1. 1. Do you believe in global warming?

• Yes
    • No
    • Uncertain

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that the question is wrongly worded. The evidence is that the global temperature on average has been rising since the end of the last ice age. In the last thousand years temperatures have been substantially higher and lower than today. A better question would be "Do you believe that humankind is able to control the climate of the planet?" This is the biggest con ever. :roll::roll:

Captain....

I have to say a big thanks for pointing me to the Gunga Din site. I have just downloaded "Albert and the Lion"... my dad used to recite this to me when I was a kid and it brings a tear to my eye!!

Baz

Perhaps the question should be:

do you believe that humans should exercise personal responsibility and curtail the greed that is contributing to global warming and the death and destruction of millions of humans and animals every year.

What global warming?? It doesn't exist. What we should be concerned about is global cooling and the onset of another ice age which would have much more effect on our existence. Warm temperatures encourage crop growth, ice doesn't. :roll::roll::roll:

Anyone watch "Flood" on ITV tonight; second part tommorrow night?! :?:wink:

Interesting take on humans. The calculated people who knew what to do, and the knee-jerk reactions of people in control?

I would suggest that too many people live and work in their little bubbles, without a thought as to what "could" go wrong.

Rule no.1 "Always be prepared for the unexpected".

Like why did everyone head for the underground stations when there was a flood coming? Why not just head for the 2nd floor of a building with a flask and a packet of rich teas?

And was it just me or was Robert Carlisles Cockney accent just like Mike the cool persons accent from the young ones??

Beats me!! :D

You stated the obvious one Baz; all the tall buildings in London could easily accommodate folk on the upper floors! Why did Carlyle and the girl, jump into the river and battle their way through London (he said to his Dad "If you stay here, you'll die") , his Dad stayed in the dry and got picked up by a chopper. :roll: And then having battled their way through the flood, they finished up going back to the Thames Barrier. :roll: Just hope folk arn't that thick, if it ever did happen - errm, mind you, they did elect Boris! :wink::lol:

Predictably Al Bore has blamed AGW for the cyclone that has devestated parts of Burma. This totally ignores the fact that there is no evidence that tropical storms are increasing in intensity or frequency, and that there have been equally severe storms in that area in the past. That part of the world is low lying and susceptible to flooding due to storms. The casualty rate is obviously higher as the poulation is increasing rapidly in that region. There's no show without Punch. :roll::roll:

I too, had to vote no, but this is not what I beleive, I beleive that although industry and man made polution may be a contributing factor to global warming, its not the cause.

one of the saddest arguments used by those wanting to tax us for our emmisions is saying that anyone who disagrees is a GW denialist, when the truth is we do not deny the earth is warming, we deny taxing us more money will help solve the problem.

we simply need to reduce our personal energy consumption. and let the government make plans to reduce that consumption under its control.

No, they will drown as the ice caps melt and sea levels rise, which is already happening.

Legion said:

we simply need to reduce our personal energy consumption. and let the government make plans to reduce that consumption under its control.

This is very true, but it is not simple. If it were the ultimate solution it would have happened by now. The difficulty seems to be that a lot of people 'simply' don't/won't make any effort. They say they 'don't believe it', 'its not my responsibility' 'let the government sort it out' and so on.

Hence the need for more desparate measures.

Chrissy grow up and stop believing everything you read in the alarmist press! the sea levels are not rising, global temperature is, in fact, falling. The icecaps are certainly not melting, and we are being conned into paying higher taxes by the most successful conmen in history. Oh and by the way, if I were you I would get my central heating system serviced now before the price goes through the roof. 8)8)8)

No I'm not suggesting that I know more than anyone else. But I sdo read a lot and have seen the evidence that Global Warming is not the disaster that certain parties are trying to make it out to be. Man made emmissions are not changing the climate and the icecaps are not melting. Climate change exists because change is what climate does, it has never been constant. There is no such thing as an ideal global temperature. Humans live in every area of the globe from the freezing poles to the equator. I believe we are being taken for an expensive ride by the alarmists. :roll::roll::roll: