Tier 3

asperity

1 minute ago, asperity said:

That describes me to a T, except I'm sensible enough to restrict my shopping trips to a minimum, go when it's quiet and I don't moan about what everyone else is doing or accuse them of trying to kill me.

Me too, BUT in a S/Market or Shop, with clearly marked one way systems, you still get idiots walking the wrong way and closing their distance to less than 2 metres.  Just thick as pig poo.     😷

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Observer II said:

There are several cases of these Neanderthals being told by other members of the public for not wearing masks, who have then suffered an assault.   I only tell those idiots that I think I can handle, but in this age of smart phones evidence can be supplied to the Police.     😷

I wouldn't risk a thump,but would go to a security officer and point the clown out 👉

Latchford.

That's sort of what I'm saying about hand sanitizers. With masks though, there's always been the claim that for medical reasons they cant wear them and I suppose the same could be argued for allergies to sanitizer.  But the thing is, I see large stores having staff stand at the entrance but I've never seen anyone being challenged for none compliance. If they're concerned about violence then just let them in, contact the none existent Covid marshals and challenge them on the way out.

I think mask compliance is fairly good these days although in B&M the other day, what I could only assume was a family of three adults were all maskless and I couldn't help but think that it was deliberate. 

Bill :)

1 hour ago, Confused52 said:

Con, I've read that through and it reads like a surrender document, "this is what we'd like to do but there's too many things making it difficult so we'll just throw our hands in the air and blame humans".

If you go into a shop or supermarket but find its full of people without masks or not social distancing/sanitising their hands and you don't feel comfortable, turn around and leave. They aren't going to change their behaviour to accomodate you so you are going to have to either put up with it or go somewhere else. And best of luck trying to get shop staff putting their safety at risk at your say so.

20 minutes ago, asperity said:

And best of luck trying to get shop staff putting their safety at risk at your say so.

Security staff get paid to enforce rules that is what they are paid for.. But If they are scared on their own.. let the supermarket owners employ more staff

With all the pubs and clubs shut there must be a lot of Door Supervisors looking for work.

56 minutes ago, Latchford Locks said:

Security staff get paid to enforce rules that is what they are paid for.. But If they are scared on their own.. let the supermarket owners employ more staff

With all the pubs and clubs shut there must be a lot of Door Supervisors looking for work.

They get paid about £8 per hour, half as much as a nightclub bouncer. I don't know about you but I wouldn't get into a confrontation with some chav over the wearing of a face-mask for minimum wage. And why should the supermarkets take on extra staff to try and enforce unpopular government guidelines? As I said to Obs, if you don't feel comfortable in a shop just leave, go somewhere else, come back at another time. Are you really so busy that you have to keep to a tight shopping schedule?

There are several cases of these Neanderthals being told by other members of the public for not wearing masks, who have then suffered an assault.   I only tell those idiots that I think I can handle, but in this age of smart phones evidence can be supplied to the Police.     😷  Talking of which, just seen a clip of a fracas on a Ryanair flight from Spain into UK;   these idiots need to be banned from flying and locked up.   😠   😷

Well the solution is simple, just make it the law and that way the idiots would have to think twice before kicking off. At the moment, I suspect there are some who deliberately don't comply.

I met one such person while picking up some landscaping materials last week. The the bloke was probably mid thirties and said he'd forgotten his mask. He needed to pay by card but the owner refused to let him in without a mask. The man asked me if I'd take his card in for him, which I may well have done, if he hadn't whispered to me "Masks are a total waste of time because they don't do anything." 

I left with him on the phone begging his mate to come down to help him out.

Plonker!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, asperity said:

Con, I've read that through and it reads like a surrender document, "this is what we'd like to do but there's too many things making it difficult so we'll just throw our hands in the air and blame humans".

I guess that you can see that with that advice Government is going to need a hell of a lot of persuading to follow the Great Barrington lot, It just isn't going to happen.

I suppose there are pros & cons for face coverings. Last Monday i saw a pensioner have a visor whipped off by the wind & a passer by had to retrieve it from the middle of the road. There's also the tale of the lady who caught Legionnaire's disease from wearing a mask.

As for security guards enforcing masks on the wilfully stubborn refuseniks ,i don't think violence on either part is a good idea.

Greater emphasis needs to be put on people protecting themselves from the virus than getting upset because some people ,for whatever reason, are not wearing masks/visors.

• Upvote 1

We’re talking a lot here about wearing masks, but in the supermarkets and larger stores that I’ve visited in recent weeks, I’m seeing almost a 100% compliance, so I think places like these are relatively safe. Maybe if I shopped at the weekend when those currently working tend to shop, I might see a different picture.