Saints v Wolves

Gary

Big cup match this Saturday - I have a sneaky feeling that Warrington could produce an upset - why you ask - a very good friend of mine has booked his summer holiday when the cup final is on convinced we will not win!

:oops:

Much improved display today but on the end of some diabolical refereeing. Tries from Meli and Gardner came from blatantly forward passes. You could say the same thing about the Johnson offload but that was marginal at worst. In the tackle in which Johnson was injured Pryce ripped the ball from Johnson's hands in a two man tackle...instead of the penalty and a probable Wire score St Helens went up to the other end and scored a try. Kev Penny made a bad mistake but that can be put down to the impetuosity of youth.

There's always next year....

See you in two years.

I thought it was one of the best games or rugby league I have ever seen - a real thriller and the team were a credit to the town.

With a little more luck and the experience of winning big games this Warrington team can go places.

I know you don't rate Cull but I reckon the brand of game we are playing is starting to beocme the best I have seen in many years - we just need to start winning.

If we can start to replicate the effoprt, commitment and attacking skill with a little more solid defence things will come good.

It was a good game and yet again gutted we lost. It just seems that Saints always get the 50/50 decisions. Was proud that we played the full 80 minutes today. Now they have to show that they can play like that every game, not just when they chose to.

Felt a bit sorry for Penny, especially at the end - he was obviously gutted. His try was top drawer, but he will be remembered for all the wrong reasons for this one. :(

The only thing missing from that wonderful display was a top class fullback,after Reardon went off we never looked comfortable at the back,Saints always looked like scoring a try when in a attacking field position as to some degree the wire did,so just one signing needed for next year,a top draw full back,and a lot of work on Pennys defence as he will always be targeted as the weak link.Paul Cullen has the heart of a lion and is Warrington through and through but he needs somebody there with him,an older head whoes done it all as a director of rugby,im thinking of Shaun McRae or John Sharp if they would come,someone to give Paul the benefit of there expierience.Its not all doom and gloom,but will they play like that against Cas and the like,warrington is packed with big game players,is that the problem?

and Saints aren't packed with top class big match players? :roll:

Jon Sharpe hasn't exactly set the world on fire and Shaun McCrare got booted out of his last job after finishing bottom of the league!

If Cullen can get that from his players for nearly every game success will eventually follow.

We haven't won a sausage since 1991 but are still one of the best supported clubs.

Lets hope the hunger for silverware doesn't create any panic decisions by the board!

If Martin Gleeson had been fit, Jon Clarke hadn't been suspended, Stuart Reardon hadn't limped off early on and Paul Johnson (who was having the best game of his career) hadn't been injured at a crucial time - Warrington would have won. I know there are a lot of ifs and buts in that statement - but they are FACTS!

dont forget woody, pickers, bridge, parker, and riley went of as well. when all taken into account it was a brilliant effort yesterday from one to seventeen, penny's try must be a contender for try off the season. well done to the lads, if we had got some of the important 50-50s instead of the safe ones a win was more than achievable. hope our season doesn't get derailed with the mounting injury crisis. again well done lads see you at wigan 8)

It had been so different early on, with Warrington props Morley and Paul Rauhihi laying a superb platform. But as always a game lasts 80 minutes and the Wolve swere left to rue their mistakes.

Warrington coach Paul Cullen, who must have been bitterly disappointed put on a brave face after the game saying: "We have played our part in what was an absolute rugby league classic. We have got to offer the headlines to the quality of the play.

Another classic from our esteemed leader....What on earth does he mean ?