuff to Bewsey Old Hall.... the proper outcome will be that the Council now restore the building to its former glory just like they spent countless millions "tastefully modernising" the Town hall a few years ago. They should apply for whatever lottery grants are left after the one legged black lesbian single parents association have had their cut and restore he place for the people of the town and indeed the region.

Bewsey Old Hall should be a centre piece for the Sankey Valley park; just like Walton hall is for the Walton gardens (they can even charge extortionate parking fees to park on the car park just like Walton!"!)

The more likely outcome is that the council will plead poverty, board the place up and wait for it to be burned down or fall down. That way it wouldn't cost anything.

As for generalised statements of idleness Paul, you are in politics and surely that is the perception you should get used to? What you want to do is get yourself on all of the committees like your predecessor and make it all worthwhile financially that way 30 hours a week and a few meetings a month for ?40,000.00 a year doesn't sound too bad does it?[/quote]

I think you'll find it was well over ?50 K Baz, not to splitt hairs. :wink:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason I ask that, is that I have been involved with a survey, and whilst there is some agreement on some issues, there is wide disagreement on others, where actually you migh expect unanimoty.

Well I guess that depends on what the survey is surely? If it was a survey on the current Government for example; I would expect complete agreement from all the people that they are a waste of time and should be kicked out of power and stripped of all their personal assets and sent to Siberia.... chances are there will be some people out there who think that old one-eyed slack-jawed Brown is doing a good job and should be allowed to stay...

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to fetch you all back to the topic. I am in middle of writing a letter to the taxi news that has a legal advice at hand about this matter. I am also in contact with the BBC programming and also surprise Watchdog as shown an interest in the matter and would like to know more with the council and what little action i.e. none as been taken to inform the public on this safety matter plus the lack of response from Mr P Barns of the council taxi licensing office. more are getting mail daily from me all the way to the PM on this matter

paul you said " Our system of law is such that unlawfulness or guilt is only established in a Court of Law, not by the personal belief of individuals, even though of course they might ultimately be right in their assumption. Innocent until proven guilty...and all that stuff :wink:

paul So what you?re saying is that the public should not be informed unless it?s been to court even on a BIG safety issue as this is. I know your doing your best on this subject keep up the good work but be truthful the council as played this wrong and the public is going to know about it. By not informing the public on a safety issue which to this date there as not been a bad injury or any injustice to a member of the public Thank god.

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Mr Green

Please can you give me some information? On a matter at this time that is a public concern in Warrington. I am coilatiting lots of different information. So I can use to inform and take ?any? action to help the general public be better informed. As Datermaster is a company that helps Taxi and Private Hire Company to start up by using your successful data heads systems as well as your computer software. Which I know is used all over the UK and Ireland. As Yourselves are Warrington based. I would say that you are fully experienced to answers my questions in this field so I can report back to the people of Warrington on theses matters?

1) Datamaster when you help a new company start up do they require council?s approvements before anyone can completely operate and become a Taxi or Private Hire operator I.e.? The licence of operation from the council?

2) As you are in the Taxi and Private Hire tirade do you know of any other company operating as any thing other than a Taxi or Private Hire who are licensed with the council if known? And can you tell me of any who are not if known.

3) Would Datamaster knowingly supply data equipment and computer software to a company that was running a none plated or licence operation. if not why

4) Has Datamaster an opinion to give to the general public as to the none licensed and who do not have council plated vehicles and are operating as a Taxi or Private hire or any other name.

5) The government and police has published all over the country about unplated vehicles as you stand now what are Datamaster view on the governments views that people should not get into unplated vehicles no mater what they call them selves.

6) In one word could you say ?a non council licensed or none plated vehicles would be safe for the general public to travel in??

I would like to thank Datamaster for there input on the above questions

Would it be ok if I need more information on this subject can I call on you again for answers? As this matter concerns the general public would you be ok to have your answers published along with this letter on a forum on Warrington world wide.

ste peacock

reply from datamaster.

can give you some info regarding our practices but they may not be the answers you?d be looking for and in any case, they would be more personal opinion than company policy.

1 We do assist many companies with start up situations but advise primarily on technical matters including radio and data licensing. It would be impossible for us to advise in any detail regarding local licensing, as the rules tend to be set locally and vary from town to town.

2 To the best of our knowledge, all our clients are fully licensed, both hackney and private hire.

3 We would not supply equipment to any company where there was any kind of illegal activity involved or where a seriously flawed business plan might expose the company to financial risk and or bad press.

4 We would not consider it our place to advise the public on such issues.

5 Again it is not our place to advise the public however the advice of government and police regarding none licensed vehicles operating as ?taxis? is correct.

6 No

Hope this helps.

Bill

I would like to thank Bill for his input on this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you all know things are moving a long it?s a misfortune it?s not from the Warrington Council or Councillors or Mr Barns the Taxi & pPH licensing officer but an out side governing bodies. But hay its there lost you will be hearing from people experience in this taxi game and the law all I have to say ?Warrington councillors ant going to look good? and also look out for a under cover TV program soon I will let you know when its on ??? I and they where filming this weekend just gone in warringtion on the public safty issue on unlicenced cars. when some taxi drivers where on a go slow and even stopped taking people home in town because of Bridges St fiasco well done ask the police or a councillors not looking good come election time on Public safety I am not going to let this drop...................... Gary get in there fast you could be on a scoop with this new light to the story about them not taking people home and its going to happen again on a busy weekend ask the councillors best not they are running for cover at this time

Or drivers were delayed as they were logged on here trying to understand TD's last post :?

Sorry TD... I could't help it but as long as you know what's going on then that's ok but your posts are confusing especially at this time of night.

Dear ( name witheld)

would like to know if you could advise me as well as the general public ofWarrington on some information on Taxi and PH law issues to do with public safety. Because my council and taxi licensing officer as well as some councilors are disinclined to get caught up. On a question of unlicensed vehicles acting as PH or Taxi. Please could you or any of your journalist take the topic on about unlicensed PH vehicles`

I have petitioned for some information in addition to facts from my local Taxi & PH office also from Warrington council to which to date have indicated no acknowledgement or interest to my emails. Which is on community safety concerns in my borough of Warrington? For that reason, could you assist me to understand the following information please? I will enclose all emails I dispatched to my local Taxi & PH Licensing Public servants Mr P Barns. In addition, some to Warrington?s councilor's about this community safety issue. Could you take a look and see if you could answer some of the questions. on any of the law topics questioned by myself on community safety?. I am allso writing on a topical forum about the above topic on a web site called Warrington world-wide? Co. Uk under unlicensed vehicle.

I have also been in contact with Chirehire`s Police Chief Constable and representatives of the Police committee who have declared the matter is not their responsibility. They declared that it is Warrington Councils accountability to act or take any proceeding on the topic. To which there as been no statement to date to notify the people of Warrington about the insecurities of getting into unlicensed PH or Taxi. Furthermore, why for the pass two years Warrington council have been permitting them to get away with out acting or communicating to the community of Warrington about the questions in hand in addition to the dangers involved. I have I list

below to which I would like you to look at and see if you could response, so I could communicate to the pubic

in Warrington

1) If a vehicle is not plated by any local Council as a Taxi or Private Hire and are charging the general public, by what ever funds cash, direct debit or credit card. Are they breaking any regulations?

2) Who is responsible to monitor that Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle are working within the law? Who verify that un-plated vehicles are not operation? As the regulation stands that a un-plated Vehicles is breaking government law. is it the Council or Police that have the powers to act?

3) If a member of the general public lets say, was taking an elderly lady or impaired individual to a community centre are they them selfs breaking any laws by operating their motor vehicle to transport them on a regular bases.

4) Are unlicensed vehicles examined in any way by any Council Taxi & Private Hire licensing office?

As too inspection of the M.O.T credibility? However, principally that the insurance is authenticated, as well they have public liability insurance for all the vehicles. As you understand the public?s protection is paramount. and is it not the Councils reasonability and obligation to monitor this as there role of the public safety that is stated in section. (Department of Transport by way of the Road Safety Act 2006).

5) Can any motorist lets say with a motor vehicle in Warrington use it to take members of the general public around picking up and dropping off and with out being authorized by the councils. If not what is the difference ?Can you inform me in arrangement of public safety first??

6) What are the differences between a Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle?

7) Taxi and Private Hire Drivers have to pay money in authorizing payments just to work. in Vehicle MOT & Public Safety Test fees. As well as public liability insurance. In addition, C.R.B (criminal record check frees). License fees for a twelve month period and medical fees every 3 years but over a crenation age it's every year. If a driver has not just one of the above completed or paid off in the year what would transpire to that driver and his vehicle.

Taxi and Private Hire vehicles have to have vehicle examination 2 times a year by the Council. Why is this?

9) If the Vehicle fails the above what transpires?

10) The councils M.O.T examination is not like a standard M.O.T. Can you relate to me why?

11) On a Taxi or Private hire vehicle a safety problem that would qualify a normal M.O.T but would not pass the Councils or Department of Public Safety. What would transpire to that Vehicle?

12) Taxi and Private Hire have to have a specific insurance. Can you only have that if you?re a Taxi or Private Hire can you call yourself any thing other than A Taxi or Private Hire to get this?

13) Drivers are open to Vehicle examination by their local Council district, and also the Police, Customs, D.H.S.S, at any time day or night. Why is this?

14) If anyone is taking a member of the public from A to B and taking recompense. Are they breaking any regulation if they are not licensed or plated?

15) Whose responsibility is to Police this plus make sure it?s not happening in the interest of the community?s safety?

16) What would you advise people wanting to get into unlicensed Taxi Or PH.

17) Why do with have licensed Taxi and PH cars.

May I take this opportunity thank you and for the time you will take on this topic many communicate to the general people of Warrington on this safety issue

Mr S J Peacock

do not worry. please do not feel that you have to reply to every post. go onto others post have the time of your life there........ ok zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz or come back with something new

TD... I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you as my comment was only meant in a very light hearted way.

You and others obviously feel very strongly about the whole issue and I do underststand the reasons behind why you are taking the stance that you are.

Good luck and I hope you can all resolve it amicably :wink:

Dismayed its ok was not only getting at you see you still took no notes of "please do not feel that you have to reply to every post" :shock: any other post I would have a good old banter with you. but not at this high Risk on public safety I hope you understand. after i will find something we can wind each other up on .lol :roll:

• 3 weeks later...

letter sent to Warrington Disability Partnership

Dear Mr Thompson,

on your web site you sate The Pink Ladies taxi company is a members club for ladies only, to ensure safety of women. They accept only credit cards or accounts. All drivers are women and wear pink uniforms to match the interior and exterior of the car. They have one Green wheelchair accessible vehicle that will carry both men and women

Are you aware that the Pink ladies do not maintain a valid Taxi or PH transports licence on account of, they are not plated by the council? I observe that you advise reader on your network site to use them . While they are breaking the law by not having their vehicles council plated as well as the law sates, they have too. The government as well as the police caution the public as too not to get into an unlicensed vehicle as fact. I would like to fetch this to your consideration and inquire what your views on this issue are while you understand there is no such thing as a members club the law says that the vehicles should be council plated Section 53 of the Road Safety Act repeals the contract exemption it will be irrelevant whether a vehicle is provided for hire to a dedicated group or to the public at large; any vehicles which fall within the definition of a private hire vehicle in the 1998 Act will have to be licensed. The driver and the operator (the person who arranges the hiring) will also have to be licensed. The only exemptions from licensing will be for vehicles used solely for weddings and funerals.

As you may be placing your readers into a dangers position. As the council for one can not guarantee the public safety of the vehicles they use?

I would like to listen what you have to express on this issue as I am writing about this problem on Warrington worldwide on which this correspondence will be put on together with your re ponce if in any degree, I hope that you will soon address this uses ASP.

Thank you

Ste .peacock

thanks for the spell check still can not resist talking on this one can you two never mind come back with something usefull will yougive it a go you will surprise all but thanks for the spell ckek `opps` collating thanks :roll:

well thats me told, I think??????

:D:D:D