Do you believe in global warming?

Do you believe in global warming?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in global warming?

• Yes
    • No
    • Uncertain

asperity I bow to your superior knowledge on this subject but find it hard to take you seriously. :?

You tell Chrissy to

grow up and stop believing everything you read

and then try to account for your knowledge by stating

But I sdo read a lot

You also state that the ice caps are not melting, and yet we regularly see on television chunks of glacier falling into the sea. Having never been to the arctic/antarctic I cannot confirm or deny this to be true.

You also state

More people and animals get killed by cold weather than by hot weather
. Do you have any evidence of this? :?

This site seems to disagree, but maybe I am not reading the same info as you. [/url]http://www.peopleandplanet.net/doc.php?id=2470[/url]

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robbo you are so wrong and Captain Chaos you are so right. The vast majority of people in this country only believe what they are fed by the main stream media. The majority of the main stream media know that disaster stories sell better than non stories (i.e. global warming is a myth so relax). If you want to let the government take all your money to try to fight a non existent enemy then do it, but don't expect me to do likewise! :roll::roll:

I?ve watches several documentaries on this subject and only one thing seems certain in that nobody can be certain just what?s going to happen.

The earth may well get hotter (or colder) and there?s nothing neither man nor beast can do to significantly alter this.

Bill :)

I have also watched several documentaries on this subject. I have also observed recent weather patterns. What all the "climate change" deniers seem to be ignoring is the fact that more than 90 per cent of the scientific community believe climate change IS taking place and that the activities of the human race are contributing to it.

Of course, the members of this forum obviously know better. I mean, they WOULD, wouldn't they!

Or is it that they don't want to give up their cars, their foreign holidays, their central heating, their patio heaters, etc, etc?

Egbert

You?re so right!

I don?t want to give up my car, holidays, central heating etc but you can if you really think it will make any difference.

Like most others here, I don?t deny the climate is changing, I just believe that it?s a natural phenomena that's occurred repeatedly in the past and that mans contribution is almost insignificant.

Bill :)

Frankley I personally don't give a flying fudge. If there is global warming, chances are it won't affect me. It won't affect my sons and it probably won't affect their kids too much either. Science will probably find an answer anyway and by which time I will be long dead and dusted

I am pretty bloody sure that my ancestors of a few generations ago didn't give a fig what was happening to affect the world I grew up in apart from my immediate ancestors giving up most of what was the British Empire and thus condeming me and future generations to living in a "country" rather than something bigger. A country which is now the open door to every sad and wanting case in the world. We have contributed enough in this country to help the world; let China and India do without their old cars and factories and leave my 3 litre Cosworths alone

It's a fact of Nature that the climate swings from one extreme to the other every few centuries. We've had more than one Ice Age over the past few millenia and we've also had more than one Temperate Age.

In the 17th century Winters were so cold that the Thames used to freeze over and fairs were held on the ice. The climate has gradually warmed since then, I can remember severe Winters (particularly 1947) which we don't get now, and it will probably get warmer still but it's a natural phenomenum. Our great-great-great-grandchildren will, no doubt, be bemoaning the fact that we didn't have feet of snow every Winter when they do.

The irony is, that the "green agenda" is now being ditched in the wake of ever rising petrol prices, showing that ordinary folk, when push comes to shove, will NOT give up a`carborne lifestyle they have become accustomed to, and the political parties will now begin to reflect this - cos at the end of the day, it's all about votes. :wink:

I have also watched several documentaries on this subject. I have also observed recent weather patterns. What all the "climate change" deniers seem to be ignoring is the fact that more than 90 per cent of the scientific community believe climate change IS taking place and that the activities of the human race are contributing to it.

Of course, the members of this forum obviously know better. I mean, they WOULD, wouldn't they!

Or is it that they don't want to give up their cars, their foreign holidays, their central heating, their patio heaters, etc, etc?

Egbert it is far from a "FACT" that 90% of the scientific community agree that human activity is causing climate change, unless of course you include such scientific luminaries as Bono and Madonna! In fact more and more real scientists are standing up to be counted and are saying that natural variability is what causes climate change together with the behaviour of the sun. The problem is that natural variability doesn't sell newspapers or convince Joe Public to part with more of his wages in tax. :roll::roll::roll:

As I said, the arrogant posters on here think they know better than the experts. I will concede that I personally don't know whether mankind is contributing to climate change any more than the rest of you do. Note I said "contributing" - not causing. But all the recent programmes I have seen and articles I have read say that more than 90 per cent of the scientific community are agreed that it is.

Some of the selfish attitudes expressed here must be from younger people who have never known what it is to be deprived of anything. I hope they never have to, because I don't think they will be able to cope with it.

However, rising oil prices may well price them off the road, and out of the air and even force them to turn the central heating down.

Hasnt Warrington at some point been under ice and also savannah like with wild animals roaming.

Our records only go back seconds if you look at the age of the earth. Yet that is being used to say it must be man. We've been hotter than this before without man's influence.

I am a sceptic but at the same time, we should take care of this rock better. However reducing CO2 emmissions by 70% (As suggested by Greenpeace) will only put mankind back to the stoneage.

We have complied with and are expected to better our Kyoto targets. Why therefore should we do more when others arent?

Cheshire was under water at one time (hence the salt mines). :wink: One has to laugh at the gullible folk in this country, all doing their bit - while the Chinese are building two coal fired power stations per week, and pumping the fumes into the global atmosphere, thus making our efforts puny and futile. :roll: The arrogance of humanity is quite amazing, in that they believe they can control their enviroment; the Chinese and Burmese will testify that nature will always take it's course, irrespective of our puny efforts. :wink:

Egbert,

go and take your do-gooding scare mongering nonsense to the Chinese and Indians and get them to cut down their massive amounts of polution.

No wonder everything is so cheap over there when we have to adhere to all the nonsensical emmisions legislation and they can do what they like. It wont be a case of pricing the UK population out of their cars, we just won't have any money to buy anything if all our industry keep relocating eastwards!

As I said, the arrogant posters on here think they know better than the experts. I will concede that I personally don't know whether mankind is contributing to climate change any more than the rest of you do. Note I said "contributing" - not causing. But all the recent programmes I have seen and articles I have read say that more than 90 per cent of the scientific community are agreed that it is.

Some of the selfish attitudes expressed here must be from younger people who have never known what it is to be deprived of anything. I hope they never have to, because I don't think they will be able to cope with it.

However, rising oil prices may well price them off the road, and out of the air and even force them to turn the central heating down.

And your comment on the elderly freezing without Central Heating?????????

The Chinese and Indians are only doing now what we have been doing for hundreds of years so we can hardly expect them to worry about us.

As for the elderly freezing to death? Well there's no need for central heating to prevent it. Appropriate clothing is just as effective.

But, sadly, it is a fact of life that the elderly pass on anyway. If they live a few years longer it isn't going to help the planet. In fact, it probably worsens the situation. People live longer nowadays anyway. They should be grateful for that.

The point you are mostly avoiding is the view of the scientific community. You all seem to think you know better! Why?

If you are taken ill, do you go to see a trained, qualified doctor or resort to a Witch Doctor?