Government obsession.

Seems the Government are not satisfied with closing every pub/club in the Country, and are still pursuing their puritanical crusade against smokers. :roll: Now with half baked laws on - hiding fags under the counter, banning packets of ten etc. :roll: None of which will make the slightest impact on nicotine addicts. :roll: I'd have more respect if they just banned them all together, which would undoubtedely lead to heavy buisiness for black market traders, and (am I just being cynical again), cause a radical reduction in their revenue stream! :wink: Seems they are now extending their obsession with the superficial, to booze; with a campaign on "units" consumed; don't they know that folk drink to get blathered or are alchoholics; so "units" are a complete irrelevence. :roll: Yes we know these things can kill you, but so can crossing the road or walking the streets in the early hours. :shock: Perhaps they should give it a rest and concentrate on fundementals? :wink:

The problem is that all the big decisions are now made in Brussels so Central Government is reduced to fiddling with irrelevancies, and taking decisions on matters that were previously left to Local Government. Councils in their turn have to resort to niggling little things like bin lids not being closed and putting traffic lights where roundabouts had been adequate before. Europe is the elephant in the room. :roll::roll::roll:

As someone who doesn't drink or smoke it doesn't really bother me so like Joe Public who gives a monkeys provided you keep out of my face.

I used to care thinking that I could make a difference but as I now realise the gross error of my ways I just watch and observe you all puking in the gutter, listen to your secrets and watch your health go down the pan. I used to think it was sad but now I find it mildly amusing.