King of the trough?

P J

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Observer, as a Tory, if true I'm disgusted by it and certainly don't expect it. I have no problems with people earning high salaries that are subject to PAYE etc and being paid legitimate expenses, but for those same people to be on the fiddle as well is a disgrace and they should be kicked out of their job and the Party. :x

I understand the EU's accounts haven't been approved for the last ten or so years....says it all really I guess.

Your no doubt the exception that proves the rule Paul; but for Tories greed and corruption are part of their DNA; the tragedy is the disease has spread to the other lot. :roll: As for the EU; believe your Party still supports it, despite it's intrinsic corruption. :wink:

I don't know about the disease spreading to Labour Obs, they have taken the mild form of the Tory germ and turned it into a full blown trough snuffling epidemic!!

This government is worse by 10 fold what the previous Tory government were; partly because Bliar was elected on a so called mandate of anti sleaze and corruption. Most of the Labour lot now know that their time is up and they are looking at any way they can to get the last dregs from the trough before life on the dole (I can wish can't I??)

As for this Tory, if it is true he should be jailed, regardless of how ever many times I hear the phrase "he/she hasn't broken any rules"

They should be jailed and totally asset stripped into destitution so that the money can go back to the people where it belongs.... come the glorious day!!

No doubt in 2 years time the British public will vote out a government who have proved to be a load of penny pinching, corrupt sleazebags and vote in .................... a load of penny pinching, corrupt sleazebags :roll::roll:

100% correct wolfie, ......... no difference between the lot of em.

The only difference between the last 18 years of Tory rule and this bunch of Tory wannabees are peoples memories. One is fresh in the old memory banks and the other you have to dig deep for. Oh and the fact that a number of Tories were found out and thrown in prison. :roll::roll:

Keith, probably the only reason half of this lot aren't in jail is because they have probably moved the goalposts so they are no longer "breaking any rules!"

Baz, I make no excuses for any of them. If the goalposts have now been moved one can only say that present day politicians must have looked back at the corruption of previous years and learnt from their mistakes.

I am certainly not going to help vote back into power a party that in my opinion were/are no better than the present bunch. I have no doubt however that in 2 years time that is what will happen and possibly in 10-15 years time the reverse will happen and so we go on.

I am certainly not going to help vote back into power a party that in my opinion were/are no better than the present bunch. I have no doubt however that in 2 years time that is what will happen and possibly in 10-15 years time the reverse will happen and so we go on.

That is all very well.... but please don't tell me you are thinking of voting for.............................THE LIBERAL DEMOCRATS!!!

Actually Observer, as a Tory, if true I'm disgusted by it and certainly don't expect it. I have no problems with people earning high salaries that are subject to PAYE etc and being paid legitimate expenses, but for those same people to be on the fiddle as well is a disgrace and they should be kicked out of their job and the Party. :x

I understand the EU's accounts haven't been approved for the last ten or so years....says it all really I guess.

The following headline from ConservativeHome

"David Cameron ready to dump MEPs found guilty of expenses abuse"

Guess Mr Cameron reads my posts. :wink::D

PS Second thoughts maybe best he doesn't. :D:D:D

Expense abuse is such a vague expression though isn't it?

I personally would have issue with anyone on a salary of ?80,000.00 a year who can then claim over ?100,00.00 a year on top of that tax free! That isn't abuse, that is corrupt in everones eyes except the snufflers in Westminster and Brussels!

Paul, why doesn't Dave commit to tightening the rules, closing the loop holes and ending the "expenses" culture?! :?:wink:

Guess it is the age old problem of introducing change and "upsetting" vested interests. The big problem is the expenses paid for living in London for part of the week, clearly with the era of rapidly rising property prices, some MPs have, on paper, made considerable money through having taxpayer funded London homes. im think to partly solve that particular matter, tha when sold they should be subject to Capital Gains Tax....as indeed is normal for second homes that the general population might have.

Observer, He can't do that as even the people he sets to stop this embezzlement are crooked. See here

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article4083519.ece

It would appear that after Conway,Chichester and Dover any tory who is named after a place name is not to be trusted :wink:

Quickly looks through atlas. :wink::D:D:D

On the more serious point, I do despair at times. :(

Actually Den Dover is a really nice chap and it is somewhat unfortunate that the arrangement he has for remunerating his Wife & Daughter, who do actually do work for him, looks to the outside world, dodgy. He was in Stockton Heath yesterday campaigning to protect a field.

"the arrangement he has for remunerating his Wife & Daughter, who do actually do work for him, looks to the outside world, dodgy."

When you consider that he paid them 3/4 of a million pounds no wonder he has been castigated. Were his wife and daughter the best candidates when he held interviews for this very well paid post funded by the public, or do you think that perhaps the nepotism stinks up the place. This man happens to be a Conservative but I am sure it goes right across the putrid midin that is the realm of British politicians at the moment. The public have had enough of the same old excuses for the increasingly huge and offenive abuses of the whole expenses system. Why on earth should I buy a house in London for any M.P who feels like owning one? The State should provide council type accomodation for these parasites as it may do them good to see how the other half live, and if they wish to upgrade their living accomodation it should be at their own expense. As for employing family as staff what a con this is proving to be. The whole integrity of politics is at an all time low and people should not have to put up with it.