Paganism

tonymaillman

Debatable about the 1377 'end' of medieval, largely due to the death of Edward III who is classed as the last 'real' medieval King. It's where the 'early' beginning of the wars of the roses starts, but I've YET to come across anyone or find reference to the wars of the roses NOT being classed medieval, however, 2nd quarter to mid 15th century has a huge influence from the Italians, both in clothing design and armour style, so in effect the 'early' start of the renaissance.

As regards medieval ............ I'll 'bleed' possibly to the year 915 AD, I'm sure you'll know why Gunner :wink:

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what have we established ? The basics of Pagan, Christian and Gnostic belief, with a gathering of historic information and politics thrown in for good measure ?

We also know where we all stand as personalities and the basics of 'overkill' on Internet Forums perhaps ?

Maybe the conclusions are: that NO ONE knows what actually happened in the past, NO ONE knows what any other living human being realy believes, and NO ONE has the right to make anyone else do anything by force, religion or politics.

We are ALL fragments of the Divine, the Great Architect. Tread lighty in the gaden !

Gnostics win again - live and let live - and that's a PERSONAL responsibility for us all whoever we are. :D

• 5 weeks later...

Mark, a spectacularly self-defeating post at every turn. Thank you.

Let's see. An admission that Paganism, Christianity and Gnosticism are all totally separate.

Nope. The internet is not a good gauge for judging personalities.

Overkill. Too big a topic for overkill.

If no-one knows what happened in the past, then History is dead. So that is now the fourth person I've encountered on this site who denies History as a viable discipline and all four are professional History promoters/educators! :shock:

As for not knowing what you believe, in spite of the specifics or your sect not being made clear, the basics of Gnosticism are clear.

God has the right to enforce His views on others, and one day He will do it once and for all. Forever.

Nope, NONE of us are fragments of the Divine. Just ignorant little humans. After all, God knows everything, and judging by this post, you know nothing and your credentials as an historian are in tatters.

Hello GM .......... nice to see you posting again :wink:

This isn't meant as 'having a go' at your last post but ........ a lot of what we interpret and believe about the past is borne out of 'own opinions' - as it were - quite simply because as far as actually knowing how the past was and how truthful the things we know and believe are we can only base ANY of it on either written evidence (or manuscripts), illuminations and physical archaeological finds (or items that have survived through 'passing down' etc), those are the only real sources. We study things, and as I'm sure you are well aware we all have our own ideas as to what was what etc ............ that personally to me isn't 'damaging' the discipline of history, but as I've mentioned that is MY own opinion. I fail to see how we can be damaging our teachings of the past if what we do professionally is base everything on 'real' things such as the three sources mentioned above.

Again that is MY own opinion :wink:

All I mean is that I think Post-Modernism and History are incompatible. I think there is enough evidence around, however problematic. (There's a lot of stuff I've held back on. :wink: )

As for Obbs, well, yes and no, but I can tell he's been having it nice and easy these past few months, and it would be nice to harry him a bit and make him all edgy again.

Some time I'm going to do a serial history of Ireland. I always meant to give an analysis of the 1993-94 period in particular.

I've also been having fun writing fan fiction scripts as exercises in compressing my writing style. Completely different discipline!

Getting back to where I started, the difficulty is that some past statements can be taken to mean that finding out the truth cannot be done and that we can know nothing about anything.

For example, in NT study there are established scientific methods there and clear ground rules for debate. Indeed, my own working methods were actually devised by the opposition. :wink:

That said, I read my record of my debate from 2000 on the future of Britain recently, and it nearly did my head in.

I'm just not sure this forum is the place for the stuff I'd like to discuss.

And I want to ask the mods, is there a possibility of setting up a section for writing TV and movie fan fiction?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...