Fundraising dinner

Gary

A big thank you to all the Warrington Town supporters who attended last night's fund-raising dinner.

A special big thank you to England World Cup Winner Roger Hunt (a Warrington Town old boy) for giving his time free of charge, alongside former Man City legend Gary Owen and Coventry City Chairman Ray Ranson.

It was a fanatic gesture by the trio which helped the club raise an estimated ?3,500 clear profit to put towards the war chest for the pitch maintenance work and next season's budget.

Also a big thank you to the dozen or so people who signed up for the lottery lifeline on the night.

It was a fantastic evening all round and the only way is up! :D

I didn't know whether it was a posters meeting or a Conservative Conference.

It was a pleasure meeting up with some of the posters that I have not met before.

Nice to meet you Paul at long last.

My only complaint is that you are "another" 6 foot plus acquaintance, at a time in my life when I seem to be shrinking.

Ah well, you can't have everything. I'll just have to settle to have good looks and a youthful face. :lol:

Hopefully we will be seeing the same level of support from all the political parties :roll:

Doubt it :wink:

The current L/D PPC probably supports Aston Villa. :wink:

and the current Labour lass in the South, God knows :(

Paul - time for a slapped wrist - Helen Southworth has been very supportive of the club, brought sports minister Gerry Sutcliffe along which got us national coverage and donated the signed football which was up for auction. She also agreed to become a club patron.

Please don't start wearing political blinkers now you have been elected by the people! :roll:

Like I said before I want Warrington Town FC to be supported by all political parties and to rise above POLITICS! :evil:

Gary,

I think Paul's comment was in response to mine, saying that these people were conspicuous by their absence.

Now if the Minister gave the Tevez shirt for auction (which sold for more money than Gerrard's shirt0 I will applaud him loudly. :lol::P

[quote name="GaryPaul - time for a slapped wrist - Helen Southworth has been very supportive of the club' date=' brought sports minister Gerry Sutcliffe along which got us national coverage and donated the signed football which was up for auction. She also agreed to become a club patron.

[/quote]

Only just seen the post. That's fair comment, I forgot that Mrs S did come along with the Sports Minister a while back